[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
is vapourwave worth listening too? And I mean really worth it,as
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2
File: 1461460503103.jpg (508 KB, 925x925) Image search: [Google]
1461460503103.jpg
508 KB, 925x925
is vapourwave worth listening too?
And I mean really worth it,as in are there artists whose works compare to the best Classical,Jazz or Rock Musicians?
>>
the only reason to listen to vaporwave is if you like the sound of 70s/80s pop and R&B but you're too ignorant or lazy to just go back and listen to 70s/80s pop and R&B
or if you're a meme-loving bandwagon hopper i guess

basically what i'm saying is no, it isn't
>>
It's best looked at as chill music. If you think of it as anything else it's going to come short.

It's an interesting genre of electronic music either way and worth exploring for that alone, the genre has a shitload of different styles depending on artist. This means even if the genre is officially shit it can still produce some good stuff.

The problem is most of it low-effort trash. The meme status doesn't help. I say listen to some essential albums or RYM top list and see for yourself.
>>
>>64609721
I discovered City Pop through Vaporwave, which is now one of my favorite genres. In other word I think it is good for finding new music by the samples used.
>>
>>64609721
Hell no, its mostly white noise and low-fi music. It's alright for chilling and going in background while you code or do something.

Only ones who think it's more than that are hispsters who think pigeons gooking on their blacony is inspiring.
>>
so it's shit?
>>
>>64612726
Music made by lazy people, yes it's shit
>>
>>64609721
I put off listening to any vw for awhile bc of trendy fags but some of it is actually enjoyable.
>>
can people recommend some vaporwave to listen to that isnt 2814?
>>
>>64613228
Darude - Sandstorm
>>
File: 1437792007022.gif (3 MB, 255x255) Image search: [Google]
1437792007022.gif
3 MB, 255x255
>>64613228
>>64609721
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W_rC-495Z_A
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cU8HrO7XuiE
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RQxDM2K-hd0
here is the vapoourwave starter pack
Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.