[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>reading an article about some new Bowie photo exhibit >related
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 5
File: daivdbowievideos.jpg (588 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
daivdbowievideos.jpg
588 KB, 1280x720
>reading an article about some new Bowie photo exhibit
>related news
>Obituary: David Bowie

Fuck man, will this feel ever end? ;____;
>>
>>64649451
so why was one of his pupils always more dilated than the other
>>
>>64649468

His mate punched him in the eye for cutting his grass with his girlfriend, but he was wearing a ring and unintentionally permanently injured David's eye. They remained buddies though and the perpetrator went on to produce the iconic graphics for Bowie's Hunky Dory and Ziggy Stardust album covers.
>>
File: tweet.jpg (124 KB, 962x995) Image search: [Google]
tweet.jpg
124 KB, 962x995
There is no cure for this feel. I saw the announce happen in realtime. :'3 </3
>>
File: sadbowie.jpg (33 KB, 525x762) Image search: [Google]
sadbowie.jpg
33 KB, 525x762
It's not the passing of Bowie which hurts, but knowing that's it for more music. :'(
>>
>>64649678
This is how I found out.

Someone retweeted this and I was like "who the fuck is Duncan Jones and why does this tweet have so many rts and likes?" and thought the photo was of him and his mother (you know Bowie was quite androgynous).

So I google his name and go to his Wikipedia page and I'm like "wow this dude is David Bowie's son I didn't know that" and wondered if Bowie had other children.
So I go to Bowie's page and I read "(8 January 1947 – 10 January 2016)" and my fucking jaw drops and I start shaking.
>>
>>64650402
I had just got home from work. On the drive home I was listening to a countdown of songs that came out recently on the radio and Lazarus was number one and the DJ was gushing and going on about what Bowie would do next. So I get home and get on here and there are threads about the new album and such and then like at 2AM his Twitter and site report that he died and everyone was freaking the fuck out thinking his social media stuff had gotten hacked or something. And some places were even reporting it was a hoax.
>>
File: 9789.png (10 KB, 628x758) Image search: [Google]
9789.png
10 KB, 628x758
>http://i.4cdn.org/wsg/1452654190617.webm
>>
File: bowiecloset.gif (2 MB, 299x299) Image search: [Google]
bowiecloset.gif
2 MB, 299x299
>>64650464

I was listening to Blackstar on repeat, as I'd been doing all weekend. I sat down to check my fagbook and saw the news posted there by official Bowie. Like everyone else I thought it was a sick joke or the account was hacked or something. But then Duncan's tweet confirmed it and was that. In the short time between these two events I saw a lot of angry posts by other people who thought it was a sick joke too.

Such a kick in the nuts just days after the high of Blackstar, but basically we were all in denial that Blackstar was his blatant swansong, which couldn't have been more obvious with the Lazarus clip released just a couple of days earlier.

>>64650470

Goddamnit. Pic related.
>>
>>64650884

I literally cannot bear to watch that Lazarus clip. ;w;
>>
fuck i miss him so much.
>>
>>64649551
>for cutting his grass with his girlfriend
the fuck
Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.