[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
is there a guide to getting into cassettes like there are with vinyl?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 3
is there a guide to getting into cassettes like there are with vinyl?
>>
>>64641532
yes
>>
Yeah, kill yourself faggot
>>
>>64641532
Yeah.

1. Take all your cassettes.
2. Throw them in the trash
>>
There isn't a guide to "getting into vinyl".

There are a few charts giving you information about how to set up a decent turntable and sound system, but no one is telling you "how to vinyl".

The only thing you could be asking is, "what are some good, inexpensive tape decks." Luckily for you, finding a non-shit tape deck is much easier and cheaper than finding a non-shit turntable.

>>64641563
>>64641618
Fuck off.
>>
>>64641694
>There are a few charts giving you information about how to set up a decent turntable and sound system,

That's all i want
>>
why the fuck would anyone want to get into cassette?

mixtapes were the only good thing about cassette but even then the sound quality has always been total shit
>>
>>64641957
because it's comfy dood
>>
>>64641957
All physical media is redundant.

Collecting is its own fun.
>>
>>64641532

yes
>>
>>64641532
>getting into cassettes
why?
>>
>>64641532
i got into cassettes by finding a tape player for 1 dollar at goodwill

honestly cassettes and shit are really cheap, just go to a yardsale and youre bound to find something

there isnt much you have to do to "get into" them
>>
>>64642956
It's not necessarily redundant cause it depends what hi-fi setups people have. In an ideal world physical media is kinda redundant but many people probably have better CD players than DACs for their computer. There's also other considerations such as the room and setup of speakers for a hi-fi system vs where people mi have a PC. Also computer fan noise.
Of course you can set up an awesome listening rig with your computer but many people probably haven't done this.
>>
its fun every now and then to have a cassette of a cool album but theres really no reason to collect a good number of them, unless you still have cassette player in your car. they arent a good format
>>
>>64641957
>mixtapes were the only good thing about cassette but even then the sound quality has always been total shit
>tfw too young to have made mixtapes for friends .____.
>>
>>64641532
Look for a Tandberg, Nakamichi, or Pioneer. There's your guide in a nutshell.
>>
from my experience it is a cheap enough thing to just experiment with goodwill shit
>>
File: cassettes.png (273 KB, 455x456) Image search: [Google]
cassettes.png
273 KB, 455x456
HOW TO CASSETTES GUIDE:
>don't
>>
>went to a garage sale and got a pete & pete cassette for 50 cents
>check ebay and it's going for $60
>>
i like collecting cassettes because it's harder to find things on tape than vinyl, generally speaking. i mostly collect stuff from the 80's and 90's, but i do have a few modern cassette reissues just for the hell of it. wouldn't mind owning a few james ferraro and opn tapes either
>>
File: whitereel.jpg (69 KB, 645x360) Image search: [Google]
whitereel.jpg
69 KB, 645x360
Sometimes you can find alternate mixes on cassette singles & EPs, but for the most part I shy away from cassettes, simply because the fidelity is so low compared to other analog media.

If you want to into tape, investigate reel-to-reel albums.

Yes, they were a thing.
>>
>>64645538
Ha. I got mine from a box of cereal. It even has an intro from Pete himself.

"Are you crazy man? You didn't notice her? A-you must be blind..."
Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.