[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Can we agree that this is still the best popular indie rock release
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 1
File: Deerhunter-Halcyon-Digest.jpg (91 KB, 608x600) Image search: [Google]
Deerhunter-Halcyon-Digest.jpg
91 KB, 608x600
Can we agree that this is still the best popular indie rock release of this decade? Still hasn't gotten old after 5 years. Probably better than Lonerism and all other p4k shit.
>>
You act like Deerhunter isn't P4K shit.
>>
>>64624381
I said "popular" so no.
>>
>>64624374
Easily
>>
>>64624374
I miss 2006
>>
definitely agree. strong songwriting, killer style, and beautifully arranged
>>
>>64624411
no one has ever heard of this album

i only discovered it by browsing RYM, and its only good song is Helicopter

Lonerism is miles better, with way more memorable songs that are listened to at a much higher rate.
>>
>>64624483
>no one has ever heard of this album
what? deerhunter are cery popular
>>
>>64624483

can't tell if bait...
>>
Not a bad choice but my pick is Bloom
>>
>>64624510
no they're not
ask any random person facebook if they've heard of them
you'll get a very slim percentage telling you that they do

>>64624537
>>
>>64624558
that is true about 95% of music that's discussed on this board.
>>
>>64624558
ill admit they are underrated but p4k putting this on #3 on their decade list so far and being highly rated on rym makes it a popular and acclaimed release
>>
King of the Beach is probably one of the best indie rock records of the last 10 years.

Just wish they'd go make something like it
>>
>>64624583
>its high on rym
>that means that it's popular with the average person, who's prob listening to taylor swift or katy perry

????
wut

>>64624576
yeah
compare tame impala's facebook likes to deerhunter's
check out those last.fm streams and compare the two bands
>>
>>64624610
>>
>>64624624
man i don't even know what you're talking about. op is saying the album is good not that more people have listened to it than any other album
since when have facebook likes become a measure of quality
>>
>>64624661
we're not discussing quality

OP said this
>Can we agree that this is still the best popular indie rock release of this decade

keyword: popular

deerhunter is extremely obscure to the band he's comparing the group to, which is Tame Impala
>>
Tame Impala is more popular than Deerhunter, is more poppy and mainstream. Elephant has been used in commericials, remixed with Kanye songs (Elephant/Black Skinhead). Rihanna has a 1:1 cover on New Person/Same Old Mistakes on her album. I think Kendrick Lamar was even on an official remix of Feels Like I'm Going Backwards a few years ago for some shitty soundtrack, and I think Tame Impala has been name dropped by a few rappers.

Even though I think Halcyon Digest is still the best indie rock/pop album of this decade and one of the best rock albums of this decade period, Deerhunter is not popular and that': because they don't really fit the image of a sellable band and is pretty lowkey. You don't even hear much about these guys until they drop an album.

Shit when they Halcyon and in that same year Arcade Fire dropped the suburbs that was it for indie in my eyes. Even though I can't listen to The Suburbs full way through and feel like Halcyon shits all over it. Indie has been the same boring shit for about 5 years or some ultra hipstery trash that pitchfork for some reason gives high scores too.

Shit most of the popular indie bands of the 00s have fallen off and released shit albums. Yeah Yeah Yeahs, The Strokes (needs to give up they're not into it anymore), Bloc Party(same shit just give up like you were going to the only reason they're still around is because Kele couldn't get a solo career off the ground), TV On the Radio's last 2 albums have been ok at best. Shit even Deerhunter has been going downhill after Halcyon.
>>
ONLYYYYYYY BORED AS I GET OLDEEEERRRRR

FIND NEW WAYS TO SPEND MY TIME
>>
>>64624683
I thought by popular indie rock he meant we're not talking about some obscure album only 100 people know about. not the most popular album. and anyway you're way overestimating tame impala's popularity and deerhunter's obscurity
>>
>>64624752
heuaheuaheuaeuha

1 million likes vs 100,000
OP was wrong hahahahah
what a retard
>>
>>64624698
i agree with all of this, but yeah "popular" on /mu/ most of the means that it's on p4k and it's probably hip to like
>>
>>64624752
that is what i'm referring to but the autists are sperging. they are right tho.
>>
I honestly dont fucking understand how people consider this to be the definitive Deerhunter album. There are some good songs on it, but everything sounds so fucking bland. I love Deerhunter, saw them live two months ago, and i was surprised they still play as much off this as Fading Frontiers.

Least interesting album they made, by far.
Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.