[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Unreleased/Lost music
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 4
File: smile.png (600 KB, 600x600) Image search: [Google]
smile.png
600 KB, 600x600
What's your favorite unreleased material from an artist, and do you think it should be issued?
>>
The SMiLE Sessions has always, and I mean ALWAYS, been my favorite lost album. I remember when it was first cancelled and we got Smiley Smile instead. Wow! What a disappointment! But when Brian Wilson released his Smile in 2004, it satisfied the itch I'd had for so many years. And when The SMiLE Sessions were released in 2011? Ha! I was jumping for joy. My son is a big Beach Boys fan as well. So he was happy too.

Hope I'm not causing too much trouble here--just an old as balls patrician.
>>
>>64617227
Cool to hear that. Someone else's son once mistook a picture of me for Brian Wilson because of the hairstyle.
>>
>>64616505
outtakes from Pinkerton
>>
File: legit tape i have on my desk rn.jpg (108 KB, 500x455) Image search: [Google]
legit tape i have on my desk rn.jpg
108 KB, 500x455
>>
>>64617558
i've listened to it. it sounds like a shitty slint ripoff mixed with something that would later be on F#A#
>>
>>64617603
y-yeah... like i wouldn't know... i mean i can play it anytime hahahha
>>
I'm sure Boards of Canada has loads and loads of unreleased stuff and I want it.
>>
File: 1460570393586.jpg (24 KB, 346x250) Image search: [Google]
1460570393586.jpg
24 KB, 346x250
>>64617558
Remember when that guy on reddit had it then some guy from /mu/ threatened him and his family so he only uploaded like one song then left.

Good shit.
>>
File: zeppelin-hits.png (738 KB, 958x959) Image search: [Google]
zeppelin-hits.png
738 KB, 958x959
This is one of the lesser known examples of unreleased albums, but after Led Zeppelin IV, Atlantic Records compiled a greatest hits LP exclusively for the North American market that was to include the first album appearances of "Hey Hey What Can I Do", the single version of "Whole Lotta Love", and (presumably to extend the runtime) the IV outtake "Night Flight" (which of course ended up on Physical Graffiti). All the packaging had been designed and some copies were pressed without the band's knowledge, and when they found out they demanded the record be cancelled, which it was just weeks before it was to appear in stores. Print ads were recalled before they could reach the public and the whole thing was forgotten about pretty quickly, but now and then you get some people online who claim they have a copy. Most of the cover art variants, like pic related, have been proven fake.
>>
>>64617672
/mu/ - death threats
>>
The Who-Life House
Prince-The Black Album
The Beatles-Get Back
>>
The Sex Pistols-We Are The Future
Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.