[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What does /mu/ think about Titus Andronicus? I really enjoyed
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2
What does /mu/ think about Titus Andronicus? I really enjoyed the Monitor for its epic scale, interesting atmosphere and instrumentation, the very well written/poetic lyrics, and also Patrick Stickles terrible but depressive and passionate singing voice. I especially enjoyed Four Score and Seven, and The Battle of Hampton Roads. Their recent stuff is completely watered down pop/punk trash, though, which saddens me.
>>
Love them, they're one of the best around right now. How can you not like Local Biz and TMLT? It doesn't sound very different from the other stuff. TMLT has some filler but the highs are really high. Local Biz is really consistent and the production is great.

Nothing about their work sounds like "completely watered down pop/punk trash". I don't know where you're getting that from. The poppiest they've gotten is Come On Siobhan and that's still not exactly a radio single.
>>
>>64663770
I can't objectively judge The Monitor because of how strongly I took to it five years ago. Shit's so good
>>
>>64663893
Yeah I was exaggerating, but I find that their newer stuff simply just doesn't match up to the rougher, larger scale stuff of the Monitor.
>>
they're great, airing of grievances is still one of my favorite records.

if you wanted to try to be the replacements + bruce springsteen but with a singer who sounds like connor oberst, you could do a hell of a lot worse than this
>>
Airing of The Grievances is like great shoegazey punk anthems. Their best album

>LAMBBBBBB OF GODDDDDD
>WE THINK NOTHING OF OURSELVES AT ALL
>>
File: The Most Lamentable Tragedy.jpg (56 KB, 560x560) Image search: [Google]
The Most Lamentable Tragedy.jpg
56 KB, 560x560
My favorite album.
>>
>>64663933
Yeah the new stuff is much more produced and clean, so I can see that maybe, but the heart is really still there I think
>>
It's almost as if the band lost it's confidence after Monitor and strves to play it safe. the songs aren't bad but without taking risks we're never going to get anything as interesting as The Monitor or The Airing of Grievances.
>>
>>64664382
I'm pretty sure Pat said TMLT was their last album, which is probably (read: hopefully) bullshit, but I'd really like them to put out something a little less ambitious than TMLT but still bombastic
>>
>>64663770
Favourite album of the decade for me. The Monitor is awesome. I love the way how Patrick carries this project, it's so full of emotion and anger.
The production sounds fresh and lo-fi at the same time, those guitars at Richard II sound magical, and a lot of the songs succeed in sounding very hopeful and uplifting at first listen, but really depressing in further analysis.
I think the most captivating thing about this band is that things are never quite settled (specially with Patrick) and every album they release could be their last. Also, every album sounds so different, which probably has to do with the constant lineup changes and Patrick's changing mental health. They display this vulnerability and desperation in a very subtle way through their music.
My favourite songs off The Monitor are Richard II, A Pot In Which To Piss and Theme From 'Cheers'.

On their other albums, I like them all. None of them is as good as The Monitor, but they all achieve a very "human" sound, emotion and they all have great lyrics. I know the other 3 albums don't have a concept as interesting as the Civil War, but come on, they all have some fucking great songs.
Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.