[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
NO BEST NEW TRACK
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 1
File: Untitled.png (80 KB, 783x410) Image search: [Google]
Untitled.png
80 KB, 783x410
NO BEST NEW TRACK
NO BEST NEW TRACK
NO BEST NEW TRACK
NO BEST NEW TRACK
NO BEST NEW TRACK

THEY GAVE SHITTY COLDPLAY CHEESE BEST NEW TRACK BUT NOT POSTMODERN ROCK CLASSICAL

FUCK PITCHFORK
>>
relax
>>
>>64632682
Why do pitchfork have such shit taste? Daydreaming is way better than Burn the Witch.
>>
>>64632682
They are literally idiots
>>
Please tell me people don't unironically care about what Pitchfork deems good or not
>>
8.4 confirmed
>>
>>64632736
well, there are people here who unironically care about fantano
>>
>>64632831
At least then it's one person's opinion you care about.
With Pitchfork you might get some complete moron writing a review for you to read, unless you know all the writers at P4k, in which case holy shit
>>
>>64632863
There are definitely some writers who's work I know (mostly from other publications) and who's writing and opinions I respect. Like Philip Sherburne or Mark Richardson. I don't know any of the new writers though.
>>
I bet there are some retards who actually think burn the witch sounds like a coldplay song

what a sad life that must be, to have ears so fundamentally broken
>>
>>64632980
Seth Colter Walls is a newer addition that's awesome
http://pitchfork.com/staff/seth-colter-walls/
>>
>>64632682
who even cares about p4k anymore?
>>
They had to give Joey Purp's “Photobooth”, best new track today.

>There's a lot going on with Chicago rapper Joey Purp's "Photobooth," and it's counter-productive to translate the music into words. Somewhere in here is James Brown's "Boo-Ga-Loo," diced and transformed into horns acting like squawking sirens, along with brass flourishes and what seems to be an actual siren squealing. Producers GARREN and Knox Fortune make it sound as if all of this self-assured instrumentation is emboldened by commitment issues—negative space is used wisely, a baseline peeps its head in and out, and nothing hangs around for long, everything acting as if it needs me time, as if each element's narcissism keeps it from realizing it's in relationship with the rest of the song. But it's a harmonic dysfunction that comes together long enough to be a thrilling rush during this three-minute sonic crash.

>This aural boon is put in service of a flurry of brazen bars about Joey's personal greatness, commitment to being under the influence, sexual conquests, and dismissing women who don't look good as their online pics suggest. "She ain't really bad, she a photo thot/She'll fuck a nigga off the 'Gram for a pohto op," he raps. It's a message that makes you want to scream #NotAllInstagramModels, but no one will hear you over this beat.

And you know something? They're right.
>>
>>64633008
A few years back comparing Radiohead with Coldplay was simply a joke, I think some idiots actually think it's true now.
>>
>trusting a publication that would put a chief keef album in their top 40 of the year and commend keef for his emotional delivery

No
>>
>>64632712
BTW is objectively better, it has way more layers and the strings are more alluring than the generic droning in Daydreaming.
>>
>>64633177
How to make a song better:
Add more layers
>>
>>64633008
>ad hominem
u tried
>>
Should have sang about global warming or drone bombs real didactically instead
>>
>>64633073
that track is absolute fire
>>
both are bad
>>
>>64633432
>using the word 'fire'
>>
>>64633177
>and the strings are more alluring than the generic droning
You do realize the strings don't drone at all in Daydreaming right?
>>
>>64633446
both are pretty good actually
>>
Anyone have a Daydreaming mega?
>>
>>64633470
>not using the word fire

piss off, nerd
>>
I don't think the song is that great either, but I think Pitchfork doesn't know how to judge anything unless it has a lot of lyrics in it. They just can't seem to really get into droning, ethereal songs. They're more or less a pop publication now and need beats and quick gratification.
>>
>>64634854
jesus christ look for like 1 minute before asking faggot
>>
>>64633030
this
>>
>>64633218

Not him but good, dense layering in a track gets my dick wet. That also said I also like dreamy, languid music as well so Radiohead's 2 for 2 with me so far. I'd say I prefer Burn The Witch, though.
>>
>>64632682
Why do you care?
>>
>>64632682
Why would you trust a trust a music publication that is only "accredited" by people that can't form their own opinions about something regarded as subjective?
>>
I told you, but you wouldn't listen.
Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.