[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>a new Death Grips and a new Radiohead album is being released
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 2
File: wood_man.jpg (16 KB, 344x361) Image search: [Google]
wood_man.jpg
16 KB, 344x361
>a new Death Grips and a new Radiohead album is being released weeks within eachother
>Bottomless Pit is pretty good and the new Radiohead album sounds like it's gonna be AOTD

my heart can't take it
>>
>>64667708
Was Death Grips actually good?

Call me a pleb, but I liked Exmilitary then hated The Money Store so I didn't even bother with their dick album. Is Bottomless Pit better?
>>
>>64667757
>hated The Money Store
How?
>>
File: Tyler_Joseph_4.jpg (45 KB, 900x600) Image search: [Google]
Tyler_Joseph_4.jpg
45 KB, 900x600
>>64667757
If you liked Exmilitary then I would try TPTB. Perfect combination of their experimental and catchy phases. Only bad tracks are Fuck Me Out and Pss Pss.
>>
>>64667757
>hated The Money Store
wow
>>
>>64667757
The new album is pretty TMS. The first two tracks are pretty chaotic but the rest is is pretty much TMS/NLDW with really catchy hooks. So if you hated TMS you will pretty much think the same of this album.

But hey, why not listen and decide for yourself? The band uploaded the whole album on youtube. https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL55Jv4fGPIb8YvgAtPckP--wgBmt6MV9q
>>
>yfw TKOL predates Exmilitary
>>
I feel like lp9 will be kid a 2.0 in the sense that they do something completely different from their previous albums
>>
>>64667857
Thanks, I'll try it out. I'll probably listen to their new album anyway since it's getting good reviews.
>>
>>64667945
Based on how Daydreaming sounded, it seems like they're going for something a little darker. So probably closer to Amnesiac, which is still something to get excited about. I'd love to hear the dark version on In Rainbows.
>>
>>64667757
I had the same experience. Loved Exmil then had mixed feelings on TMS so didn't bother with NLDW.
>>
>>64667777
>>64667858
Not him, but I find it kind of exhausting. After a while, it just gets annoying. I have been able to listen to it and enjoy it all the way through a few times, so I still think it's good.

>>64667757
That said, NLDW (the dick album) is my favorite of theirs
>>
totally agree about the new radiohead. i think its gonna be album of the day too
>>
THE KING OF LIMBS PART TWO IS FINALLY UPON US
>>
>tfw depression and can't feel anything

wew
>>
>>64668320
same lol
>>
>>64668320
>>64668431
I've got depression but I'm pretty excited because Radiohead is important to me and has seriously inspired me to become a musician so I can release music as good as them
>>
>>64668466
Oh I'm still excited. Just not as much as I should be.
>>
>>64668466
>tfw depressed enough to lose all motivation
>tfw not depressed enough to be an artist/musician
>>
>>64668577
>you have to be depressed to make art/music.
I hate nothing more than when people say/think this, it's so immature. good god.
>>
>>64667857
>Fuck me out
ok I can see that
>PSS PSS
literally how
>>
I know this is going to make me sound like a pleb, and maybe I am when it comes to the Death Grips, but I only like Exmilitary through No Love, Deep Web, and Niggas On the Moon. I suppose this is the pleb opinion, but I really think that Exmilitary through No Love, Deep Web are some of the greatest albums ever made, while most stuff since then just feels like some interesting stuff for people who want to continue following what they're doing.
>>
>>64669564
>Not liking GP and Jenny Death
So... you have the same opinion as 90% of the board.
>>
>>64669564
Niggas on the Moon is probably their least accessible album along with Government Plates, so you're not pleb. I'm surprised you didn't like Jenny Death because it's basically Exmilitary with actual guitars instead of various rock samples. Haven't heard Bottomless Pit yet.
>>
>>64669577
i know im gonna get downvoted for this, but i liek death grips ;^)
>>
>>64669757
60k upvotes, 76 awards of 4chan gold, offered a 10% stake in 4chan
Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.