[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
ITT: Post an album you've been digging lately and a quick
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 3
File: 3164662562_1b6302173a.jpg (98 KB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
3164662562_1b6302173a.jpg
98 KB, 500x500
ITT: Post an album you've been digging lately and a quick blurb about what it is/why you like it.

Doesn't matter how obscure or ubiquitous the album is, just that you've been enjoying it lately and want to spread the good feels.

This is a chill thread, don't respond to provocateurs.

My pick: John Martyn - Solid Air
A floaty, feel-good folk album with jazzy instrumentals. Great song writing and flows like water. Recommended if you like Van Morrison, Joni Mitchell and/or Nick Drake. Also great if you're feeling shitty or stressed.
>>
you made this thread yesterday

its pretty shit album too
>>
>>64669324
Compared to Bless the Weather, maybe.
>>
>>64669281
Hey man join the /daily/ it's pretty much this but with dumb inside jokes and snarkiness

>>64642999
>>64642999
>>64642999
>>
File: MI0000694449.jpg (16 KB, 400x352) Image search: [Google]
MI0000694449.jpg
16 KB, 400x352
>>64669281
I had a week where I listened to that album so many times I lost count. It was some time in the Autumn. Listen to Steve Tilston's An Acoustic Confusion. I'm currently pretty hooked on pic related. Found myself listening to more jazz lately, and this album has a lot of soul and love in it. Could also be since I've been in a very good mood lately that this has been vibin' with me a lot.

Also as a side note, did you know that the title track to solid air is dedicated to Nick Drake?
>>
He's so fucking underrated. Like jesus christ what a good voice. I think he's one of the best crooners of our generation and every song is at least 6 in my opinion.
>>
>>64669399
This is fairly common knowledge amongst ND superfans.

He used to show up at John and Bev's and just play the same album over and over again for like 6 hours; spend the night, and then disappear.
>>
>>64669395
Btw solid air is fucking amazing
>>
>>64669324
nobody responded so I remade it, contribute or leave my thread bitch tits
>>
>>64669395
y'know I totally skip over these threads for some reason because I don't have a calender of listening quota like its my job or something, but I do listen to new music at least as regularly (I'm currently listening to "Michael Snow - Musics for Piano, Whistling, Microphone and Tape Recorder" that I grabbed at my local record store this morning).
If I can just post shit like this then I guess I should jump on that!
>>
>>64669601
Do it, it's fun. Don't worry if everyone's posting obscure shit, they'll discuss anything fairly
>>
>>64669399
I didn't know this, thanks anon. I love trivia like this.
For some reason I could never get into Karma, feels like more of a "build up" of emotions rather than a release. I've been diggin' a lot of Andrew Hill lately and I think I've reached a point where I'd consider him my favourite jazz composer; I literally cannot find something he's done thats bad.
>>64669439
>>
>>64669439
woops forgot to finish writing a response on my last post
I guess I'm not a ND superfan then :(((((
Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.