[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Death Grips, Swans, AnCo and Radiohead are releasing an album
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 35
Thread images: 2
File: brokencyde.png (427 KB, 851x478) Image search: [Google]
brokencyde.png
427 KB, 851x478
Death Grips, Swans, AnCo and Radiohead are releasing an album within the same year.

How has /mu/ not imploded?
>>
>>64668122
Because they are all going to be or are shit and underwhelming albums.
>>
Because last year Sufjan Stevens, Joanna Newsom, Deerhunter, Grimes, Bjork, Oneohtrix Point Never, Tame Impala, and fucking GY!BE released albums and we survived.
>>
>>64668157
>implying any of those albums were good
>>
>>64668157
>and fucking gy!be
why the emphasis on them? that album was p. underwhelming
>>
>>64668184
Carrie and Lowell was probably the best one.
>>
>>64668122
dont forget kanye, kendrick and the avalanches
>>
I'm surprised there hasn't been more of a hoo-ha about The Avalanches coming back to be honest.
>>
>>64668135
Bottomless Pit was underwhelming? That's the last thing I'd describe a DG album as (except for maybe gp)
>>
dg releases an album every year senpai
>>
>>64668184
>>64668185
And the AnCo album wasn't good this year.

I'm talking about the hype. And Sufjan, Joanna, Deerhunter, Grimes, and (bonus) Julia Holter all had amazing albums last year.
>>
Because neo-/mu/ is a piece of shit, even more so than old-/mu/
>>
>>64668213

Because nobody actually believes that they will release a new album anymore
>>
>>64668253
They've been working on it diligently since 2005. If it's released it'll easily make the top 100 best albums of all time.
>>
>>64668213
>The Avalanches
>coming back

They've been saying that since 2010 at least.
>>
>>64668270
Right next to le aeroplane in da sea rite? xD
>>
>>64668297
Why do you have to hide behind a layer of irony?
>>
>>64668253
>>64668277
Well, for me the fact that they're playing two festivals has got me excited.
When was the last time they toured, 2001 or something?
>>
>>64668297
What did your reply add to the thread?
>>
>>64668122
Because the peak excitement period for any of those bands has ended years ago. It's not 2012 anymore.
Because the AnCo album was shit.
Because the Death Grips album was shit.
Because the Radiohead album is almost certainly going to be shit.
Because the Swans album will most likely fade in comparison to their last two albums.
>>
>>64668364
>Because the Radiohead album is almost certainly going to be shit.
you fucking idiot we have one track off the album. get out of here, debbie downer
>>
File: tlop.jpg (78 KB, 650x650) Image search: [Google]
tlop.jpg
78 KB, 650x650
>>64668122
The AOTY was released before all of those, which kind of snuffed out all the hype this year, OP.
>>
>>64668364
lel commit suicide already
>>
>>64668364
>the peak excitement period ended

dude, 70% of this board right now is DG/Radiohead.

I thought Bottomless Pit was great, excited to hear radiohead.
>>
>>64668364
based on The Gate and their live shows generally the new Swans album could be one of their best, but it's going to get bad reviews because of Gira, and /mu/ will hate it
AnCo and Death Grips albums were both shockingly bad though
>>
>>64668157
>Not even mentioning Kendrick.
You may not like the album, but it almost fucking broke the site.
>>
>>64668227
They've spoiled us. I wonder when they break the cycle
>>
>>64668364
>Because the Radiohead album is almost certainly going to be shit.
proof you're just pulling shit out of your ass and hating for the sake of hating.
>>
>>64668408
2 tracks* but still yeah.
>>
>>64668122
Because they're all past their prime (well, Swans is arguable). It's not like they're releasing To Be Kind, Exmilitary, Kid A and Spirit They're Gone in the same year.
>>
>>64668122
Three of those have released underwhelming stuff so far. Only Swans is capable of saving the year.
>>
>>64668122
I've been going through my first existential crisis this year, and I feel like the release of Painting With was kind of the musical defining moment of how I've been feeling. I can't really explain it.
>>
>>64668415
I thought TLOP was great at first but once the dust settled I realized it was an extremely forgettable album
>>
If I'm aware of a band, they pretty much have a zero percent chance of releasing a really good album because I never discover bands until they've passed their prime. I'm only capable of discovering good music after the fact.
>>
>>64669776
I agree
Thread replies: 35
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.