[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>Nirvana overnight sensations >Radiohead bringing innovative
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 2
File: burrito.jpg (38 KB, 640x640) Image search: [Google]
burrito.jpg
38 KB, 640x640
>Nirvana overnight sensations
>Radiohead bringing innovative ideas
>The west-east hip hop conflict

Regardless of what you think about the music the 90's was the most exciting time for it in general
>>
>>64600697
No now is.
>>
>>64600702
How? All we're doing is building on foundations atm
>>
beatlemania, elvis, and woodstock were much more exciting highlights of their respective eras than all of that (except for i suppose arguably everything radiohead brought to to the table yeah)
>>
>>64600714
That's not true
>>
>>64600697
>any of those
>interesting in the 90s
>>
>>64600714

> bringing innovative ideas

Maybe as far as pop music goes.
>>
>>64600736
Fuck I even forgot the trip-hop movement that elevated blue lines to all that acclaim

I mean yeah you could argue your point too but most of the exciting stuff was on the radio pretty much
>>
>>64600736
>everything radiohead brought to the table

what do you think radiohead brought to the table though? a lot of their work is very derivative of other artists

don't get me wrong, I like radiohead a lot
>>
>>64600697
the 90s honestly seemed pretty cool, i remember the last half somewhat well, its weird seeing restaurants now and what they looked like before they redecorated to ''get with the times''
>>
>>64600697
>Radiohead
>Not Pixies

You don't know what you're talking about

>>64600714
You're just a proto-lewronggenerationer
>>
>>64600797
Eh, Pixies are a 80s/90s transitional band. Most people like their 80s work. Certainly not a staple of the 90s, they had broken up early 90s.
>>
>>64600743
They're are some if you do your research but innovative music is harder to find now, not that that is a comment on quality at all
>>64600772
debatable
>>64600797
assumptions lol
>>
>>64600842
Radiohead wouldn't exist without Pixies. Pixies gave them something to work with.
>>
>>64600909
pablo honey was trash

the bends is more influenced by brit-pop than alt-rock

you know they'd still be around, c'mon
>>
>>64600797
Pixies are so overrated. Even more so than Sonic Youth.
>>
>>64600909
Radiohead are more derivative of Sonic Youth.
Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.