[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
ITT
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 8
File: 1974.jpg (35 KB, 1366x768) Image search: [Google]
1974.jpg
35 KB, 1366x768
It's 1974
>>
breaking news:
Folk musician Nick Drake was found dead last night in his room by his parents, more at 7
>>
>>64633475
Who?
>>
jenny death when
>>
IIIIIIF I COULD MAKE A WISH
I THINK I'D PAASS
>>
>>64633475
literally who?
>>
I heard that Zappa and Beefheart are going to collaborate. Get hype.
>>
>1974
>listens to music from this century

your reason not to listen exclusively to classical?
>>
we can all agree that the stooges - fun house is the greatest album of all time, right?
>>
File: Comus-First-Utterance.jpg (83 KB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
Comus-First-Utterance.jpg
83 KB, 500x500
Follow up when?
>>
File: cover.jpg (137 KB, 1000x1000) Image search: [Google]
cover.jpg
137 KB, 1000x1000
AOTY
>>
>>64633846
>not Unrest
afroamerican pls
>>
>>64633917
>Rock Bottom came out in 74
i done fucked up
>>
there's absolutely nothing going on in music this year. the Stones It's only Rock n Roll and Desolation Boulevard by Sweet are good, but the only thing innovative is Inspiration Information by Shuggie Otis. which is excellent. but an anomaly in this mid-decade music slump we're in. Cymande and Mulatu are doing their thing, but even fewer people know them than Shuggie.

Well, guess I'll head on down to the hospital and watch myself be born.
>>
>>64633753
Raw Power is superior.
>>
it is 1974
>>
Note to the members of Genesis: Let Peter Gabriel have his fucking baby don't be dicks plz
>>
Just got back from New York. That place is a fucking mess and the local bands are a joke. On the lower east side there are all these garage bands that can barely play. One's led by some artfag who sounds like he's being strangled, and he spends all his time trying to steal people's attention back from his freak bassist who hasn't showered in a week and uses safety pins to hold his clothes together.
Then there's this TERRIBLE surf band that all have matching bowl haircuts, leather jackets, and ripped jeans, and the guitarist knows, like, 2 chords.
Hung out in the Bronx, and there are all these broke Jamaican immigrants obnoxiously BLASTING R&B and reggae outside and making scribbly noises as they try to ruin their records. Meanwhile wannabe beat poets are reciting their "poetry" over the records - it's fucking retarded.
Went to a loft party on the upper west side, and there were all these art school rejects who weren't even making music, just fucking noise. Literally bashing their instruments, making static, and SCREAMING.
New York is the death of culture.
>>
File: MVD5138A.jpg (827 KB, 1425x1425) Image search: [Google]
MVD5138A.jpg
827 KB, 1425x1425
wtf am I listening to? Who let these people into a studio?
>>
>>64633475
Who the fuck is that?
>>
File: download (6).jpg (6 KB, 265x190) Image search: [Google]
download (6).jpg
6 KB, 265x190
Man i love Rebel Rebel
>>
File: Dark_Side_of_the_Moon.png (22 KB, 300x300) Image search: [Google]
Dark_Side_of_the_Moon.png
22 KB, 300x300
I'm fucking sick of everyone talking about this stupid fucking meme album, ITS NOT GOOD. NOBODY IS GOING TO REMEMBER THIS SHIT EVER AFTER IT LEAVES THE BILLBOARD CHARTS
>>
>>64635373
>64635373
>73

that does explain why this year in music is so crap, everyone is still listening to this one.
>>
File: 51v7Ab6H7-L._SL1417_[1].jpg (37 KB, 1417x1417) Image search: [Google]
51v7Ab6H7-L._SL1417_[1].jpg
37 KB, 1417x1417
>>64634604
don't talk like that about North Louisiana's Phenonemal Pop Combo
>>
Ugh, I hate my generation.
I'm 14 and, like, I feel like I'm the only one with good music taste in my school.
Some of my favourite artists are Miles Davis, Billie Holiday, Chet Baker, Ella Fitzgerald, Ray Charles, the list goes on and on. You know, from the 50's, the time when artists made REAL music and like, not this Rock garbage my phony classmates like.
All they listen to is their David Bowie, Led Zeppelin, The Who, Pink Floyd and all that stuff I hate. It's just dumb noise and the lyrics are promoting sex and drugs. Plus they use electric guitars. Real music isn't made with wired crap, it's made with acoustic instruments !!!
And, like, whenever I try to get someone to listen to good music they don't dig it and they call me a square chump.

I wish I had been born in the 40s or the late 30s. So I could'va been alive in the 50's, when everything was better, you know.
People were classy and men had decent, manly haircuts.
Parties and dances were so much better (Not this trasy 'GET DOWN WITH THE FUNK, BRO!! BOOGIE BOOGIE!!' crap of nowadays)
And negroes had no rights.

Those were the times.
>>
What the fuck is 4chan?
>>
>>64635613
You say Miles Davis, I say Benny Goodman
You say Chet Baker, I say Glenn Miller
You say Ella Fitzgerald, I say Tommy Dorsey
Like and Repost if you agree that meme jazz killed the last true great era of music.
Don't let big bands die out.
>>
File: hcwj.jpg (125 KB, 500x502) Image search: [Google]
hcwj.jpg
125 KB, 500x502
music peaked here and will only go downhill, mark my words.
greatest album ever. thank you eno
>>
>>64636253
remember me remember me
Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 8

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.