[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Is Progressive Rock the high point of Rock Music from a quality
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 2
File: Prog Rock.jpg (640 KB, 2422x1201) Image search: [Google]
Prog Rock.jpg
640 KB, 2422x1201
Is Progressive Rock the high point of Rock Music from a quality perspective?
>>
no its just boring music marketed at socially inept, stinky white males with shit breath
>>
fuck i hate most nearly all of those bands but that picture is beautiful desu
>>
>>64593671
Well I think it was relatively one of the best foundations for artists to create lavish and complicated pieces and had established itself as a movement of historical importance but there is a negative side of the movement that's posed largely towards emerging artists because of it's daunting nature. It's also very fascinating in a way to compare what is considered vital contemporary prog versus vital classic prog. The genre has clearly progressed into the more subversive, grand edginess of bands like Mars Volta and Porcupine Tree. Comparing that to the meek, folky approach of the pioneers of the genre creates a sort of perspective point of allure. Why is it considered necessary for modern Prog to have taken on this angsty, heavy aesthetic? Is it an honest reflection of the decay that modern technology poses towards the obstinate nature of historical human progression?
>>
>>64593930
post chart
>>
>>64593991
his favorite band is minus the bear ignore him hes such a pointless trip
>>
>>64594031
>Minus the Bear
Ah, a refreshing example of modern Prog that didn't go the route of perverse subversiveness
>>
>>64594132
its awful indie shit quasi-prog

question why do you trip seriously what is the point nobody has ever replied to you
>>
>>64594518
>nobody has ever replied to you
I'm not sure where you're coming from with this but dis is not true.
>>
>>64594536
Seriously nobody cares about you at all
>>
>>64594536
not to be rude or anything but you seem like a clueless dickhead you're not even entertaining in the way you post it feels like you've seen people tripping ironically and taken their quality of posting at face value that is how bad every single post of yours I have ever seen is
>>
>>64594563
I know
>>64594565
man I'm just talking about music
>>
>>64593930
Holy shit dude get over yourself. You're one of those people who wishes he was highly intelligent so he writes this word salad of 11th grade english vocab describing a basic and shitty opinion, that could have been 3 times shorter with the same amount of information.

There's also literally nothing wrong with Prog rock branching into Mars Volta and Porcupine Tree.
>>
>>64594613
i agree with the first part of what you said but

>There's also literally nothing wrong with Prog rock branching into Mars Volta and Porcupine Tree
there is
>>
>>64594630
There isn't, you might not like it but music branches, it doesn't just change in one linear pattern. There is lighter prog rock, there is heavier prog rock inspired by harder music.
>>
File: Who Is This.png (105 KB, 145x261) Image search: [Google]
Who Is This.png
105 KB, 145x261
What album is this from?
>>
>>64594666
satanic trips speaks the truth
>>
>>64593930
Why are the biggest faggots always tripfags ?
>>
>>64594676

Gentle Giant
>>
>>64594676
Gentle Giant - Gentle Giant
>>
>>64594693
Narcissism.
>>
>>64594676
cardiacs or some shit i dont know find it yourself
>>
>>64594707
>>64594704
thanks lads, i knew i knew it, i just didnt remember what it was.
>>
So dudes, is there any other band that is reminiscent of the Mars Volta? I love their shit and want more of it.
>>
>>64595463
i've heard people compare them to gazpacho but I dont see it
>>
>>64595463
a bit of closure in moscow if you havent heard of them already
not pink lemonade
>>
>>64595734
I listened to that last night, it was prog but I didn't like it and it was definitely not like the Mars Volta.
>>
>>64595737
Is it similar to De-loused in the Memeatorium?
>>
>>64593671
this collage really triggers me
>>
>>64595958
i honestly don't remember i haven't listened to them for a bit
>>
>>64593671
this image is my facebook banner
Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.