[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>start playing the guitar >get really good practicing 7h/day
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 3
File: 354.jpg (36 KB, 680x684) Image search: [Google]
354.jpg
36 KB, 680x684
>start playing the guitar
>get really good practicing 7h/day
>most people tell me im good
>autist
>dont know any other musician
>everyone is in a band with a shit tier guitarist
>here i am in my room drinking vodka
Anyone else? i feel so stupid
>>
>start playing
>being good
Kek son
>>
>>64667937
So you can become good at something without starting?
>>
>>64668083
But practicing 7 hours a day is highly unlikely if you were starting because your hands may give out within a hour or two of intense practicing. Doing nothing like browsing 4chan or playing vidya while occasionally picking up the guitar to noodle or strum for a bit in a period of 7 hours is not 7 hours of practicing.
>>
The real problem is no one wants to work hard and trying truly new things.

Like the other day I showed my friends this thing I made where I sampled some distorted native American singing over tape echoed fire sirens and heavily delayed crying baby samples..

And you know they said? "What the fuck is wrong with you?"
>>
>>64668083
No, but you're bad when you start.
>>
>>64668195
>distorted native American singing over tape echoed fire sirens and heavily delayed crying baby samples

What the fuck is wrong with you?
>>
>>64668183
Well im talking about my average time right now, i dont really remember how much time i played when i started, i wish i only strummed for a bit, cant play right now because i have tendonitis
>>64668196
oh i guess i didnt say that in the post, i started like 3 years ago
>>
>>64668195
sounds pretty good desu
>>
>>64667471

what style? you should get a DAW/interface, learn some basic production skills+drum programming, record some ideas in the style(s) you are interested in playing and post em on soundcloud. and you can show your soundcloud to local musicians and such. theres fb groups for that shit, also if youre in college theres clubs and stuff.

youre right though, most people are shit. i stopped playing with people because working writing music with most people is awful. maybe im just stubborn though...
>>
>>64668464
Thats actually a pretty good idea i will try it, thanks!
>>
>>64667471
where do you live, I'm an autist, we can start an all-autist band
>>
>>64668683
Argentina, sorry m8
>>
>>64668195
Post it
>>
>>64667471
So you came here, what, hoping for band members by the boatload?
>>
just make shitty drunken bedroom guitar music
>>
>>64669352
Nah just wanted to see if its something normal here
>>
>>64667471
What did you use to learn, I've been half assing it since high school and I don't know shit about really playing, I know some theory, but that's about it?

Please help guitar anons
>>
>>64670564
Just started learning songs, increasing the "difficulty", i didnt learn a new song till i mastered the first one, repeat licks with different techniques everyday, it depends on what do you want to play
>>
>>64670676
I like rock, jazz and funk.
>>
>>64670701
Rythm or lead? if i were you i would listen to my favourite songs and try to guess which one is the easiest, then find a video explaining how to play it, that makes it a lot easier when you are starting
>>
>>64670793
Ok, I'd like to do both man, thanks, I just need to put in the time and effort.
>>
>>64670846
Yeah finding time to play is hard, i used to play when studying, watching tv, whatever, just to get your hands used, i used a lick that was easy to remember and i could do it without thinking, for me it was the godfather theme
>>
>>64668183
7 hours of practice is completely doable. You just lack discipline and the drive to do it
>>
>>64667471
You remind me a lot of me. I was a literal autist (although I didn't know it at the time) practicing around six hours every day. I didn't join a band until I was already playing for five years. I managed it by going out of my comfort zone and hanging out with acquaintances from high school until I got lucky and came across another guitarist trying to start a band.

The only way to do it is leave your room and constantly meet new people.
>>
File: image.jpg (210 KB, 1035x1328) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
210 KB, 1035x1328
I feel as though I can easily teach myself to play any instrument as I've learned pretty complex songs on my own with guitar and piano, it's just that I never have the discipline to dedicate myself to it

would you guys recommend getting a class for nothing more than having the regimen and discipline an instructor provides? I really want to learn but I still haven't figured out how to delay gratification as my mother would always say
>>
>>64671805
Not OP, but I have the exact same problem as OP. People like to play with me as I tend to be very creative. The thing is, every good guitarist I know is in a band with shit bandmates. I feel quite bad cuz I play their compositions better than their rythm guitarist but still can't get into those bands.
>>
File: image.gif (126 KB, 720x480) Image search: [Google]
image.gif
126 KB, 720x480
>>64668183
lol shut the fuck up you obviously know very little about what you're rambling about
>>
>>64668195
90% chance this will become copypasta
>>
>>64671805
I guess i have to meet more people, but all the musicians i know are retards, either they are cool but they suck at playing or they play nice but they are drunks/idiots/not my friends.
I guess its more about where i live, no one plays instruments here, they are quite expensive. For example a Jackson js32 is around 700 bucks
>>
>>64671579
I do agree about the lack of drive and discipline. It is very noticable how much putting in a lot of intense effort can get you.

>>64671873
How do you know what little I am talking about when I am talking from experience? :^) I bet you'll tell me to "git gud fgt"
>>
>>64668195
>>64668880
this lol
Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.