[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Anyone else found this kinda underwhelming?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 39
Thread images: 1
File: image.jpg (112 KB, 699x420) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
112 KB, 699x420
Anyone else found this kinda underwhelming?
>>
>>64611300
a little
also checked
>>
no, i found it very underwhelming
>>
>>64611300
Kinda, the strings are cool but its not blown me away. The Video is cooler than the song.
>>
Middling as all fuck like everything post-Hail. The less Greenwood is active on an album, the worse it usually tends to be.
>>
no it's fucking great. can't wait for the rest of the album.
>>
no, i found it very underwhelming
>>
>>64611520

This post makes no sense at all

Who do you think made this string arrangement
>>
Anyone know when LP9 drops, realistically speaking?
>>
pro-refugee propaganda.

Why are all the cool musicians coming out as liberal weirdos
>>
>>64611520
it's literally a jonny greenwood track idiet
>>
>>64611589

I don't think anyone's gonna drop it they've been really careful and have extra grip gloves on in the studio
>>
>>64611589
hard to say at this point but some think tomorrow since in rainbows and tkol were both released on a friday.
>>
Its a great song, but yes, after a 5 year wait I was expecting something a little more impressive
>>
>>64611612
Haha I guess you could apply this interpretation to it if you tried, but I think the song is more generally about people reacting violently to things/people they don't understand, not necessarily a specific instance.
>>
>>64611612
Song can literally mean anything. I read an article that interpreted the song as being about sjws persecuting people on social media.

The song was written in 2005 so it probably is completely unrelated to either. Its just a song about hysteria
>>
>>64611300
No.

It kinda complements Weird Fishes the same way Codex complemented Pyramid Song, and I love Weird Fishes.
>>
I wish Thom's vocals didn't blend together so quietly in the chorus.
>boooooooouuurhhh th-wiiiiiishh
Glad they finally finished this song, though.
Another mystery solved.
>>
Nah. Was a great track when I first heard it. Even better hearing it the day after.
>>
Yeah, I've already seen The Wicker Man.

The video needed more bees
>>
>>64611589
Some people believe the release date to be tomorrow but nothing has actually been outright confirmed and beyond that I would say it's likely to drop within the following month or so, hopefully sooner than later.
>>
>>64611612
How is the Wicker Man pro-refugee?

The man who burns in the video seems to be some kind of bureaucrat, and based on every song he's ever written, I don't think Yorke thinks very highly of bureaucrats.

It wouldn't surprise me if the villagers were meant to be the sympathetic ones.
>>
>>64611300
At first, yeah.

Then I listened to it on headphones and loved it.
>>
I've probably heard it about 15 times today. Its not blown me away, but I'm happy with it. Not underwhelmed but pleasantly optimistic.
>>
>>64611300
It was almost exactly what I was expecting, so yes.
>>
I want more bleeps desu
>>
The mastering/mixing is trash

Song is ok
>>
>>64611473
fucking this
>>
>>64613530
that's the best part, it's like inside out music
>>
>>64612102
I had the same experience with TKOL, there's a lot going on you just have to listen closely
>>
I USED TO RULE THE WORLD
>>
Radiohead is my favourite band but they always underwhelm me on first listen. I also find it hard to listen to their songs outside of their albums.
>>
>>64611643
Friday is the prime day to release music now so it most definitely will
>>
>>64611300
Radiohead would do well with a bit of understating, considering that they're often burdened with being a band that is expected to make extremely important records
>>
>>64611643
>>64614119
Don't you think after releasing the single they'll wait longer to build more hype?
>>
>>64614404
Wouldn't they want to release it while the hype is at its peak? It doesn't make much sense to grab people's attention by deleting everything, releasing a new track/video, and then go dark again for another month or so.
>>
>>64614512
Who's to say they wont wait more time and release another single like most bands do
>>
>>64611300
I never saw either versions of The Wicker Man
>>
>>64614539
Radiohead doesn't operate like most bands do when it comes to new releases.
Thread replies: 39
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.