[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
For all you piano players, what was the hardest thing about learning?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 3
For all you piano players, what was the hardest thing about learning?

I'm going to try and learn soon. Is it possible to learn entirely by muscle memory? I can't read notes in the slightest, and I was the kid who faked his way through two years of playing the xylophone.
>>
If you learn to read music you will learn 10 times faster. Just find music reading games to make it more fun to learn to read.
>>
>>64612109
this, i found some shitty music class for 3rd graders kinda shit and it helped a ton
>>
How much do you know about music fundamentals already?
>>64612473
>typing "anonymous" into the name entry
>>
File: wait.png (84 KB, 299x288) Image search: [Google]
wait.png
84 KB, 299x288
>>64611828
>mozart
>dead
>>
>>64611828
>I can't read notes in the slightest,

don't worry, you can get that down in a few days. just sit down and actually put some effort into it.
>>
File: Memezart.jpg (75 KB, 720x720) Image search: [Google]
Memezart.jpg
75 KB, 720x720
>>64611828
>>64612956
>>
>>64611828
>learning piano
>hard

kek
>>
Not being a lazy ass and actually getting up to practice.
>>
Hardest part is to begin with something completely new, and get disheartened because you just don't seem to be able to get it in your fingers. Or those small parts, sometimes even half of a measure that you just won't fucking get
>>
>>64613183
Also this.
I read a study that says you need to spend 4 minutes doing something to commit and be able to get through with the task. Noticed it actually works like this. As soon as you get going
Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.