[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Do any of you actually purchase audio production software?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 49
Thread images: 4
File: daw.png (177 KB, 556x326) Image search: [Google]
daw.png
177 KB, 556x326
Do any of you actually purchase audio production software?
>>
I did. That very one
>>
i hope to someday
>>
>>64648695
Tried Avid Pro Tools but my computer sucks dick so I still use audacity.
>>
Yeah i purchased pro tools. Has been a bitch in the past but i have since become one with it and cannot use anything else
>>
>>64648695
i bought 2 daws actually i dont like recording gutiar in ableton so i bought cubase also
>>
Purchased Logic Pro
>>
File: image.jpg (92 KB, 476x631) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
92 KB, 476x631
I have protools 12
>>
i get everything legally through friends with connections for free :)
>>
>>64648745
>>64648920
>>64649256
>>64649257

Are you fucking kidding me? What is the point of buying all that?
>>
File: image.jpg (2 MB, 2448x3189) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
2 MB, 2448x3189
>>64649324
Lmao amateur detected
>>
>>64649463
Whos the semen demon?
>>
What is the best balanced DAW? By balanced I mean it handles both electronic and real instruments equally well. For instance, Ableton does loops and MIDI programming wonderfully but I think it is kind of lacking in real instrument features. Logic Pro is great for real instruments but looping and MIDI stuff can be really frustrating. Are Cubase and Protools worth checking out?
>>
>>64649734
Try mario paint composer
>>
>>64649734
cubase has good midi editing and good recording i never used protools or logic so i cant compare
>>
>>64648695
Music production to music composition is like proofreading to literature.
>>
>>64649734
I'm using Logic pro for guitar/bass recording, and I just started to use its midi part quite recently and it's pretty straightforward
>>
>>64649734
Pro tools is the best for recording imo. Logic 9 is good for your midi and vst stuff.
>>
>>64648695
Yep all of it.

I really enjoy music production so idont mind supporting the companies making all this amazing stuff including:

Logic Pro
Maschine 2
AudioMulch

Native instruments Komplete Ultimate
Waves Tapes tubes and transistors, metaflanger, LoAir.
Toneboosters pack.
Valhalla reverbs

Lots of iOS apps
>>
lol nope.
>>
>>64649734
I still personally use FL like a faggot
>>
>>64650564
its not so bad but i wish they had a better way to handle time signatures
>>
>>64648695
reason
>>
>>64650873
If I had the money, I would buy Ableton, seems much better, more complex, more control.
>>
I try to torrent everything but I bought Pro Tools because I need it to work in recording studios. At the time that I got it, I was in college so I got that nice student discount. I torrent all my plugins though
>>
>>64651172
I stopped torrenting everything like three years ago, got tired of letters from my isp.
Still have all the plugins from then, plus some bummed from a friend.
>>
>>64651251
Were you mainly torrenting plugins or other stuff like movies? I've been downloading a ton of plugins lately and I've been thinking of getting a VPN.
>>
>>64651290
mainly software, games, and music
used direct dl with a vpn for some plugins.

Also, sorry if you were meaning to talk to op, I'm a tad bit drunk so, I assumed you were talking to me.
>>
>>64651251
I've never had a problem with that myself
>>
>>64649734
never used cubase but i've used the rest.

pro tools is the best for actual recordings of instruments, vocals, and editing of audio/sound in general.

logic is probably the best at being really solid at both recording actual instruments and midi/vst playing/sequencing/looping.

if logic wasn't os exclusive and had a better ui, it would probably surpass pro tools as being the industry standard daw.
>>
>>64651508
It took me some years to start getting them, and one it happened, I panicked, and started backing up everything. Nothing really happened in the end, just a fuckton of letters and emails. Scared me clean though.
>>
nah. since that's my main creative outlet and the industry i hope to work in, i don't pirate anything audio production software wise.

when i bought my pro tools rigs it came with a bundled plug in pack so i've never actually needed to update or buy other plug ins.

the computer it's installed on is getting older though and i want to become more portable so within the last year i've been learning logic and just find it pretty easy to use (although i hate default layout design, too many tables/windows within tables/windows).

gonna wait for the mbp refresh and i'll probably switch to logic permanently.
>>
>>64651618
>the core pro tools plugins

mate get some waves plugins on the asap
>>
>>64651563
you should probably drop att&t as your isp and never seed torrents unless you fell for le private tracker meme.

i never seed and i don't know how long it's been, at least 10+ years without a single letter.

*knocks on wood
>>
>>64649734
>real instrument features
>>
File: s.jpg (8 KB, 316x202) Image search: [Google]
s.jpg
8 KB, 316x202
>>64651648
>waves

they are good but i have amd cpu currently and they dont even support it

saving for an upgrade though
>>
I use Live 9 for MIDI and Studio One for everything else (recording, mixing, mastering...). Even though i'm a "certified pro tools user" by Avid (doesnt mean shit, dunno why i did it) I still hate Pro Tools more than I hate shitting blood.
>>
>>64651648
the bundle i got with it was actually pretty good, i love using the fairchild compressors/limiters and the joe meek eq.

i also don't abuse plug ins or track counts, less is more for me. then again i work mainly with live instrument recordings and music that is primarily to be performed live and not just midi sequences or looped samples and drum machine beats.
>>
>>64651251
private trackers exist for a reason
>>
>>64649734
pro tools or mixcraft 7
>>
>>64652945

New /prod/ thread is up yall niggas gotta bump this shit :)
>>
>>64651136
I was gonna buy ableton but if you have any music out already, chances are they will just give you a free copy as an endorsement. that's how we got copies when 9 came out
>>
Garageband for life desu.
>>
>>64649734
>kind of lacking in real instrument features.

It isnt. You can record anything on it just like any other DAW and plug ins are immense and frankly too much.
>>
>>64649734
>but I think it is kind of lacking in real instrument features
like what ones?
>>
Logic Pro, Reason, Renoise and Ableton Live with Push

I work with movies.
>>
>>64649324
It's called being honest
>>
>>64656248
whoops, thought this was actual /prod/ on page 9
>>
Renoise
Thread replies: 49
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.