[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 41
Thread images: 2
File: big ball and the tumbleweeds.jpg (177 KB, 800x638) Image search: [Google]
big ball and the tumbleweeds.jpg
177 KB, 800x638
Without slavery America would be a musical wasteland.

>provemewrongyoucant.exe
>>
I dunno. Irish and Italian people are basically niggers anyway.
>>
20th-century classical music?
>>
>>64597371
Rock would've just grown out of European folk. We wouldn't have hip-hop and possibly jazz though.
>>
>>64597371
i know
thank god for slavery
>>
Maybe we would have taken more musical influence from the Indians.

Might have been cool.
>>
folk?
>>
>Musical wasteland
I mean you'd still have classical and folk music bleeding over from Europe

It wouldn't be baron but it wouldn't be original either.

But who knows, it's all hypothetical
>>
>>64597371
black metal would still exist, but nu metal wouldn't. i fail to see the problem here
>>
>>64597421
Whats your favourite native American-Indian folk album?
>>
>>64597479
that would be America without manifest destiny or imperialism, not slavery
>>
>>64597421
Irish, Scottish and English settlers are to thank for that, Slaves heard them and took it themselves and will not stop going on about "wes invented duh musick", yeah like they invented Electronic music or anything else.
>>
>>64597504
>defending your border against violent raiding parties from a savage culture that refuses to acknowledge your existence as human beings
>imperialism
:-)
>>
>>64597504
Okay, whats your favourite European-American folk music by Yuros who took over your country?
>>
>>64597531
>Electronic music

That'd be the French and that Egyptian bloke
>>
>>64597564
>took over your country?
Countries didn't exist before Europeans came.
It's not like there was some land called the Indian States of America that the mean old Europeans invaded and took for themselves.
Before whites arrived civilization essentially didn't exist. The entire continent was in a constant state of primal warfare.
>>
>>64597551
wait are you talking about the europeans or the native americans?
>>
>>64597417
Nah, all their songs only consist of one chord.
>>
>>64597389
they make bad music

>>64597396
what is this, the 20th century?
>>
>>64597690
But don't they place more importance on rhythm than melody and harmony (like drum circles and shit)?

I think it would be a cool hybrid desu
>>
>>64597690
Really? Which one is it?
>>
>>64597371
you just know some faggot took those tumbleweeds and arranged them in the middle of the road like that for that instagram tier picture
>>
>>64597650
BAZINGA

(screen caps and posts to tumblr)
(his friends with correct opinions and receding hairlines give him likes)
>>
then why does England make all the good music
>>
>>64597753
There looking right at us /mu/...
>>
>>64597650
damn...

>>64597631
just because there was endless conflict doesn't mean that civilization didn't exist
besides, there was a great amount of fighting between European countries
>>
>>64597780
To be fair blues greatly influenced a lot of prominent English artists like The Beatles, Led Zeppelin, Black Sabbath, the Stones etc.
>>
>>64597792
The fact that they would scalp each other, eat each other, and start entire wars in search of human sacrifices is proof that civilization didn't exist

White people are the only ones capable of ascending tribalism and forging actual states
>>
>>64597840
>The fact that they would scalp each other, eat each other, and start entire wars in search of human sacrifices is proof that civilization didn't exist

from your uppity perspective, perhaps

>White people are the only ones capable of ascending tribalism and forging actual states

lot's of africans and middle eastern people actually did that in europe, so idk what you're on about
>>
>>64597895
>stop being uppity you bigot! Eating babies is just their culture!

Man I just *know* you get all the pu$$y dude
>>
>>64597780
without slavery there wouldn't be blues or reggae, so english music would be pretty different
>>
>>64597840
why is scalping someone so much more barbaric than just killing them? Also europe was fighting over religion at the same time too..
>>
>>64597956
>>Eating babies is just their culture!

there you go again with your extremist and pretentious thinking. i'm not arguing that horrible acts like those never existed, i'm arguing that they indeed had a complex and capable civilization, stained of course with foolish religious beliefs and practices, but the same can be said about most of civilization back then

>Man I just *know* you get all the pu$$y dude
right back at you dude, i can smell the stench of sex from here
>>
>>64598048
>why is handling pieces of corpses as a commodity barbaric

And Europeans were not fighting over religion in the 17th and 18th centuries. Even their "religious wars" were political in nature.
>>
>>64598074
Keep honing those right opinions dude. I'm sure the girl with the septum piercing in your sociology course will notice you eventually.
>>
>>64598115
>Keep honing those right opinions dude
right back at ya
>>
>>64597371

Well, whites would probably just create a different form of music, they just happened to make rock music relevant when they co-opted it and actually made it good.
>>
File: 1444995380485s.jpg (3 KB, 125x111) Image search: [Google]
1444995380485s.jpg
3 KB, 125x111
>>64597397
>>
>>64597371
it couldn't be much worse. nothing important has come out of america besides jazz
>>
>>64597397
>being this delusional
>>
Without slavery nothing would have come out of Jamaica either as ska/reggae/dub was from a fusion of mento and rhythm and blues so thats; post-punk, pop, hip hop, disco, house, techno, ambient, electronic dance music, and trip hop, jungle, drum and bass and dubstep all gone too, especially as rhythm and blues has gone too.
Thread replies: 41
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.