[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What's with all the surprise albums/mixtapes this year?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1
File: jb.jpg (169 KB, 700x700) Image search: [Google]
jb.jpg
169 KB, 700x700
What's with all the surprise albums/mixtapes this year?

I swear there's a new one every Friday.
>>
because people are realizing announcing an album 3 months in advance is retarded in this day and age. we forget things after a week. Even the old fucks who say "new music coming soon" are borderline brain dead. This is the future we chose.
>>
The only way to get people buying your album is by controlling the hype and distribution of it.
>>
>>64611013
lowers chance of leaks
>>
>>64611050
I mean this is a lot better I think.
When they announce it 3 months in advance I'm just left anxious and disappointed.
>>
>>64611050
fucking James Murphy that fat tub of shit announces an album 6 months ago. I would love to throw him off a bridge
>>
Seems to be mostly hip hop/pop though Future, Young Thug, Kendrick, Rihanna, Beyonce, James Blake doing the surprise thing.
>>
>>64611050
how many times has this happened to you?

>band announces new album in 3 months. drops a new single
>listen to the single for 3 months in anticipation
>album finally comes and the single is the only good song
>>
>>64611229
Too many.
>>
>>64611070
what about smaller artists with no built in fanbases
>>
>>64611013
there's no point in trying to build hype for three months. sometimes the album leaks early and everything you've worked for is destroyed.

it just makes sense to announce an album and immediately make it available to everyone.

i prefer it.
>>
>>64611013
>What's with all the surprise albums/mixtapes this year?

New trend. Been happening for the past few years
>>
>>64611229
>>64611439
>band releases amazing album
>go on tour
>band releases second album
>it's shit

James Blake and Fang Island from the top of my head.
>>
now i just have to wait for earl sweatshirt to release something
Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.