[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
why do people make worse art once they've earned some money?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 2
File: file.png (40 KB, 450x180) Image search: [Google]
file.png
40 KB, 450x180
why do people make worse art once they've earned some money?
>>
>>64628369

its called not being that talented.
>>
Cause they don't need to make any more appealing covers to get people's attention, they're already well known so it become a cash grab only for the fans.
>>
>>64628369
Colour is definitely better than Overgrown
>>
>>64628430
excuse me!! James Blake has a degree in Popular Music from Goldsmiths, University of London!
>>
>>64628369
shit.. thanks for your objective opinion m8 better change my scores
>>
>>64628369
how did he go from cmyk and I never learnt to share
to the shit on the last two albums
>>
james blake is so fucking dull it hurts
>>
>>64628484

Retrograde is GOAT though.
>>
File: file.png (110 KB, 300x300) Image search: [Google]
file.png
110 KB, 300x300
hey you want some good whiteboy R&B you come see me
>>
>>64628484
The new album definitely felt like a turnaround back towards the delicate/raw vibe of the s/t to me.
>>
>>64628557
on a few tracks I'd agree. There's no coherent sense of that shift tough, or really a coherent point to the album
>>
>>64628369
Art is pain and money is pain relief
>>
Except the new album is by far his most full sounding project with some pretty superb compositions.

I hate when something legitimately good comes out and the internet's first reaction is to just trash the shit out of it.
>>
>>64630838
I hate when something bad comes out and still fanboys are full of opinions tbqh imo
Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.