[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What are the saddest Radiohead songs ever? >inb4 How to Disappear
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 85
Thread images: 7
File: 720x405-GettyImages-499983622.jpg (25 KB, 720x405) Image search: [Google]
720x405-GettyImages-499983622.jpg
25 KB, 720x405
What are the saddest Radiohead songs ever?

>inb4 How to Disappear Completely
>>
File: thm (159).jpg (78 KB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
thm (159).jpg
78 KB, 500x500
Nude
>>
Street Spirit
>>
Video Tape
>>
(Nice Dream)
>>
Gagging Order or A Reminder.
>>
I
WILL
SEE
YOU
ON
THE
NEXT
LIIIIIFEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
>>
The only sad thing is that people think Radiohead are good
>>
>>64628620
I don't have any opinions on how objectively good they are, I just fucking enjoy their music.
>>
>>64628620
>>
Anything after IR
>>
>>64628457
Weird Fishes / Arpeggi
>>
Treefingers my man
>>
>>64628633
>I don't have any opinions on how eating shit is bad for you, I just fucking enjoy eating it
>>
>>64628457
Was that show il was amazing
You mad ?
>>
File: 1385307850862.jpg (106 KB, 795x600) Image search: [Google]
1385307850862.jpg
106 KB, 795x600
>>64628556
this, Last Flowers to the Hospital, How to Disappear Completely, High and Dry, (nice dream), Bullet Proof, I wish I was, Fake Plastic Trees
>>
I only listen to Kid A and a handful of other songs
>>
>>64628594
best song
>>
>>64628751
ou fuck last flowers too
https://youtu.be/EbNDfIUoJ0U
>>
>>64628700
Terrible comparison. It's biologically ingrained in us to dislike faeces, because they will make us sick. Radiohead has no such negative side effects, aside from irritation if you dislike them.
>>
>>64628826
>Arguing with retarded trolls

You would not last one minute in the scorch
>>
>>64628826
kek fucking gotem
>>
File: autism speaks.png (3 KB, 284x115) Image search: [Google]
autism speaks.png
3 KB, 284x115
>>64628700
>>
Fake Plastic Trees

Also How to Disappear Completely, because it's their saddest song
>>
>thats not me

pretty much the saddest
>>
ONE DAY I AM GONNA GROW WINGS
>>
>>64628826
Stupid arguments are my fetish and what do you mean by the scorch?
>>
Daydreaming
>>
>>64629238
This.

It's mortifying.

The others seem more "fighting against the dying of the light", daydreaming is acceptance.
>>
>>64629302
Holy shit though. And that video was perfect.
>>
No surprises
>>
tear in my beer
>>
>>64628751
>>64628817
>last flowers
Honestly it's just the title that's feelsy. The actual song is more hopeful and uplifting.
>>
File: IMG_2917.jpg (65 KB, 426x307) Image search: [Google]
IMG_2917.jpg
65 KB, 426x307
>ctrl+f
>"scatterbrain"
>no results
>>
>>64628523
yeah this is my vote; it's my absolute favourite and it gets me every single time even though i've listened to it 500+ times now.
>>
>>64629238
>>64629302
This - Daydreaming is straight defeatist.
>>
I'm not living
I'm just killing time
>>
File: 1459862320698.jpg (89 KB, 640x480) Image search: [Google]
1459862320698.jpg
89 KB, 640x480
>>64631298
>This - Daydreaming is straight defeatist.
That's the worst part.

I've felt lost these last few months. The whole world seems to be doomed to me. This song has just made that feel worse.
>>
>>64629017
>>
motion picture soundtrack. this is not up for debate this is fact
>>
>>64628457
Last Flowers
>>
>>64631757
Not even the saddest song on Kid A.
>>
>>64629017
>ONE DAY I AM GONNA GROW WINGS

Maybe he's finally growing wings in Daydream.

Maybe he's finally reached the end.

Maybe he's physically reaching the end??? (sick?)

>All these celebs dying recently

Please not another.
>>
Beautiful angel
Pulled apart at birth
Limbless and helpless
I can't even recogniiiiiiiiiiiiise you
>>
>>64628457
What about the happiest Radiohead songs?

I vote Separator.
>>
>>64631838
Separator, Supercollider and Reckoner.
>>
>>64631788
To be fair, Thom dying now would do well for his legacy.
>>
>>64631838
Definitely Separator.

That was magic.

>If you think this is over then you're wrong

I'm not quite sure what he means, but I though he meant how we're all just part of the mix universe/everything wise and how death does not bring us an "end" as some of us hope.
>>
>>64631838
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QFLe35sReWA
>anything but happy song
It's like you don't even know their entire back catalog inside out.
>>
>>64631889
>To be fair, Thom dying now would do well for his legacy.
It would be fitting.

But no, I do not want the most important musician to my life to die when he can still say something.

No one would want this.
>>
>>64631901
>I'm not quite sure what he means, but I though he meant how we're all just part of the mix universe/everything wise and how death does not bring us an "end" as some of us hope.
Good, because literally every other tin foil hat out there thought he was saying that there was another, better album coming to deal with their disappointment.
>>
>>64628457
Exit music
>>
>>64629017
let down makes me happy not sad
>>
>>64631993
Musically uplifting but those lyrics are sad
>>
>>64631993
how
>>
File: thom yorke.png (196 KB, 549x547) Image search: [Google]
thom yorke.png
196 KB, 549x547
>>64631885
>Reckoner
>happy
>>
>>64631838
AN AIRBAG SAVED MY LIFE
>>
>>64631947
>Good, because literally every other tin foil hat out there thought he was saying that there was another, better album coming to deal with their disappointment.
But there is.

LP9 is there.

But I don't think the song was about that. It was the heaviest thing I heard in a long time.

It made everything in this world seem utterly silly, horrifying and yet beautiful.
>>
JUUUST CUUUZ YOUUU FEEEEL IIIIT
DOESN'T MEEEAN IT'S THEEERE

SAMAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH
>>
>>64631993
>let down makes me happy not sad
Only bit of happiness I got from it was the fact that I was not alone in this pattern of thinking.

I connected with those lyrics hard. I felt that very same way. That very same hopelessness.
>>
>>64632007
>>64632011
>>64632052

>Musically uplifting but those lyrics are sad

right, the beauty and warming nature of the music contrasts the despondence and disillusionment of the lyrics to the extent that maybe the notion that "One day I am going to grow wings" isn't as "hysterical and useless" as he initially purports it to be.

I think there's hope in Let Down, whereas the grimness of a song like Last Flowers (written during the same sessions supposedly) is insurmountable
>>
Myxomatosis
>>
it's gotta be street spirit
>"It's core is a complete mystery to me. I wouldn't ever try to write something that hopeless. All of our saddest songs have somewhere in them at least a glimmer of resolve - 'Street Spirit' has no resolve. It is the dark tunnel without the light at the end.
>"I detach my emotional radar from that song, or I couldn't play it. I'd crack. I'd break down on stage. That's why its lyrics are just a bunch of mini-stories or visual images as opposed to a cohesive explanation of its meaning. I used images set to the music that I thought would convey the emotional entirety of the lyric and music working together. That's what's meant by 'all these things are one to swallow whole'. I meant the emotional entirety, because I didn't have it in me to articulate the emotion. I'd crack.
>"Our fans are braver than I to let that song penetrate them, or maybe they don't realize what they're listening to. They don't realize that 'Street Spirit' is about staring the f--king devil right in the eyes... and knowing, no matter what the hell you do, he'll get the last laugh.
>"The devil really will get the last laugh in all cases without exception, and if I let myself think about that to long, I'd crack.
>"It's why we play it towards the end of our sets. It drains me, and it shakes me, and hurts like hell everytime I play it, looking out at thousands of people cheering and smiling, oblivious to the tragedy of it's meaning, like when you're going to have your dog put down and it's wagging it's tail on the way there. That's what they all look like, and it breaks my heart."
>"I wish that song hadn't picked us as its catalysts, and so I don't claim it. It asks too much... I didn't write that song."
>>
>>64632264
Yeah, the majority of OK Computer isn't music about dying or the conclusion of being meaningless, but about disillusionment and the active difficulty of finding meaning (reflected heavily through technological skepticism and middle class depression)
>>
>>64632386
Am I the only one not liking the majority of OK computer song ?
>>
>>64632026
LP9 is further away from the King of Limbs than In Rainbows is. In that case, Limbs is just the second part of Rainbows.
>>
>>64632425
You're a small, small minority yes
>>
>>64632264
>I think there's hope in Let Down
Are you kidding?

It's almost cry for help when you realise your never gonna be satisfied in life and you'll be perpetually miserable.

Fucking depression mate.
>>
no surprises

slightly biased because it's one of my favorites but it hits me so hard sometimes

>i'll take a quiet life
>no alarms and no surprises
>(let me out of here)
;_;
>>
How the fuck does no one say Codex.
>>
>>64632479
as the above comment says, Thom mentioned that beyond Street Spirit "All of our saddest songs have somewhere in them at least a glimmer of resolve". This mightn't be true on the surface for Let Down but there's something in the song that makes it consoling for me... and as irrational as it may be I'm glad for it, OK Computer was so important to me as a teenager
>>
>>64632637
Because it's just a song about Thom taking a bath.
>>
Let down or Kid A.
>>
lol wtf people listen to lyrics in pop/rock/electronic music? this isn't rap guys
>>
>>64632642
>OK Computer was so important to me as a teenager
It's important to me period.

When I found it the first time my world changed.

I haven't found anything that has done close since.
>>
true love waits
gagging order
videotape always gets me down even when im happy
motion picture soundtrack
codex
a reminder
no surprises
lifts pretty sad
>>
Lyrically: A tie between Let Down and Street Spirit
Musically: Morning Bell
>>
Fake Plastic Trees and No Surprises are pretty much based on the average life of an adult person. That includes you.
>>
>>64632927
>true love waits
Dude, it's a happy song.
>>
>>64632834
same here man... was 12 years old when i first heard it so obviously i wasn't digesting all of the themes, just enjoying the melodies, so as i got older there was increasing more to discover and interpret about it, often reflecting my own gloom so strongly
>>
>>64631838
Planet Telex
>>
>>64628457
True love waits from that live album

https://youtu.be/v0cC-7J_wi8
>>
REEEEEED WINE

AND SLEEEEPING PILLS
>>
>>64628667
That's not sad
>>
>>64628457

Bulletproof
Thread replies: 85
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.