[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Red Hot Chili Peppers just released a new single today. What
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 123
Thread images: 4
File: dark necessities.png (1 MB, 730x733) Image search: [Google]
dark necessities.png
1 MB, 730x733
Red Hot Chili Peppers just released a new single today. What is everyone's thoughts?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qJ_Tw0w3lLA
>>
>>64602794
the sound is cool (new producer, Danger Mouse), but the thing is really bland and boring. It sounds like someone tried to make a song that sounds like it's off I'm with you.
>>
Pretty good nice bass line
>>
>>64602963
I feel like most of it has to do with Flea becoming a "real musician" after getting a degree at USC. Same thing happened to I'm With You.
>>
>>64602794
The sound is clean and pretty good, but it's way too overproduced, all those claps and shit get in the way of the instruments. The bass is nice and so are the vocals, but it falls really flat as the guitar is pretty bland along with the drums.

But it's to be expected as they haven't put out any "real" chili peppers stuff since Californication.
>>
Don't know, didn't listen to it. Don't really care for RHCP
>>
That RHCP song is garbage. It sounds like Coldplay with a sitar thrown in to make it artier. It's been sitting around since Californication and it wasn't good enough for that album, nor any of the albums they've made since, and it isn't good now. It's devoid of risk, sullenly egotistical and worst of all, boring. But because they deleted their internet presence before releasing it, because it's got a trite video just unsettling enough to bother nobody, because it's RHCP, it will be showered with praise and hype.
>>
File: image.jpg (32 KB, 320x216) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
32 KB, 320x216
>>
>>64602794

I like it

>>64603272

I think you're talking about Radiohead

>>64603157
>>64603293

SO CONTRARIAN
SO EDGY
SO COOL
XD
XDX
XDXDX
DXX

XD
>>
>>64603326
Why do you type like a retard?
>>
>>64603326
Thank you for being the only normal and reasonable person in this thread. Everybody else is retarded
>>
>>64603341
leave now and never come back
>>
>>64603372
No. How about you answer my question instead?
>>
>>64603293
Did he really say that?
>>
>>64603372
lol, as if you have the authority to tell anyone to leave
>>
I enjoyed listening but probably will not revisit this song.
>>
>>64603341
I'm mocking you

>>64603356
Don't know if you're being sarcastic but I think I'm reasonable

End of the day RHCP are a fantastic band. Also this song sounds good but I'll have to see whether it grows on me or not. But first impressions are good, I like dat bass line.
>>
I like the album cover.
>>
>>64602963
>bland and boring
>new producer, Danger Mouse
well that explains it all
>>
>>64602794
I like it, it's obviously different but the Chili peppers always evolve their sound on every album they produce. I'd rather they do something a bit "out there" and experiment than play it safe and try to emulate their previous success like they did on I'm With You.
>>
>>64602794
the bass line sounds almost exactly the same as can't stop
>>
I actually really enjoy it. It's a solid 8 imo
>>
it's not that good, I might listen to it once or twice again but it's just a void, sort of boring. not a massive chili peppers fan, mind, but this is lacking IMO.
>>
They've been shit since One Hot Minute. And this continues the trend. Shit.
>>
>>64603605
Really bad opinion desu.
>>
>>64602794
they changed the snare
why would they change the snare
>>
I love it. dat bassline
>>
Put that song on YouTube and say it's Radiohead then everybody you suck on it

I really like it, they're trying new things without losing their chili peppers touch
The album cover is cute/10
>>
>>64603699
fucking bullshit, radiohead literally just released a song and /mu/ hates it
>>
The production on this track fucking blows, fuck Danger Mouse.
>>
Not a bad song, but not what were used to or expect from RHCP. They haven't really been the same since Frusciante left, at least from what I'm used to...
>>
THEY'RE FUCKING BACK
>>
>>64602794

it doesnt sound bad but doesnt move me in any wya
>>
Tbh I'd like the RHCP better if it wasn't for Kiedis and his orgasm voice.

>"Californiaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaahahahahaaa~"

THAT's what ruins the RHCP for me.
>>
>>64602794
it's good, but it doesn't exactly get me #HYPE.

Like, when i heard Burn the Witch, i knew that LP9 was going to be guaranteed top 5 of the year, i'm not feeling anywhere near as interested in this album.

tbqh famalam Adventures of Rain Dance Maggie was a better lead-off single.
>>
>>64602794
damn,...
>>
It sounds pretty ok. I've never liked Kiedis though.
>>
>>64603077
>Doesn't think BTW is real Chili Peppers

Top kek m8
>>
>>64602794
Josh still sucks on guitar
>>
>>64603157
Then why did you post in the thread?
>>
It's way better than the lead single from the last album, that's for sure
>>
It's cool that they are trying to reinvent their sound again, but it wasn't anything special. I'm a huge fan of some of their stuff, but they should just hang it up. They don't sound good live any more and their music has been really hit or miss with josh. I like josh and his playing, and I like fleas new approach to songwriting, but I don't think the band is a good outlet for them.
>>
>>64604620
OP asked everyone's thoughts.
>>
>>64603605
LOL wrong answer. By the Way.
>>
>>64603789
this
>>
>>64603518
Best post ITT, agree completely
>>
>>64603699
>they're trying new things
What exactly? Sounds like every other RHCP song.
>>
>>64603789
Still better than Rubin though, so it's not all bad
>>
>>64603968
Are you just the master of terrible opinions? Burn the Witch and Rain Dance Maggie were both real shit
>>
>>64603789
I disagree..

it somehow manages to sound cleaner than their last record yet more raw sounding at the same time. And it's not brickwalled to shit, the drums sound great, I was actually really surprised by this.
>>
>>64605081
Well it's not called California for one
>>
Jeez this is some formulaic middle of the road shiteness. These guys must hate themselves these days
>>
It's no 'One Hot Minute', but what is?
>>
No John=no RHCP. Sorry.
>>
The thing that's always made me like their music is that it's always so catchy and funky. This song was bit of an disappointment, because these elements weren't there, the song overall was a bit flat. Something important is missing from this piece - The fact that Frusciante left the band might have an effect on this but I won't be a bitch about it. He left and probably for a good reason.
>>
>>64605487
It's not exactly news, he left almost 10 fucking years ago m80
>>
Josh is such a mediocre guitar player. Flea will carry this album just like the last one.
>>
Disappointing to be quiet honest. Was expecting something more energetic. The bass line is great and the production finally sounds different. But Josh didn't add anything to it. Nothing. It's as if they continued as a band as only a trio.
>>
>>64605623
I know, imo they haven't had the touch they once had since Frusciante left.
>>
>>64602794
i fucking hate people who only talk about frusciante
>>
Sounds like any other radio indie trash desu
>>
>>64602963
I thought the production was really weak, thin and distant sounding bass and vocals washed obscured by reverb.
>>
>>64605693
That was one of my main issues with the last album, if felt as if there was no guitar in it at all. The bass lead 90% of the songs.
>>
John carried these guys. Without him, they just sound like a mediocre bar band.
>>
>>64602965
Bass riff sounds like the can't stop guitar riff
>>
"Flea in all seriousness isn't that good. I mean, come on. RHCP were vaguely interesting in the late 80s, but Christ, they fucking suck, they suck."

-- Trevor Dunn
>>
>>64604504
rip frusciante
>>
Keidis is still absolute shite.

Everything else is nice and chill. The drums have that dangermouse shuffle.
>>
>>64606871
>implying anyone from Mr. Bungle would ever say anything not negative of anyone from RHCP
>>
Eh, let's be honest that BTW was the last good album. SA was mostly overbloated shit propped up by some amazing Frusciante guitar work.
>>
>>64605818
but he is/was the only artistically talented member of rhcp
>>
>>64606871
>He doesn't know about the Bungle Pepper beef
>>
>>64602794
Meh. Sounds ok, not bad. Nothing that I haven't heard a thousand times in my life. Primus did it better in the 2000's.
>>
It definitely exceeded my expectations regarding their single. I think its a much better song than Rain Dance Maggie.
>>
It's really bad
>>
You're getting too old for the socks bit, guys.
>>
i know, i know - it's the red hot chili peppers, they're famous. But added claps just gives off a very casual & mainstream feel. Same for the piano, doesn't fit imo.

I'll stick to Californication.
>>
>>64607721
I gotta agree on the claps part. I'm a huge sucker for everything RHCP, but the clapping just annoys the shit out of me.
>>
>>64607703
AFAIK they haven't even done that since Clinton was president.
>>
I used to like their last album (haven't listened to it in years), should i kill myself?
>>
>>64602794
I love it. I love the piano intro and solo. I love the bass work, I love the clap effect throughout. I love the album art, and the lyrics. I love the background vocals.

The only thing I don't love is that the lead vocals are a little too soft/distant/difficult to understand.

1:17 "We got/sneak attack from the zodiac." Gold!

I can't wait to hear the rest of the album.
>>
>>64603518
>>64605068

Also agreeing.
>>
>>64605081
People often use "trying new things" as a synonym for when a band is doing their usual sound except poorer.
>>
GAAAAAAAAYYYYYYYY
>>
>>64604135
Californicaion barely even registers as real chili peppers. BTW is when they truly turned from a "chili peppers" sound and became a soft rock/funk band
>>
it's not bad at all.
>>
I feel like its missing something. I hope this doesn't represent the rest of the album.
>>
>>64603896
true
>>
Honestly really digging it.

I love how it's a cleaner, more modern production style, but still kinda preserves their classic style.

Also the piano sounded really nice.
>>
RHCP fanboy reporting in. Not impressed.
>>
>>64610205
>cleaner production
Did Rick Rubin finally die of AIDS? If so, thank God.
>>
>>64610336
I'm not following
>>
if you take it as a red hot song it will obviously will be disappointing but for what it is I like it, I mean It´s not even close to being a great song but it´s chill
>>
>>64604701
that one really grew on me
>>
>>64605081
It sounds like a RHCP song but it doesn't sound anything like their previous material is what he meant.
>>
>>64606747
I didn't even notice nice catch tho friend0
>>
>>64608206
You guys always find something to complain about. Last time it was the cowbells.
>>
I'm so sick of Frusciante fanboys whining about their messiah every time the band puts out new material or even brought up for discussion. Yeah we all know John is great but the Peppers have done good things without him in the past (One Hot Minute, Freaky Styley) and they've done good things since he's left (see I'm With You B-Sides). Things have to move on, BSSM is never gonna happen again nor will any one of their other albums, and that's okay. One thing I've always appreciated about the band is they try make each of their albums feel like its own organism. And like >>64603518 said, I'm glad they're flirting with a bit of experimentation on this new song instead of trying to appease their legacy by attempting to write the kind of material John would have written with the band.

Also why does /mu/ hate this band so much? I have a feeling it has to do how mainstream they are (almost to an obnoxious level), but there's nothing about them that warrants the hate they get here especially when people circlejerk over shit like taylor swift.
>>
>>64602794
Meh. I want to like it more but they've been stuck in this dull space somewhere between the Funk Rock band they once were and a more mature and experimental band.
>>
>>64603272
>It sounds like Coldplay with a sitar thrown in to make it artier.
There's no sitar.
>>
>>64611834
Like I said, Chili Peppers without JF are just a mediocre bar band (see all Hillel Slovak albums).
>>
>>64610336
No but at least someone in the band had the decency to tell him to go fuck off this time round.
>>
>>64611994
But you're wrong. The JF era will always undisputedly be the best of the RHCP, but it's not like they're incapable of making good music without him. Freaky Styley and One Hot Minute are solid, interesting albums that do not feature Frusciante.
>>
Impressed, josh a total trump manwhore for god. His girthy penis tasted real nice on this track. I give it a 6.4P on the sleazedary. And that's fn awesome for mainstream shit. Josh so versatile with it <penis>.
>>
>>64612114
suck me penis ooo fuck me senpai mah cock cums so wet slushy cum bubble fuck shit ooooh little tiny asian cocks!!
>>
>>64612151
That's only a 3.1 on the sleazydar. Try more. You'll see it gets bigger as you go.
>>
>saying IWY is bad album

>falling for the "rhcp without frusciante is shit " meme

IWY may not be as good as their older stuff but is still better than 99% of current popular music

I bet you fuckers didn't even listen to the album before shitting on it
>>
>>64612199
As a big fan, I'd say I'm With You is decent but not a great album. It is grower though, and I found I came back to it much more when the hype had worn off. Some of the B-Sides they released were way better than the albums tracks too.
>>
>>64612151
Josh builds the whole thing really nicely. Perfect moviebuild. As he takes you long and hard, to a mystical realms where all the world will sings again.. And i love yous revolve it in you and it.
>>
By the numbers RHCP song

Not feeling it. It's like a less complex jamiroquai

This will be played at department stores the world over though
>>
>if I spam the "OHM is underrated" meme, it will become true
>>
File: costanza_400x400.jpg (19 KB, 400x400) Image search: [Google]
costanza_400x400.jpg
19 KB, 400x400
>>64612199
>but is still better than 99% of current popular music
I bet you also think Zombie Simpsons is better than 99% of current TV.
>>
>>64611834
>Things have to move on, BSSM is never gonna happen again nor will any one of their other albums, and that's okay.
Honestly they should just retire. Not like they exactly need more money.
>>
>>64602794
This shit go me grooving like crazy. This song is great.
>>
>>64613112
Go to bed, Josh Klinghoffer.
>>
You can't be a 90s kid and not love GIA.
>>
i dont think rhcp have been good since 89. its like sonic youth, as they progressed they became more and more mainstream, which is reflected in both bands works over time.
>>
RHCP have never released a bad album
>>
Mothers Milk is still their best record.
>>
>>64613761
>he doesn't like BSSM

wtf
>>
File: patton wolfmother.jpg (15 KB, 480x360) Image search: [Google]
patton wolfmother.jpg
15 KB, 480x360
>>
Is this Adele feat Jamiroquai? This sounds like what I imagine the radio sounds like right now, all overly produced adult contemporary jazz fest. Pretty snoozy. Makes me think I'm shopping at Bed Bath and Beyond or something.
>>
>>64611834
I agree, I am kind of an OG John fanboy, but the new wave of them are so fucking obnoxious and they worship him with more delusion than I did when I was 15. So unbearable when one of them starts sperging out.

Besides, Josh is a great player and John should just make whatever music he finds interesting, even if few people like it. I mean would these people really like to see him come back to RHCP? Do people really think that is the best outlet for his music at this point? Especially if he isn't too into the idea, that would be just as sad as what is going on right now. I also think Josh is a lot better outside the context of the band, but he has had some great guitar paying on occasional on the last album.

>>64602794
On second listen, with proper listening equipment, I really don't like it. Bad production and just a mishmash of okay to mediocre ideas. Vocal melody is outright awful though.

>>64607258
No. SA was great, it just had too much fluff. Trim that down to like 14-16 songs and its possibly the best thing they ever made.

>>64609471
Everything with Flea and Anthony on it registers as real chili peppers. BTW isn't soft rock or funk.

>>64611906
That is what I used to love about them. They were groovy and nonsensical, but musically talented enough and with the right chemistry to have a wild and free and sometimes random sound while still staying locked in.

>>64612665
Agree
Thread replies: 123
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.