[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Hopelessness
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 212
Thread images: 28
File: ANONHI.jpg (489 KB, 1600x1600) Image search: [Google]
ANONHI.jpg
489 KB, 1600x1600
Anohni F.K.A. Antony Hegarthy just released an album. Did you like it, /mu/?
>>
I didn't like it as much as I like this.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bBIubgsfK8E
>>
>>64654368
who is she??
>>
>>64654408
That chick from Antony and the Johnsons. She also sang Atom Dance with Björk.
>>
>>64654368
Nah, it was kinda boring.
>>
I didn't like it.
>>
Thought it was pretty good. Shame everyone discussing the album will get too bogged down on the fact she's trans.
>>
This board is rife with marketers.
>>
cringe lyrics that continue to raise awareness for tumblr thinkpieces and blogs just to be trending on twitter. which will most likely lead to no physical action and will dissolve until the next awareness comes

6/10 album
>>
>>64654368
I was really excited for it because of Drone Bomb Me, but it ended up being the best track on the album.
Not all bad, though.
>>
>>64654900
>SHE

post either:

"he's a trans" or "shes a woman"

saying "shes a trans" is literally attention whoring
>>
>>64654368
I finally got around to listen to it today. For me Anohni have a few very good records on his back. But this one is gonna come out as his strongest, the whole production from Oneohtrix Point Never and Hudson Mohawke, really gives the album an amazing dark theme, that i think very few singers are able to fill. Even though the lyrics get a little cringe sometimes this still stand as some of the best music of 2016, and probably the greatest release from Anohni.
>>
>>64655312
>tumblr.jpg
>>
>>64654368

it's an amazing album

I don't get why people keep saying the lyrics are cringe. Are you all so disturbed by someone making something vaguely political?

y'all sound like a bunch of Trump supporters. America deserves him.
>>
>>64655312
no it's not
>>
>>64655407
read>>64655011
>>
>>64655407
Nah son, I agree with lots of her points of view and some of the lyrics do come off as cringy. Way too straight-forward for me to enjoy on a song.
>>
>>64655446
>>64655445

have you guys never listened to a protest album? you sound as though you don't really know anything about art. sometimes an artist thinks a situation has gotten to the point that it is necessary to make a political statement. there is nothing wrong with that at all.

and how on earth would it be the responsibility of the album that no change could come? it's for lazy dumb fucks like you that this kind of art needs to be made.
>>
>>64655446
>>64655445
>>64655011
niggas so fucking scared of subversive political lyrics but 40% of music we know about is charged with political views

hilarious
>>
>>64655498
>>64655549

call me when you faggots start rioting instead of whining on 4chan/tumblr like you're gonna do pussy
>>
>>64655549
>>64655498
The problem is not the fact that the lyrics are subversive, the problem is the way it was delivered. She sounds like a teenager.
Have you guys even heard ''Obama''? How could you not cringe.
''Drone Bomb Me'' wasn't too straight-forward on the subject it was handling and was still very strong, possibly the strongest. She should've kept that way through the album
>>
>>64655591

why would we need to riot?

you literally sound retarded

people who complain about art that is overtly political always immediately reveal themselves as uneducated
>>
>>64655598

Explain using actual words with legitimate reasons what about the lyrics of Obama make you "cringe." I do hope you're old enough to know that saying something makes you "cringe" without a reason isn't an argument.
>>
>>64655609
yeah yeah link me your thinkpiece about how this album is crucial for the movement
that will lead to nothing because you guys do absolutely NOTHING but shitpost on the internet.
>>
>When you were elected
>The world cried for joy
>We thought we had empowered
>The truth telling envoy

Jesus Christ.
Also, I'm not from the US, but people really reacted that way when Obama was elected? Like, people for realsie thought that a politician could be the answear to the world's issues?
>>
>>64655598
Drone Bomb Me was not the lead single.

4 Degrees was. If you listened to that, then you knew what you were getting into, MONTHS prior. She's also a highly emotional artist, according to her past work and interviews so I'd expect something like this. Also, the delivery was absolutely mind-blowing. I've yet to hear someone sound so invested in their lyrics and their message. The instrumentals backing them were very meditative as well.

Why would I cringe about something that's actually true though? And it isn't like she's inciting riots like other people try to do. That's where it hits cringe level. She's just saying that Obama was a fraud, and I agree.

>>64655591
I don't know if it's clicked yet, but riots will achieve very little. If we're going to change something in the way you see fit, it needs to be careful, determined and calculated. Not just another romp in a city, destroying anything within arms length. Until someone devises that type of plan, nothing will happen. Sorry.

>>64655719
Sometimes it's not always that make an album bad or good. It's the voice powering them.
>>
>>64655741
>If we're going to change something in the way you see fit, it needs to be careful, determined and calculated
AKA im scared of dying for a cause
enjoy the endless awareness for years to come.
>>
>>64655622
Not him but

>When you were elected
>The world cried for joy
>The truth-telling envoy

This reminds me of what I did in like grade 7 or something just writing poetry for the sake of finding a rhyme. She probably looked on a rhyming dictionary to find "envoy", and then figured out how to make the stanza make sense with that.
>>
>>64655719

I know it's hard to believe but that is what happened. I'm Canadian and it was even happening over here. People were celebrating his victory and tacking up Obama posters in their living rooms.
>>
>>64655719
A lot of dumb people did yeah. His whole message of HOPE and all that really resonated with people.

He's been absolutely mediocre at best as a president though, and now people are dissatisfied with the current political establishment, leading to what you can see in the current election cycle.
>>
>>64655784

Protest music generally works best when it is at its most blunt. The lyrics are meant to be a means for delivering a message.

Also, tell us your favourite band and we can look at some of their lyrics.

Also, if you could do that in grade 7 then we should see what you've got now. Surely you also have released one of the most acclaimed albums of the year, right?
>>
/mu/
>blunt basic lyircs are cringe
critics
>blunt basic lyrics are meaningful and to the point

I'm sort of torn between desu, the only lyric I really cringed at was the "Like the Chinese, and the Saudis, North Koreans, and the Nigerians", but I don't find all of them to be powerful either, apart from 4 Degrees being all cynical like "It's only 4 degrees, let's see everything burn lol", that hit me a bit desu.
Listen mainly for her voice which is fantastic on here as ever
>>
>>64656615
if you pitchfork and the guardian who have an agenda on getting traffic for $$$ sure.
none of us are getting paid for criticing the album .I love antony's other work but the cringe lyrics on this album would only hit people who have never done any kind of critical thinking.

But anyway If you like it and enjoyed it who am I to judge......
>>
>>64654368
legitimately awesome im loving it the production is incredible
>>
>>64655312
>complains about attention whoring while simultaneously somehow making this thread about him
>>
it's just a white weeknd with silberman copycat vocals

i dont think ive ever been more disgusted to learn an artist i love worked on a project (lopatin)
>>
Snoozefest
>>
I think it's alright. The instrumentals underwhelmed me, but the vocals are solid. The lyricism is pretty hammy and occasionally annoying even though I generally agree with the sentiment. Didn't love it, didn't hate it.
>>
>/mu/ will praise Kanye's lyrics but shits on this

lmao
>>
It's an interesting album, the lyrics certainly aren't top-notch but I think the delivery is powerful, especially on the first three tracks. If it was made by a straight white guy I guarantee you most of /mu/ would be praising it.
>>
>>64658519
I can't take you serious when you say dumb shit like straight white guy when you're one also
stop posting bait. it's childish
Antony would feel disgusted if you pretended to like her album just to bait /pol/users kys
>>
>>64658519
Yeah, we're like such enforcers of patriarchal norms here.

The other day I was gonna listen to Coil but then I found out they were homos
>>
>>64654391
oh nooooooooooo
>>
>>64658585
>>64658573

I'm just trying to say that /mu/ keeps making a huge-ass deal about how the maker of the album is trans rather than discussing the actual music (besides "hurr the lyrics are shit here's an example from ONE song").

I find the whole thing to be very unique, the singing, some of the lyrics even if they aren't 10/10, and the production/instrumentals especially are really cool, especially since OPN had a big hand in them.
>>
>>64655842
That's a poor argument. Not that dude, but sometimes you don't need to be Michael Jordan to recognize bad basketball.
>>
>>64658659
Yet here you are making a big deal out of them making a big deal. Hmm I wonder why

I'm sick of this /pol and fake leftist reactionary bait.
I doubt you even listen to the album and just here to start shit for the (You)

describing this serious album as "really cool" proves you don't give a shit about the message fuck you asshole
>>
File: F9GzgaZ.jpg (2 MB, 3543x3543) Image search: [Google]
F9GzgaZ.jpg
2 MB, 3543x3543
not even the best R&B album this year
>>
>>64655407
>y'all sound like a bunch of Trump supporters
I sure am :^)
>>
>>64658726

>Hmm I wonder why

because I don't like seeing ignorant, intolerant assholes polluting this board? and for the record I listened to the album before /mu/ was even posting about it (which of course started immediately after Pitchfork gave it a 9)

when I say "really cool" I don't mean LITERALLY cool as in "OH YEAH BRUH THAT'S SO COOL" I just mean I think it's interesting and exciting and unique and powerful and kind of fascinating. I mean can you name any other albums that sound like this? same singing style, same instrumentals/production, same themes?
>>
>>64655719
It was bizarre how much his fans genuinely thought he would fix every problem in the world magically. They thought he was the messiah.

Look how that turned out, lmao
>>
I mean is it politically charged like a debate? Or politically charged like a Dead Kennedys album?
>>
only interesting aspect was that its coming from a trans perosn. the production and singing are good but uncreative and predictable.
>>
>>64654368
>Anohni
>real name Antony
TRANS-
>>
>>64658953
Politically charged like a 20 year old Ethnic Studies major's rambling blog post
>>
>>64658892
>because I don't like seeing ignorant, intolerant assholes polluting this board?
You don't browse here much do you. it's just 2-3 16 year old kids like yourself trying to be funny.
I mean how can you claim a straight white male would make a difference when TWO STRAIGHT WHITE MALES produced the record? Are you trying to be funny?

You give us liberals(if you even are one) a bad name by just posting idiotic and backwards shit to continue the back and forth childish arguments.

> same singing style, same instrumentals/production, same themes?
Everything these three have done in their previous projects? I can't believe i'm responding to this idiotic bait from you
fuck you again
>>
it's another album that's good but no one will be able to talk about it on this board without shitting themselves with memes and political arguments like TPAB or Death in June
>>
Didn't know this was a thing.

I bought two Antony and The Johnsons albums after seeing him sing back up for Lou Reed.
>>
>>64658994

>TWO STRAIGHT WHITE MALES produced the record?

so the artist (as in the artist who's album it is) isn't trans?? I thought that's what the big deal was, now I'm confused.

>Are you trying to be funny?

No, how am I trying to be funny? You're literally attacking me for praising the album and I'm defending it/myself.

>Everything these three have done in their previous projects?

I guess I should have clarified BY DIFFERENT ARTSTS, DURRRRRRRR. you would think that would be obvious. although I have listened to almost everything Daniel Lopatin has done.
>>
>>64655446
I imagine this is what I'll think of it. Few bands can pull off politically charged statements without sounding contrived. Gang of Four is a great example of a band that did pull it off.
>>
>>64659112
I'm attacking you because you're still on some 2014 tumblr white male shit
fuck off that. Because I can guarantee if you posted your pic you would fit that description
Last thing Antony wanted people to mention this aslong her record you numbskull.
Last time I checked obama was a black male
>>
>>64655446

>Way too straight-forward

that's the whole point though. I think se's being as blunt as possible on purpose, almost in a kind of sarcastic way.

>>64659194

I am a straight white male (well, mostly straight lol). I'm saying /mu/ would be more likely to like this album if they weren't so prejudiced against trans people. and if Antony doesn't want people talking about her being trans then she shouldn't put herself out there publicly as an artist. you do that and you are automatically inviting discussion about anything people know about you, that's just how it works and how it's always been.
>>
File: mfw.jpg (34 KB, 300x259) Image search: [Google]
mfw.jpg
34 KB, 300x259
>>64654408
>she
>>64654465
>That chick
>>64654900
>she's trans
>>64655312
>post either:
>"he's a trans" or "shes a woman"
>saying "shes a trans" is literally attention whoring
>>64655741
>She's
>>64658573
>her
>>64658983
>TRANS-
-ITION
>>
>>64659253
No she expected people to stop being childish
its called death of the author.
grow the fuck up already. nobody here is prejudiced against trans people. it's just idiots like yourself starting shit and baiting reactionaries from /pol/
you're no different than them
>>
>>64659322
>all this edge
>ends with a meme melon reference
absolutely ebin
>>
>>64655407
>America deserves him.
I agree. can't wait 2bh
>>
>>64659325

>nobody here is prejudiced against trans people.

did you not see all the threads we had yesterday about this album where posters were literally bashing her for being trans and not sounding like a girl and shit?
>>
>>64658659
You say this in every post defending this, and my retort is the same: I've known about Atony for over 10 years now, and he's always been shit. It has nothing to do with the fact that he think's he's a woman now.
>>
>>64659325
>she
>>64659345
glad you enjoyed it senpai
>>
File: 1313301539043.jpg (102 KB, 626x660) Image search: [Google]
1313301539043.jpg
102 KB, 626x660
>>
>>64659394
yep and my point stands. It's your fault for posting idiotic shit like "straight male /mu/ would like it" when you're one also
it just gives an opportunity for reactionary kids to start shit
if you ignore them they move on and go back to /pol or /v/
>>
>>64659421
where do people even find such retards en masse
I guess I've avoided them by having no social life and barely using facebook
>>
>>64659194
Obama is mixed race.
>>
>>64659729
>men's room was designed for the penis
how
he didn't even try to come up with a logical argument
>>
>>64659729
based
>>
>>64654465
>Antony and the Johnsons
whom?
>>
>>64659829
they should just desegregate bathrooms completely tbdesu
>>
File: image.jpg (23 KB, 305x380) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
23 KB, 305x380
>she
i am become tumblr, the destroyer of worlds

back to endchan for me lol
>>
>>64660015
why associate such a good man with such a shit post anon
he doesn't deserve it
>>
File: image.gif (337 KB, 250x188) Image search: [Google]
image.gif
337 KB, 250x188
>>64659345
>calling people out for buying into the leftist transgendered bullshit
>edgy

4ailchan is lost
>>
>>64660078
actually it's right here anon, I found it
>>
File: wp_ss_20160506_0001.png (295 KB, 538x570) Image search: [Google]
wp_ss_20160506_0001.png
295 KB, 538x570
>>64654368
That cover art looks like JUSTing Brendan Fraser
>>
>>64659394
Yeah, and literally you have people in this thread misgendering her. Lol mu is mostly basic white fuccbois who can't handle different opinions than their own.
>>
>>64659394
Actually the thread was mostly about how cringy the lyrics were with some dark H U M O R on the side.
Being trans != sucking, sucking = sucking
>>
File: 1462595032437.jpg (281 KB, 1059x962) Image search: [Google]
1462595032437.jpg
281 KB, 1059x962
I need to stop coming here, you guys are fucking idiots.

I am Bird Now will always be in my top ten albums. And Antony has put out some amazing albums

So what pitchfork gave Hopelessness 9.0, you don't have to make a generally good artist a fucking meme.

Go shitpost Death Grips and Kanye or something
>>
File: 1462129467442.png (41 KB, 386x387) Image search: [Google]
1462129467442.png
41 KB, 386x387
>mfw I'm actually progressive IRL but pretend to be a conservative on /mu/ to trigger newfag leftist cucks who can't handle the bantz
>mfw it works every time
>>
>>64654368
its so tight dude. that production. that voice. that desire for self immolation. drone bomb me. i'm involved in evil. fucking burn dude. that fucking death drive.

great shit
>>
This dudes too ugly to be a woman desu
>>
>>64660299
but anon, the lyricism is legitimately awful
>>64660371
nah, we're just reverse-bantering you fampai
>>
File: 1456061923315.png (176 KB, 494x468) Image search: [Google]
1456061923315.png
176 KB, 494x468
>>64660494
>I-I was just pretending to be triggered!
sure you were
>>
>Not Bronski Best, not even close
>>
>>64660513
if you were just pretending to be /pol/ then I can just pretend to be tumblr bud
>>
File: Tumblr-01-HD-Wallpaper.png (250 KB, 3156x3148) Image search: [Google]
Tumblr-01-HD-Wallpaper.png
250 KB, 3156x3148
>>64660178
>Yeah, and literally you have people in this thread misgendering her. Lol mu is mostly basic white fuccbois who can't handle different opinions than their own.
>>
>>64659421
>I don't understand what gender means. Let's get real aggressive about it!
>>
>>64660534
what do you gain by pretending to be a tumblr cuck? everyone will only think that you're retarded

at least by pretending to be /pol/ you will amass countless (You)s from unironical tumblr cucks
>>
>>64660584
>>
>>64660608
>I still don't understand what gender means and I can't ever bear to read a book
>>
>>64654368
>one of my favorite artist ruined by /mu/ & turned into a meme
>again
:sigh:
I hate this board sometimes
>>
>>64660598
And by pretending to be tumblr you get tons of yous from unironic /pol/tards
It's great
>>
its fantastic, as usual antony's voice is ace in performance, and emotion. the lyrics are a bit hammy, they at least arent bogged down by trying to be vague and symbolic. the politics are personal and on point, which immediately turns more casual music nerds off of a record. its a very much NOW album, and feels like it might get kind of dated in a couple years but then come back to being relevant as ever later. plus the hudmo/oneohtrix instrumentals are so fantastic
>>
File: x4bv2.jpg (50 KB, 400x367) Image search: [Google]
x4bv2.jpg
50 KB, 400x367
>>64660637
>>
>>64660681
I agree with all of what you're saying except the "turns casual music nerds off" point

I just think the politicking was thick on most tracks, although I think 4 Dregrees and Execution were really descriptive.
>>
>>64660642
How is this being 'turned into a meme'?

The overuse of this word in popular culture is becoming increasingly annoying.

'They made a meme out of it!!!' =/= someone uploaded one edit of the image with a caption.

I WANNA SEE THIS WORLD I WANNA SEE IT BOIL
>>
>>64660712
don't even understand this one but to have such a collection you've got to be russian. Or like an extreme neckbeard
>>
>>64654368

I love this album so fucking much
>>
>>64660737
of course i wouldnt suggest that you just listen to something if you take issue with what is presented or who the person performing is, but id always say to take a step back and look at what youre particularly offended by from an outside perspective

other than that, yeah its thick, but i find that admirable since i havent heard an album so thick with political themes that wasnt some shitty pop punk band from the 90s like NOFX, in a long time, and weve gotten to the point where its interesting to hear again.
>>
>>64660681
>its a very much NOW album
NOW That's What I Call Transgender Existential Crisis!
>>
>>64660907
>>
>>64660882
I don't think you understand how /mu/ works
>>
>>64660990
yeah, some women have xy chromosome haha pretty funny
>>
>>64661028
you aren't biting that anon's bait are you anon
that's a bad idea
>>
>>64661022
I don't think you understand how /mu/ works
>>
>>64660178
Do you not think that there are black and Latino and Asian people who are also bigoted towards trans people? Do you actually believe that it is white people and white people only who have caused problems for trans people?
>>
>>64661080
People are going to make threads like this everyday on here with something about transgenderism

Just like they did with Hospice saying it has no feels
Just like the did with Benji and Panara bread

Whenever pitchfork gives a album a high rating, people find something about it to spam on here and people constantly make threads about that subject making it a meme, just like with Death Grips, Grimes and Kanye
>>
SO HOW ABOUT THAT MUSIC ANONS
>>
File: trans-daddy_c_2914183.jpg (266 KB, 500x582) Image search: [Google]
trans-daddy_c_2914183.jpg
266 KB, 500x582
>>64661028
>>
>>64661160
people of color can't be bigoted
>>
>>64661203
I'm sure most trans women don't swear at their children, do you have a source on this implication?
>>
>>64661166
That doesn't make it a 'meme'.

It just makes those people spammy fucktards.

Welcome to /mu/.
>>
Kanye so good, he had a mediocre album & it was still genius.

Son, stop.
>>
>>64661236
trans woman are actually fucking aggressive and twisted fucking psychopaths, most women don't like them
>>
>>64658165
How new are you?
>>
>>64661278
this is extremely difficult to believe, my bigoted friend
>>
>>64661306
don't stop be believin
>>
File: trans-restroom.jpg (687 KB, 1800x945) Image search: [Google]
trans-restroom.jpg
687 KB, 1800x945
>>64661236
>>
>>64654391
Are those chimps?
>>
>>64661262
Who gives fuck what it's called, its fucking cancer.
>>
>>64661352
is this image supposed to be anti-trans? This just shows how ridiculous the bathroom laws are I don't know what you think it means
>>
>>64661408
true
>>
Stop biting those fucking baits, will you guys ever learn?
>>
>>64661559
baited ;)
>>
>>64661559
If a guy says something stupid and my response is simply "that's stupid" have I really been "baited"? Am I supposed to have ""lost"" or something?
>>
File: 5Wq5Jwq.png (665 KB, 948x437) Image search: [Google]
5Wq5Jwq.png
665 KB, 948x437
>>64661352
>>64661429
imo there should be a way to measure how well a tranny 'passes', and they should be assigned bathrooms based on their score
>>
>when I redefine the conventional understanding of gender on the spot, my argument works!

Ignoring the fact that it's OBJECTIVELY a mental illness, by the very definition of "mental illness", nobody would really care if the vast majority of trans people didn't dress up as this cartoonish caricature of what actual women behave like.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/science/science-news/10684179/Men-and-women-do-not-have-different-brains-claims-neuroscientist.html
>>
>>64661812
if you unironically believe this you should be lobotomised
>>
File: 3JClee3.gif (261 KB, 513x437) Image search: [Google]
3JClee3.gif
261 KB, 513x437
>>64661830
or legislation could just accept that new-wave-feminists and extremist trans-rights-activists are both wrong and deluded and get on with our lives

>>64661875
for what reason
>>
Didnt he make it with OPN and HudMo? Will probs be alright
>>
File: 1462410661276.jpg (74 KB, 360x883) Image search: [Google]
1462410661276.jpg
74 KB, 360x883
>>64661895
Correct. The more this whole shebang escalates, social stability deteriorates more and more. Demonizing the "oppressive" standards by which we stood by in our greatest periods of productivity and overall happiness will only speed up the end of the west.
>>
>>64662016
what pseud wrote that pic
>>
>>64654368
I still prefer most of her stuff from the Antony and the Johnsons era, specially I Am A Bird, I think I like overemotinal and personal lyrics better than politic ones, but it's certainly not a bad album, and I'm glad that she's getting the critical acclaim she has always deserved.
>>
>>64661306
Seeing as how wanting to change your predetermined sex is entirely derived from chemical imbalances and extreme hate for oneself that isn't even fucking close to unbelievable
>>
>>64661942
The music is great.

The lyrics are fake
>>
>>64654391
Holy shit they laugh in the beginning, like "fucking white people will buy into anything"
>>
>>64661229
bait

Asians are some of the most racist people alive. go to any bodega in any city and they follow black people in their stores so they don't steal anything

Middle Eastern people are the most homophobic and transphobic culture on the fucking planet

Latinos and black people both don't like white people too much but I don't have any problems with them otherwise
>>
>>64654391
any ounce of respect I had left for this piece of shit evaporated after this. sad, pathetic lel
>>
File: pYztCbi.webm (61 KB, 490x416) Image search: [Google]
pYztCbi.webm
61 KB, 490x416
>>64663098
they dont have """chemical imbalances"""
most people with mental instability don't. only in the most extreme cases are any """"chemical imbalances"""" actually discernable as the root of the problem.
the vast majority of these transpeople are just delusional, self-absorbed perverts.
the purported pervasiveness of """""chemical imbalances""""" in mentally ill people is just part of a campaign to sell more overpriced and unnecessary medications.
>>
>>64663098
this is blatantly false. It's called gender dysphoria, read about it rather than lying at me
>>
>>64663208
>Whites people are the best, amirite
>>
>>64664469
>misrepresenting a person's genuine thoughts this poorly/lazily
you probably think you're doing right too
>>
>>64659762
>>men's room was designed for the penis
>how
>he didn't even try to come up with a logical argument
because it has urinals. Not anti trans but it's objectively designed for the penis
>>
>>64665136
yea, but not as a whole. you can still just use a toilet.
>>
>>64663315
>>64664666
kys
>>
>>64665171
still that guy was not as dumb as you acted and you are a faggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggoooooooogggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggooooooooooooooooooooooooooooog(loo ke taeaxt peniscsasuck your aerea cause yourea gagaysfaga ans adshit aslot is where at the aadaick) 99943riiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiivvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvrggggggggggggggggggggggggbutetext aretaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa though liske privcutes
>>
>>64665171
I would love if men's rooms had no urinals. A row of toilets would be awesome. Then dudes wouldn't have to do the thing where they stand a urinal apart from each other.
>>
>>64665220
okay
I am pretty gay
>>64665227
I agree, urinals are efficient but also awkward as fuck, especially for a sperg like me
>>
>>64665227
that has absolutely nothing to do with it, but yeah mixed gender toilets would be fine
>>
File: l77Y7xA.gif (510 KB, 346x367) Image search: [Google]
l77Y7xA.gif
510 KB, 346x367
>>64665173
To(2) bE HoNnEsTttt it's a blessing that trannies kill themselves at higher rates than other groups =∆√ (it's a jok3 relax)
>>
>>64665643
kill
your
self
>>
File: wcRZ3LB.png (107 KB, 411x411) Image search: [Google]
wcRZ3LB.png
107 KB, 411x411
do people like eminem
>>
>>64665643
>>64665707
I far prefer these funposts 2bh
>>
File: rKA3q10.jpg (156 KB, 720x832) Image search: [Google]
rKA3q10.jpg
156 KB, 720x832
>>64665706
÷{ rude

>>64665729
i dunno, i quite like srsposting too
>>
No. I disliked it. The instrumentals were pretty great but her voice is really annoying. It's not even that gender neutral really. When I first heard her singing, I knew nothing about her and immediately thought it was a man's voice. Anyway, the politics are a bit too far left (yes, such a thing exists) and the lyrics are too sloppy and clumsy to articulate them properly. It tries to be like a Knife album but it falls flat.
>>
>>64665286
It has everything to do with how I feel, not whatever rant you are on, pleb
>>
>>64667077
I completely agree. I wasn't too familiar with her work, but I don't understand the album cover. Does she identify as a black woman too?
>>
File: Smug Anime 210.png (660 KB, 1200x1200) Image search: [Google]
Smug Anime 210.png
660 KB, 1200x1200
>>64667291
>my comments don't need to be related to what I reply to
>>
>>64667525
Get that Smug_Anime.jpg out of here
>>
>>64658892
You're lying
>>
>>64659253
I'm not prejudiced against trans people. I'm prejudiced against people who make mediocre music.
>>
>>64660178
I'm Hispanic and my entire fucking family hates trans people. They think trans people are either liars or attention whores or sick perverts.
>>
>>64661028
No, anon. That's not how reality works.
>>
>>64668555
the hatred on /mu/ is 90% white so it's correct to call these hatethreads white-dominated

obviously nonwhite people tend to be even more regressive on this issue, like your family

>>64668645
oh but it is my stupid little friend
>>
>>64661229
Bait.
If not bait, I'm positive you're white. Nobody of color believes this shit unless they're a hyper cuck
>>
>>64668672
it's obviously bait and you're really stupid to not tell
>cuck
oh wait, I guess we already knew you were stupid lol
>>
>>64668658
>the hatred on /mu/ is 90% white
Oh? Did you take a survey to determine that? A survey on an anonymous image board?
You're trying too hard to make the world (and this board) fit into your deluded perspective.
>>
>>64668773
where do you think all the nonwhite people come from on a fucking racist american board?

it's your shit stirring that takes effort
>>
>>64668720
Ive met far too many pasty fat white liberal arts girls who say these things irl
>>
>>64668803
What is your argument?
>>
File: 1457745338942.png (399 KB, 600x600) Image search: [Google]
1457745338942.png
399 KB, 600x600
>>64668823
here's an """argument"""
>>
I'll probably listen to it because of OPN and HudMo but all the lyrics I've read from it are absolutely indefensible. I'm not even right-wing, it's just extremely juvenile. Hopefully it'll be enjoyable anyway
>>
>>64668846
>it's just extremely juvenile
politics are juvenile
today I fucking learned
>>
>>64655842
>Surely you also have released one of the most acclaimed albums of the year, right?

people still make this argument?
>>
>>64668862
It's not the fact that it's political, it's the style and the phrasing. I like a lot of music that address political issues
>>
>>64668913
there is literally nothing wrong with blunt direct lyrics

the albums you like use metaphors because they're not deliberately communicating a political message

saying "this lyric is straightforward" is just not a criticism
>>
Fuck all this talk about the lyrics. How's the actual music itself? That's what actually matters.
>>
>>64668939
If anything, someone should be more metaphorical than usual when communicating a political message, to not seem whiny and immature.

>>64669008
Genuinely great, but the awful lyrics distract too much from it for me to listen to. And I'm a fucking liberal.
>>
>>64669008
The lyrics take so much away from the songs though. The voice is the main instrument on the tracks, so it's kinda hard to listen past.
>>
"Obama"

>When you were elected
>The world cried for joy
>The truth-telling envoy

>Now the news is you are spying
>Executing without trial
>Betraying virtues
>Scarring closed the sky

>Punishing the whistle blowers
>Those who tell the truth
>Do you recognize the yellow
>Staring back at you?

>Obama
>Obama
>Obama
>Obama

>Obama
>Obama
>Obama
>Obama
>>
>>64668939
How about the rhymes and word-choice being ESL-tier?
>>
>>64669083

it's always this one song, Obama, that people use to cite bad lyrics from. you realize there are like ten songs on the album, right? it's not just that one. you're majorly cherrypicking.
>>
>>64669113
4 Degrees is pretty bad too desu
>>
>>64669113
"Crisis"

>Crisis
>If I killed your father
>With a drone bomb
>How would you feel?

>Crisis
>If I killed your mother
>With a drone bomb
>How would you feel?

>Father
>If I killed your children
>With a drone bomb
>How would you feel?

>I'm sorry (x4)

>Now you’re
>Cutting heads off
>Innocent people
>On TV

>Daughter
>If I filled up your mass graves
>And attacked your countries
>Under false premise

>I'm sorry (x4)
>>
>>64655312
>[noun]'s a [adjective]
retard
>>
Is the album art indicative that Anonhi is transracial, too?
>>
>>64669113
This one's a little better since at least there's some imagery and metaphor, but it's still pretty awful and hamfisted:

"Marrow"

>In the, in the countryside, under the stream
>Suck the, suck the marrow out of her bones
>Inject, inject, inject me with chemotherapies
>Suck the, suck the money out of her face

>We are, we are all Americans now

>Africa, Iceland, Europe and Brazil
>China, Thailand, India and Great Britain
>Australia, Borneo and Nigeria

>We are, we are all Americans now
>>
>>64669169
This exactly. I do not understand, but it appears so
>>
"Watch Me"

>Watch me in my hotel room
>Watch my outline as I move from city to city
>Watch me watching pornography
>Watch my talking to my friends and my family

>I know you love me
>‘Cause you’re always watching me

>Protecting me from evil
>Protecting me from terrorism
>Protecting me from child molesters
>Protecting me from evil

>Watch me in my hotel room
>Watch my iris as I move from city to city
>Watch me watching pornography
>Watch my medical history
>>
>>64669113
not only are the other songs bad lyrically too, but that one is enough of an abortion that it deserves all the shit it gets
>>
>>64669026
>>>64668939(You)
>If anything, someone should be more metaphorical than usual when communicating a political message, to not seem whiny and immature.
>
>>>64669008
>Genuinely great, but the awful lyrics distract too much from it for me to listen to. And I'm a fucking liberal.
stupid post
>>
>>64669231
WOAH MAN LIKE THE NSA IS WATCHING US AND STUFF
FUCKING WAKE UP MAN
>>
only care about her work with Hercules and Love Affair

perfume genius did her solo work style better and I don't even like this album
>>
>>64654900
remember when /mu/ didn't care what she was

hell i think we even had The Crying Light on /mu/ essentials.
>>
>>64660637
"gender
ˈdʒɛndə/Submit
noun
the state of being male or female"

fuck off retard
>>
>>64655498
>have you guys never listened to a protest album? you sound as though you don't really know anything about art.

Pot calling the kettle black.
>>
>>64668939
Being hamfisted (lyrically) is a valid criticism
>>
>>64669231
>>64669195
>>64669148

she's just being ironic :^)
>>
>>64669479
gender and sex are different things
learn to speak english or fuck off to some russian forum

>>64669535
it is sometimes but when something is this hamfisted in every line you have to just accept that it's the intention
>>
>>64669026
>>64669059
Listening to it now since seeing 0PN on prod has convinced me to check it out. On track 5 so far.

I am honestly really split on this album. Not because of the lyrics or whatever political stuff. It's my disappointment with how weak the musical arrangement feels compared to what 0PN did with Garden Of Delete.

BUT, each track so far has a moment in it where everything comes together and the musical payoff feels very rewarding. Good on the producers for layering stuff so well when it does happen.

I don't have anything wrong with minimalism, but if too much of a piece's time is spent without changing it's not that interesting.

Almost done with Obama so far, and this is the weakest track yet. This was a minute too long and the flow of the different parts of music wasn't too great either.
>>
>>64669657
What you got against Russians, asshole?
>>
I love this "she made the lyrics straightforward on purpose you pleb" meme. Of course she did, we aren't fucking retarded; by doing so however, she made the actual music take a back seat to the messages. She could have written a 250 word blog post and I would have gotten just as much out of it. I remember what all of the songs were about but not what any of them sound like. Packaging this as music doesn't enhance it at all, it actually just detracts from both sides. I agree with most of what she says on the album but I still think it's a bad album.
>>
>>64669826
the message is the only point of the music here, it definitely adds to the art. I don't believe this "I agree with most of what she says on the album" meme it's always tacked onto the end of comments that are really about being offended
>>
>>64669712
Okay I am done. Album falls of hard at the end. Shit feels too watered down musically.
>>
>>64670127
I understand the political message is the point but I think art with an agenda like that is important for society, but ultimately undermines its aesthetic value. While I think something like this (or works by Banksy, etc.) have immense value, I don't think the value is aesthetic. I think this album relies so heavy on the situatedness of the listener that it loses something in the process.
I don't mean to say that everything needs to be timeless because I don't think that's true, but I do think that timelessness is important in aesthetic evaluation. As such (IMO) it's easy to see the value in this album, but not as an album.
>>
her best album since I Am a Bird Now tbqh
Thread replies: 212
Thread images: 28

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.