[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
/noise/
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 36
Thread images: 10
File: R-1874976-1249402145.jpeg.jpg (69 KB, 468x560) Image search: [Google]
R-1874976-1249402145.jpeg.jpg
69 KB, 468x560
it's friday night, come chill my friends.

http://pastebin.com/PhhV6eSx
>charts, gear advice

We can discuss whatever you want: AOTYs for any year, recent favs, your home-made noise, how your Friday has been, whatever mane. I'll start us off with some Q's to get the thread going.

>What's the most recent /noise/-related purchase you've made?
>Order of preference of physical media? (vinyl/cassette/CD)
>how old were you when you first got into noise?
>>
recs for noise to listen to while dealing with a day-long hangover? I've been going through a lot of the more droney subtext-core type stuff all day, much of which borders on noise. Mika Vainio is a godsend to music.
>>
>>64644465
I got a heap of home dubbed tapes from a small experimental label, as well as some distro copies of Moenai Hai on the way

Tape>CD=Vinyl

19ish, though I had heard some before then
>>
File: freerealestate.gif (659 KB, 200x145) Image search: [Google]
freerealestate.gif
659 KB, 200x145
>>64644465
I just got into it.

started with more dark/industrial/ambient/whateverTheFuckItIsCalled like Jhesu Masturbator. Then started listening to shit like this: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ePBB-NO8vKg

based on the pastebin I'm currently listening to https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EQahG8yrl0Q and I'm diggin it.
>>
Has a rip of the new Rainforest Spiritual Enslavement popped up yet?
>>
>>64646020
Havent seen it yet but i've been keeping my eyes open
>>
File: solmania - kill.jpg (13 KB, 600x594) Image search: [Google]
solmania - kill.jpg
13 KB, 600x594
Have you guys heard this yet? It's fucking great. Possibly the best guitar noise album I've heard.
>>
>>64647496
I have not, I assume you found it on SLSK?
>>64645462
welcome to the genre, newfriend. Coming from those sorta genres, I can see why you dig noise so far.
>>
Check it out, new Tesco promo mix. Aside from presenting bits of recently released stuff (a new Ke/Hil tape just came out a couple of days ago, by the way), it offers some insight into the label's schedule for the rest of the year.

Highlights include: a new Grim LP, a new Alfarmania/Projekt Hat LP and at long last, the new Con-Dom album.

https://tescogermany.bandcamp.com/album/digital-works-ii

>>64647496
This got ripped? I haven't noticed any distros outside of Japan carrying it.
>>
>>64649672
>new Grim LP
Well that's excellent!

>>64644465
>recent /noise/ purchase
A GX Jupitter-Larsen comp in indiegogo, he was also kind enough to send me an extra cd of another comp, of noise artists with the letter E (it's part of a larger whole of volumes).

>physical media
CD all the way. I think noise is one of the most rewarding genres to listen in good quality, no hiss or surface scratching.

>how old i was
I remember listening to TG and first wave industrial when I was 15-16 if that counts
>>
>>64644465
>>What's the most recent /noise/-related purchase you've made?

The Skin Crime box, also some other recent cds:
Astro - Astral Orange Sunshine
M.B.* - Regel (CD, Album, RE, Ltd)
M.B.* - Neuro Habitat (CD, Album, Ltd)
M.B.* - Symphony For A Genocide (CD, Album, Ltd, RE, RM)
Brainbombs - Obey (CD, Album, RE)
Jason Crumer - Ottoman Black (CD, Album, Ltd)
Kevin Drumm - Land Of Lurches (CD, Album)
Kevin Drumm - Impish Tyrant (CD, RE, Ltd)

Also a bunch of EAI, Free Improv, Drone and other experimental cds and some cassettes/ a few records.

>>Order of preference of physical media? (vinyl/cassette/CD)

Cd=Vinyl>Cassette

>>how old were you when you first got into noise?

>>
PSHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH
BZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZT
>>
>>64644465

I did a trade with a friend and his small label, mostly small locals bands (Chibre, Shinjuku Ni Chome...). But I have a trade planned with Tordon Ljud to grab some No Rent and Jason Crumer stuff. Pretty excited !

Tape, CD, LP. (Not really an order of preference, more an order of how accessible)

I've been doing drone/ambient stuff since 2011, I was 23 at the time. I really got into the noisiest stuff (and started playing so) around 2013 or so, so 25 I'd say ?

Are you guys working on new material ? I have 20+mn track in the work. I could release it myself but I'd rather find a label for a change.
>>
File: cover-1.jpg (203 KB, 1400x1400) Image search: [Google]
cover-1.jpg
203 KB, 1400x1400
Hi /noise/, used to be a lot more active in these threads two years ago when I was getting into the aesthetic but I'm glad you're still alive and well.

I thought I'd share my noise-folk album for anyone interested to see more of the genre.

evenoxen.bandcamp.com

I especially recommend listening to the tracks Our Messiah Flying with the Clouds Toward Heaven and The Dragon on the Shore Beside the Sea since those two are definitely the most noise-heavy tracks while songs like Luma and Your Baileys of Water have much more in common with fuzz folk bands like Neutral Milk Hotel. I'm confident you'll enjoy what you hear it you enter with an open mind. I'll be lurking and especially checking out some of your pet projects when I get home.
>>
>>64650811
Oh, man, a few years ago you posted a "drone pop" vocaroo in a thread (not noise I'm pretty sure because I don't think I was into noise at the time) and I've had the file saved on my phone as "Givingbear drone pop vocaroo" ever since, really enjoyed it. I'm excited to check out your album, thank you for sharing!
>>
>>64651229
Kek, famalam that's rad. I'm glad to see that so many stick around /mu/ after all these years. I'd love to hear what you think of it when you get a chance but just the sole act of you listening is rewarding enough.

If you have any projects I'd love to hear it. Btw, how did you find yourself becoming a fan of noise?
>>
>>64650509
this is awesome anon. mega link?
>>
Heads up, Germans: Pedestrian Deposit are returning to Berlin later this month. Not to be missed.
>>
I've realised that my favourite kind of noise is the sound of metallic shit banging together. Any recs for this kind of noise? I frequently listen to Jaakko Vanhala (Feral Earth), The New Blockaders, Hal Hutchinson, Jason Crumer (What Is Love). What am I missing??
>>
>>64644465
>Bastard Noise/MitB image on my /mu/
>I didn't post it

I've waited literally 4 years for this

>It's a tripfag
ouch
>>
File: R-223767-1228925181.jpeg.jpg (74 KB, 598x600) Image search: [Google]
R-223767-1228925181.jpeg.jpg
74 KB, 598x600
>>64652193
Bastard Noise gets mentioned here semi-regularly.
Favorite BN albums?
>>
>>64652193
could be worse, I could've been montie
>>64651802
there was a chart that a kind anon made that was exactly about this, but I don't seem to have it saved. I'll see what I can find in the archive.
>>
File: 1458881942515.jpg (326 KB, 838x505) Image search: [Google]
1458881942515.jpg
326 KB, 838x505
>>64651802
here we are
>>
File: R-8384583-1461004494-8942.jpeg.jpg (68 KB, 600x458) Image search: [Google]
R-8384583-1461004494-8942.jpeg.jpg
68 KB, 600x458
Any rips of these on What yet?

>>64651802
Black Leather Jesus make regular use of junk metal, as does Mania(though I reckon you're already familiar with him if you're into Hutchinson).
>>
>>64654153
no, sorry.
>>
>>64654018
>>64654153
Thanks guys, already found some decent stuff to listen to in that chart. I have one release each from Black Leather Jesus and Mania, so I guess I'll be expanding those.
>>
File: gSVnWX.jpg (236 KB, 600x600) Image search: [Google]
gSVnWX.jpg
236 KB, 600x600
so what was your end all consensus on this?
>>
>>64644465
Xern0n would you check what for these releases please?

Merzbow - Life Performance
Sutcliffe Jügend - Offal
Sutcliffe Jügend - Masks
Brighter Death Now - Breaking Down Nihil (2011 2CD version)
Observation Clinique - The Mental Answer 1 (2013 LP/CD/tape reissue)
S.T.A.B. Electronics - Born for Righteous Abuse / Temple of Self-Disgust
Atrax Morgue - Ripper Box
SPK - Dokument Recordings 1979-1983 (2016)
Sewer Goddess - Hymns of Infliction
Ramleh - Conquest Play
Ramleh - Elite Gymnastics
Putrefier - Beyond Scathing (CD reissue)
Jason Crumer - First Two Records on CD
JH1.FS3 - Silence.DOM
Kleistwahr - Mobility
Kleistwahr - Over Your Heads Forever
Kleistwahr - The Return (CD)

Please, you don't have to take all of them obviously, I just need to know if there are rips available.
>>
>>64644465
> Moenai Hai
> Tape = vinyl > CD
> 14, 20 now
>>
>>64651322
On lunch at work now, listening to it a bit. I really love the first few tracks, this is definitely my kind of shit! Also got that other release of yours and listened to the last track on it and loved it. I'll listen to the rest of everything later tonight, I have a feeling that I'll enjoy the rest of it too though.

I do have a project of my own, I have a Soundcloud with a bit of stuff and a bandcamp with one noise improv album posted. I've been working on a bunch of noise/ambient/black metal/lo-fi acoustic tracks for a while to compile into an album or two though, I'll be a lot more proud of that when I'm done than the stuff I have up now. Artist name is Noppoly on both of those if you feel like checking it out, and if you have a Soundcloud I'd love to follow you there!

As for getting into noise, it was a combination of getting into noisier music like shoegaze, lo-fi, black metal and grindcore which eventually led to seeking further extremes and of having fun making noise with guitar/mic & pedals myself (and with a friend occasionally). I was recording my own noise stuff years ago before I was even fully aware of noise as a genre actually, haha.
What about yourself?
>>
> tfw quit your job because you were too stressed and wanted to pursue making noise
> tfw everyone hates you and now you just want a part time job to enjoy the summer before going to uni
Life is pain
>>
>>64657453
wew, hefty list. Lessee, this is what's available, assume FLAC unless otherwise stated

>Merzbow - Life Performance
>SPK - Dokument Recordings 1979-1983 (2016)
Unfortunately, not 2016, it's the 2008 Vinyl rip, would that work?
>Jason Crumer - First Two Records on CD

That's all for those, there are requests for a couple of them. I promise to snatch them all but I have no guarantees when I can upload them. They will get uploaded though.
>>
File: a3968555202_16.jpg (79 KB, 700x700) Image search: [Google]
a3968555202_16.jpg
79 KB, 700x700
This was one of my favorites from this year. Unfortunately I've been wicked busy these last few months so haven't been able to check a lot of new stuff out. Having responsibilities blows.
>>
>>64658454
No prob mane, you're too kind.. thank you again

>Unfortunately, not 2016, it's the 2008 Vinyl
I think you're mistaken, the 2008 one is another compilation of live albums, completely different from the 2016 one.

https://www.discogs.com/SPK-SPK-Dokument-Recordings-1979-1983/master/957087
https://www.discogs.com/SPK-Dokument-III0-1979-1983/master/13540

On a side note, I found NWW's Astrophytum on slsk, just have to wait till the guy goes back online. I'll upload here too!
>>
>>64647496
What is this?
>>
>>64658546
does anyone have a link for this?
Thread replies: 36
Thread images: 10

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.