[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
today I will remind them
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 3
File: christgau 2.png (51 KB, 1310x539) Image search: [Google]
christgau 2.png
51 KB, 1310x539
today I will remind them
>>
Christgau's writing makes me physically angry, he's such a knob
>>
Christgau wishes he could write 1/10 as well as Lester Bangs did. Fuck that old hack, he knee-jerk wrote off ITCOTCK at the same time that Bangs was pretty much writing the punk rock manifesto.
>>
I can't understand what the fuck this guy is saying half the time.
>>
>>64595645
Christgau's existence makes me physically angry. Anything that doesn't adhere to his standard of verse-chorus-verse rock music in 4/4 is immediately dismissed by him as "art rock" and panned.

Fuck that man and everything he stands for
>>
>>64595782
>>
itt butthurt proge nerd
>>
>>64595579
He is like Scruffy's retarded cousin

Even his site is more of a ugly mess than Scaruffi's
>>
>>64595802
>oh he likes le herny cao but he doesn't review their best album and gives their worst release the highest score

And then he proceeds to namedrop a thousand and one classical composers who have nothing in common with the band

Good review

>>64595805
Fuck off Robert
>>
christgau is best when you treat his reviews as witticisms rather than, well, reviews. he's funny but the last man in the world you want to consult if you want a cogent analysis of a piece of music.
>>
>>64595906
Or I could read Bangs and Cope instead and get someone who can be funny while stringing together a good sentence and actually being informative rather than a dipshit contrarian.
>>
>>64595906
>he's funny
His sense of humor must be awful if he's genuinely a comedy writer. Nothing he says is remotely witty and everything comes off as smug contrarian shit by a man who can't take anything that's remotely out of the norm and judges entire band's discographies based off their worst albums
>>
>>64595853
nah, scruffy wouldn't exist without christgau and lester bangs. besides, newer reviews aside, christgau's taste is pretty based sometimes
>>
>>64595962
Holy fuck go away Christgau
>>
>>64595802
Why is it so hard to read this shit? My brain just becomes gridlocked
>>
>>64596030
Because his grammar is shaky as fuck and the way he writes makes it look like he's stringing together various related words in a completely broken and random order
>>
File: christgau.png (64 KB, 1331x586) Image search: [Google]
christgau.png
64 KB, 1331x586
>>
>>64595867
>Anything that doesn't adhere to his standard of verse-chorus-verse rock music in 4/4 is immediately dismissed by him as "art rock" and panned.

Just because RYM says it's their best doesn't mean it is. Dipshit tripfuck sheep.

>And then he proceeds to namedrop a thousand and one classical composers who have nothing in common with the band

http://psychedelicbaby.blogspot.com/2011/12/chris-cutler-interview-about-henry-cow.html

>What were some of the main influences on you as a kid and later as a teenager?
>the Yardbirds; the Who; Stockhausen; Frank Zappa [who was by the way Varese-obsessed]; AMM; Sun Ra...

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Unrest_%28Henry_Cow_album%29

>For "Ruins", Frith used Fibonacci numbers to establish beat and harmony, after reading about Hungarian composer Béla Bartók's use of the Fibonacci series.

Stop posting. I don't understand how someone can be this shitty at being a human being.
>>
>>64596073
>Dean of American Rock Critics
Well, he never claimed to have any domain over hip-hop.
>>
>>64596102
Fuck off Robert, no amount of bullshitting will save your shitty opinions and awful writing

RYM thinks that Unrest is better than Leg End but I think otherwise. Am I still a sheep you enlightened individual?

Cutler may have liked them and been influenced by them but a): he's their fucking drummer and b): Half of Unrest is literally free improvisation. Pieces like Bitter Storm and Half Awake have nothing in common with any of those composers. Only one track and that's just Bartok. No Stockhausen and no Varese

Kill yourself you stinky old faggot
>>
>>64596102
>I don't understand how someone can be this shitty at being a human being
He's a chink I think
>>
>>64596197
Nice samefagging and even better argument

Do you retards have any other valid thing against me other than "hurr durr he's asian and portrays my racial insecurities"?
Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.