[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
His best?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 74
Thread images: 7
File: image.jpg (28 KB, 220x220) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
28 KB, 220x220
Love the super full and rich sound that's on a lot of these tracks.

Noise Above Our Heads is the best on the album btw
>>
>public school bedwetter-step
>>
>best
Love Me in Whatever Way
Timeless
Put That Away and Talk to Me
My Willing Heart
I Need a Forest Fire
Two Men Down
Always
Meet You in the Maze

Rest of the album is great too though
>>
He says a lot of things about Frank Ocean inspiring his music, but I don't hear the vibes or the energy at all
>>
>>64628380
I think he meant more of the process, but apparently he co-wrote Two Men Down so
>>
Can someone explain James Blake to me? What's the appeal exactly?

This album is incredibly boring and uninteresting. I get it, he has a nice voice, I guess, but every single song is just "WhyYyYyYyyyyy must I cryYyYyYyYyY for youuuuuuuuuooououuuuu" kinda shit set over something you'd expect to hear in the lobby of a video game.
>>
i need a forest fire is my favourite even though it's more justin than james
>>
>>64629194
The complex harmonies, The raw and exposed production that glorifies all imperfections in his samples/ voice.
>>
>>64629265
So the appeal is that it isn't perfect and could be better?
>>
>>64629321
Just listen to his self titled if you havent already. This album is alright, but his self titled is a modern classic for a fucking reason.
>>
Someone help me out with a link?
>>
>>64629426

His s/t was actually pretty boring in my opinion and turned me off of him. This album, despite some meandering, is much better. His voice now compliments the unique sound design and synths that power the instrumental.
>>
Whoa his shit is good, thank /Mu/
>>
his debut was his best, retrograde the worst This is in the middle.
>>
>>64629426
S/t is so fucking garbage. Shut the fuck up.
>>
>>64630411
this opinion is probably the most wrong you can be.
>>
>>64630450
kek too many retards in this thread
>>
File: 1457050136927.jpg (9 KB, 284x284) Image search: [Google]
1457050136927.jpg
9 KB, 284x284
>>64630487
>valid opinion about shit album
>R-retard!

Embarrassing. If you can't see how this is just ear candy-level whiny pop, you're either autistic or deaf.
>>
James Blake makes god tier sex music. I swear my girl gets extra soaked when she hears his voice. Put it on next time you're bangin lads
>>
I loved s/t but this is so fucking long and scatterbrained. I think it'll be a grower but it doesn't come close to touching that record. At least it seems better than overgrown.
>>
>>64630583
Alright, man. No reason to be proud of not enjoying something. You're just missing out. I pity you.
>>
>>64630703
k my dude.

Keep having shit taste.
>>
File: tumblr_nkoe1aSxT61tezt7xo1_500.jpg (36 KB, 500x216) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_nkoe1aSxT61tezt7xo1_500.jpg
36 KB, 500x216
>>64630583
>album is garbage because i said so
>valid opinion
>>
WHERE IS THE LINK HELP ME PLEASE
>>
>>64630671
>Put it on next time you're bangin lads
i will but not if i ever bang a wchick
>>
>>64630795
try rutracker, kickass or the archive you retarded newfag
>>
>>64627857
[in whiny ass james blake voice] buhhhhh i’m sooo hauntedddd it’s sooo haaaard to be a riiiiiich muusic guyy….faaame is a ghoooost
>>
>>64630810
Oops, probably should've added a comma there. It should work if you're bangin lads too though.
>>
Enjoying it. Not sure where it ranks among his other releases yet. I'll definitely need a few days to get comfy with it.
Standout tracks so far -
Radio Silence, Timeless, I Hope My Life, My Willing Heart, Noise Above Our Heads, Always
>>
>>64630879
I feel weird busting to the sound of a male singing voice. My ex loved to fuck to Bon Iver and I always felt super fucking awkward.
>>
>>64630936
how insecure can you be
>>
>>64630583
post literally any other album that sounds even remotely similar to s/t
should be easy if it's just whiny ear candy pop
>>
>>64631166
It just feels lame lol.
>>
>>64631245
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UYIAfiVGluk
:^)
>>
>>64631296
I don't really actively listen to it to it doesn't really bother me. It's more just in the background and it adds a good mood
>>
>>64630436
that classic james blake album, retrograde
>>
awful record but it sounds like your normies like it so i can see why he's continuing to make this weepy shit.
>>
is it any better than his other albums, which sucked?
>>
Yeah I change my mind on the best song. Forest Fire is heavenly.
>>
>>64631962
well if you don't like james blake then you won't like this album because it is indeed james blake
>>
How shallow must your appreciation of music be to listen to James Blake and only hear "weepy shit"?
>>
>>64629194
His musicianship is impressive, like soemone said he's really good at creating interesting harmonies -- he's a chord pro.

He has history as a beat-maker, so some people label his music post-dubstep because of his use of subbass and half time songs is definitely influenced by his time spent experimenting with dubstep.

He has a incredibly melancholy vibe that a lot of people(especially on /mu/) can relate to. If you like Kid A, depeche mode, pet shop boys, etc you will definitely like james blake.

In the end, I'm a sucker for interesting timbres, subtle but heavy hitting basslines, and soulful harmonies.

At the end of the day, no one really sounds like blake in the mainstream
>>
>>64631990
People with no understanding of how music actually works so they only hear lyrics. They would benefit from a music appreciation class in college
>>
>>64627857
Fucking hell. It has no right to be this good. Really. Shit's got me in tears. I need to see him live after this and I never give a fuck about concerts.
>>
All I want to know is when we are going to get a James Blake / Bon Iver LP
>>
Didn't you people say there was a 20 minute song on this album? Where the fuck is it?
>>
>>64632290
Releasing with the Vinyl
>>
Who's in colour is better Jamie or James?
>>
>>64629194
It's like ambient rnb with cool synths/production.
>>
>>64627857
aotysf, it's crazy good. fave so far is points but i've only listened to the album twice
>>
>>64632772
Jame's is way better. In color had literally one good song on it, and it was a p4k meme song
>>
>>64632772
jamie's album is mediocre desu, i don't know why it got so big. has like two good songs on it.
>>
its very good

james blake is incapable of making bad music he knows himself too well for that

on a note though, the new album is a bit long its got nearly twice as many tracks as the other 2

also hes moving further and further away from the post dub sound and more towards singer songwriter

its cool tho i miss the super bassy mind fuck glitch aspect of him tho

like theres no track like i, mind for instance an example of what im kinda referncing
>>
"Meet you in the maze," last song, sums up why I love Blake. It's just his voice with some kind of pitch-shifting vocoder harmonized with a chorus of his own voices, but it sounds like I'm listening to a piano piece. His musicianship really shows here, the subtleties, sophistication and intricacies of what makes good music isn't lost on him, even when he's just using an effect on his voice. I don't even care what he's saying because it's so musical.

Maybe this only appeals to me because I'm into classical music o and experimental electronic music.
>>
>>64627857
I'm looking forward to listening to it but I really don't like the cover. It's cool he got Quentin Blake to do it but it looks like a Travis album or something
>>
>>64632645
source?
>>
File: nd.jpg (10 KB, 300x168) Image search: [Google]
nd.jpg
10 KB, 300x168
Needle drop rating predictions?
>>
Which Dahl book should I read to this?
>>
>>64633196
strong 8, light 9
>>
>>64633196
The album's a 9, but he's going to give it a 6.

"too much filler on this thing" will be said at least 3 times.
>>
>WOOOOOOH

>nice
>>
Put That Away and Talk to Me is the best song he's ever done.
>>
who has the discography download tho
>>
two of the downloads I found are linked to someones google account. won't let me upload to my own cloud.

anyone find a non DRM copy?
>>
>>64633196
Decent To Strong 8 from Fantano
8.7 Pitchfork
>>
>>64633575
it's on rutracker in 320
>>
thank god, its good
>>
File: 1379893055027.jpg (88 KB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
1379893055027.jpg
88 KB, 500x500
That feel when you've listened to so much Blake you notice the sample used in Love Me Whatever Way at 1:09 is the same one used over and over in "200 pressure"

Also does the hook(0:38) in "My Willing Heart" remind them of another song? I can't quite put my finger on it... Maybe a john legend song?

To the guy who said Jame's makes good sex music, "my willing heart" is a fucking slow jam! Bitches will love this one.
>>
>tfw all my favorite james blake songs has bon iver on them

fuck i love you justin vernon
>>
File: Capture.png (9 KB, 1118x57) Image search: [Google]
Capture.png
9 KB, 1118x57
>>64633618
that was one of the copys I had a problem with. trying the Flac now
>>
>>64633733
i meant to picture the torrent for the 320, but whatever, the flac files worked.
>>
>>64629321
Do you listen to sine waves or some thing??
>>
>>64633733
weird, it worked fine on my laptop and phone.
>>
Can someone post the james blake meme where hes after listening to the st he goes to the barbers and gets a haircut and says 10/10 best new haircut

This is important you guys please i love
Thread replies: 74
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.