[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Christ, this was an unpleasant listen. Dylan would be ashamed
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 3
File: anonhopeless.jpg (48 KB, 740x740) Image search: [Google]
anonhopeless.jpg
48 KB, 740x740
Christ, this was an unpleasant listen. Dylan would be ashamed that this can pass as a protest record nowadays.
>>
File: B7K5H4AIUAE96yA.jpg (78 KB, 600x590) Image search: [Google]
B7K5H4AIUAE96yA.jpg
78 KB, 600x590
>>64609708
>Bob Dylan
>valid opinion
>>
>>64609708
I stopped at the fourth track
>>
I love antony and the johnsons but I really don't like her voice over electronic production and I really don't like protest records, especially not protest records released under the current social climate
Still wondering whether I ought to listen to this
>>
>Dylan would be ashamed

He's still alive.
>>
As a Gay male, I dont support this pedophile. Shit music and shit looks. If you want to be a girl, atleast look like one
>>
is it good?
>>
I want to listen to this for the OPN, but if it's just a bunch of SJW horseshit then I think I'll pass.
>>
>>64609902
>pedophile

Story?
>>
>>64609995
he molested a 9 year old boy when he was 23.
>>
>>64609708
What's he protesting guys?
>>
>>64610020
>he molested a 9 year old boy when he was 23.
have you got anything to back that up?
>>
>>64609776
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kaTQ5JEOK1g
>>
>>64609862
Sounds like you've already decided you don't like it.

I think people use 60s protest music and the vivid subcultures surrounding it as a reference point which is why protest/political music in 2016 seems to come across as superficial or contrived. It's curious, because things are actually worse now than they were then and I don't think it'd take much for a decent musician to mine the current social climate for a few tracks.

That said, this could come across as just smug Hollywood white people feel-good activism causes like animal rights or climate change; they conveniently affect everyone while giving a rich white celebrities the chance to ride the philanthropy gravy-train when in reality they have no real social causes to engage with and should probably just shut their mouths about everything.

Drone Bomb Me was nice and I'm about to download the entire album now. I doubt it's as bad as everyone's saying.
>>
>>64610068
not really.
>>
>>64610044
lack of response to climate change (that his fat ass is causing), military attacks on terrorists, ehe number one political prisoner in this country being a TRANS woman who Obama has no intention of granting pardon

basically the same stupid shit as MIA but 10 years late and way more overproduced
>>
>>64610044
america, typical leftist nonsense, mad at the world cause he is mentally ill
>>
>>64610170
>things are actually worse now than they were then
i'm not sure someone who is gay or black would agree
>>
>>64610212
>gay or black
I'm actually both and I agree. Of course some things have progressed but I'd sit in that closet for another 10 years if it meant getting a mortgage as easily as my parents did.
>>
>>64610170
>I don't think it'd take much for a decent musician to mine the current social climate for a few tracks.
In this day and age, tying your art and personality to controversial, even if truthful, statements is career suicide.

Social and political dialogue has all but broken down by this point, and it's only going to get worse.
>>
File: LenaDunham.jpg (75 KB, 1014x566) Image search: [Google]
LenaDunham.jpg
75 KB, 1014x566
>>64610020
did he inject pebbles in his urethra?
>>
anybody got a download?
>>
still a 6/10 for me lyrics kill the vibe
>>
>>64609708
bob dylan blows
Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.