[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I can't process this album
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 1
File: swans.jpg (14 KB, 400x400) Image search: [Google]
swans.jpg
14 KB, 400x400
It's been like 15 years since I first heard this, and I still don't fucking get it. This is on a different plane of music to me, like I don't know if it qualifies as me listening to it because it is like listening to someone hum. Not to mention it's fucking haunting, some of the music puts me in a really weird place, like you are going through old photos in your basement at like 4 in the morning. Then there's Volcano and All Lined up that are bug the living hit out of me, like they violate my fucking brains and insides.

I will never understand Soundtracks...
>>
>>64597260
are you blind? if no, gtfo
>>
>>64597260
it sounds to me like you understand it very thoroughly
>>
>>64597318
It makes me very paranoid
>>
>>64597351
Yeah, that's exactly what that album is supposed to be. You get it.
>>
>>64597260
Yeah op I'm a big swans fan but this fucking album is just too much for the term 'enjoyment'
>>
>>64597351
The album is ''supposed'' to make you feel uneasy. I use this music when I am already feeling uneasy. It is the type of music that you would only listen to to match your mood, not change your mood.
>>
>>64597568
But what is the message or point? Is it purely to make the listener feel paranoid? I thought it was called Soundtracks for the Blind because it is the perspective from a blind person, where they can hear sound, but not fully comprehend it. But I still don't know if that is actually true because there is a bigger picture here, but I don't know what it is.
>>
>>64597648
AND BLOW YOUR BRAINS OOOOOOOOOOOOUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUTTT
>>
https://soundcloud.com/atticussd
>>
>>64597846
People are pretty shitty, also some people are blind as in naïve.
>>
Babby's first """"experimental""""
>>
>>64597260
Listen to more music my man
>>
Yeah I agree. First listened to it about 5/6 year ago after the release of My Father... and I still haven't heard anything quite as emotionally draining. Two and a half hours of misanthropy, depression and alienation and then the final three songs just pummel the shit out of you.

That drone at the beginning of I Was A Prisoner doesn't sound like it comes from this world.
>>
The Beautiful Days remains one of the most unnerving songs ever for me
>>
>>64597260
>It's been like 15 years since I first heard this
it's time for your afternoon nap gramps
>>
>>64602797
>Not having parents that exposed you to records like SFTB as a small child.
It's no wonder everyone on this board has shit taste
Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.