[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Hey /mu/, I'll be honest here, I have absolutely no clu
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1
File: JVRgva1.jpg (736 KB, 2551x1596) Image search: [Google]
JVRgva1.jpg
736 KB, 2551x1596
Hey /mu/, I'll be honest here, I have absolutely no clue how music/sound editing works. What I'm trying to do is make a song sound like it came from the 80s.

Example: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Mv78UsrZ07g

How should I approach this? What kind of tool or software should I use?
>>
Reverb and excessive modulation
>>
>>64598661
>What I'm trying to do is make a song sound like it came from the 80s.
You mean you want to try to do that one thing that became flavour of the month after Drive and Hotline Miami that every talentless fuckwit started to do and ran into the ground faster than a fat guy on a threadmill breathing cyanide? Nobody wants to hear that shit anymore. It was shallow and vapid from the very start and everyone is already sick of it.

You probably weren't even born in the 80s.
>>
>>64600868
God damn this post is everything wrong with music nowadays.

Just a little nerd fishing for (You)s by being as fakely cynical and contrarian as possible, and then coming up with a very transparent excuse to validate his dismissal
>implying the year you were born in has any relevancy
suck a hundred dicks, m8
>>
>>64600904
Yeah that's what I thought. Fuck off back to /v/ and jerk off over how much you want the next GTA to be set in Vice City again you fuccboi.
>>
>>64600904
this a hundred times

p. tired of judgmental fuckwits who are blatantly W R O N G
>>
>>64600868
No I'm editing a video for a client, who has requested a vinyl/80s filter for the audio.
>>
>>64600920
You're so fucking insecure man.
>>
>>64600950
The word client implies you have some expertese in whatever field you work in, meaning this should be very basic for you. What's your line of work?
>>
>>64600973
And you're even more transparent than the plastic fruit bag your mother tried to suffocate you as a child with before having a mental breakdown.
>>
>>64600985
I'm a freelance animator/VFX guy but audio effects have never really been my forte.
Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.