[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Whats the best prince album and why is it Sign 'O'
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 1
File: Prince - Sign the Times - Front.jpg (173 KB, 953x953) Image search: [Google]
Prince - Sign the Times - Front.jpg
173 KB, 953x953
Whats the best prince album and why is it Sign 'O' The Times?
>>
It's Around The World In A Day, But Sign 'O' The Times is also a great album.
>>
youre right it is sign o the times and thats because its flawless
>>
This was my fav when I was 17. Now (25) I'm much more into Lovesexy and Diamonds and Pearls. Still a killer album though. So many good moments.
>>
>>64618314
That's a weird way of spelling Parade OP, but I agree. Parade is his best album.
>>
I don't get Purple Rain but Sign O' the Times really clicks with met. The funk is a good thing.
>>
>>64619226
I love Sign O' the Times, but I wish he did more albums in the Purple Rain style. I guess 1999 is kinda similar but still.. Purple Rain my favourite album pleb or not.
>>
can anyone recommend me prince songs that sound like Adore and Slow Love?

That d'angelo type prince shit is my fav aspect of prince.
>>
>>64619343
Sometimes It Snows In April
>>
>>64619343

Rainbow Children has some serious moments like Muse 2 The Pharaoh. The whole album is pretty steeped in Jehovah's Witness theology, but the tunes are all fantastic. Man'o'war (Rave Un2 The Joy Fantastic) and Call My Name (Musicology) are both killer slow tracks too.
>>
>>64619343
Paisley Park
Under The Cherry Moon
>>
I'm genuinely apprehensive to check-out any albums beyond Diamonds and Pearls. Is there anything beyond that point that's at the same level as his 80's output, or is it not worth it?
>>
>>64619601
Love Symbol, The Gold Experience, and Rainbow Children are all superlative. Would recommend.
>>
>>64618314
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7TrovtcNhpQ
>>
>>64619639
Thanks, I'll give them a try. Are they all different genres?
>>
>>64619756
Love Symbol and Gold Experience are pretty typical Prince with a dash of hip hop. Rainbow Children is straight up funk/r&b.
>>
Darling Nikki is his best song
>>
>>64619921
wrong
>>
>>64620000
huh, I've never heard that one.
>>
bpmu
Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.