[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
can you guys give me an actual reason to hate this band? they
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 2
File: 21guysinplanes.jpg (60 KB, 636x421) Image search: [Google]
21guysinplanes.jpg
60 KB, 636x421
can you guys give me an actual reason to hate this band?

they dont seem any different than a lot of the stuff i see on here. they sing about the sad shit we all talk about. and their lyrics arent any more "edgy" than most bands on here

>inb4 muh colored hair
>inb4 this song will never be on the radio
>>
>>64662306
You missed the most important detail

Their music is shit
>>
>>64662481
too many religious undertones
>>
Does Twenty One Pilots remind anyone else of Animal Collective?
>>
>>64662481
So is /mu/core tho?
>>
>>64662560
Name a single bad /mu/core album. I'll be waiting.
>>
>>64662545
yeah they also remind me of
kanye west
lcd soundsystem
iceage
clouddead
antwon
nigga creep
death grips
run the jewels
gang of four
my bloody valentine
lush
snowing
icp
twenty one pilots
swans
the slits
napalm death
melvins
melt-banana
ruins
babymetal
thinking fellers
residents
massacre
glenn branca
slowdive
ride
chapterhouse
danny brown
>>
>>64662594
but he could just like type in any /mu/core album
and like
how would you refute that
they all have flaws
or reasons to be unappealing
>>
>>64662306
dude
why does the one on the right look like he just shit himself
>>
>>64662630
First off, every album on the /mu/core chart is there because someone likes it. If at least one person likes an album, then it cannot be objectively bad. Ergo, all /mu/core is good
>>
>>64662306
Music is subjective, friend
>>
>>64662681
different anon here, but by that logic, so is 21 pilots

i dont like them either but cmon senpai be smart
>>
>>64662681
but then

neither is 21pilots
that's a problem
>>
>>64662722
it just seems like people on here always reference the same 2 songs
>>
>>64662609
Dude I like antwon
>>
File: Pete Wentz.jpg (52 KB, 980x490) Image search: [Google]
Pete Wentz.jpg
52 KB, 980x490
>>64662306
21P make droll pop music whose "mix of genres" have all the variety of a TV dinner. Not much to say about the music beyond that really.

As for their lyrics, while 21P may tackle similar themes that /mu/core may tackle. Their similarities begin and end at that because how 21P tackle these themes are much more flawed than even the most average /mu/core. 21P are a prime example of the "show, don't tell." 21P simply tell you the emotions they're experiencing and expect you to feel bad for them. As a result, it just comes off as basic and self-important. Good lyricism shows the audience without outright saying it (Many songs on Down Colorful on a good example of this. In not only the lyrics, but the varying tones of both the instruments and vocals, all which are much superior than Tyler's nasal vocals and trendy sounds)
>>
>>64662796
>>64662803
The opinions of plebs don't count
>>
>>64662306
they're white
>>
>>64662838
Yeah good summary
Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.