[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Is he right, /mu/?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 117
Thread images: 12
File: Capture.png (22 KB, 484x197) Image search: [Google]
Capture.png
22 KB, 484x197
Is he right, /mu/?
>>
>>64592157
No, but rap sucks anyway. Who cares? Delete this.
>>
I remember when I was 18 and posted facebook quotes on 4chan

people here would tell me to "fuck off" since it's shallow content that is immature

look at 4chan now

you fucks have killed it
>>
>kikespeak
>>
>>64592188
sounds like you killed it
>>
>>64592188
>>
>>64592188
>>
Notice the tricky Jew rhetoric. There is no violence happening with listening to music. Also implying that white people and culture = domination. That wording would never be attributed to non-whites.
>>
>>64592157
If you don't want your music to be listened to by white people then don't go on a major label run by white people dumbass.

This cultural appropriation stuff is the stupidest shit I swear. Cultures don't exist in a vacuum you fuck.
>>
>>64592188
>>
>>64592157
yeah, when I listen to "she got a big booty so I call her big booty" I can really feel the pain it was built upon
>>
>>64592188
>>
>>64592157
>playing rap music in a white...
Stop reading right there
>>
Sounds like your protest music isn't very effective if the first impulse upon hearing it is to dance on tables
>>
"Listening to something a black person made" is not cultural appropriation, unless you're somehow trying to take credit for it, but enjoying something even if you're enjoying something doesn't equal taking credit for it.

He's just a hipster.
>>
>>64592466

ahem, even if you're enjoying it in a way that draws attention to yourself, is what I mean to say
>>
What if I'm listening to hip hop that's basically just fast poetry and has nothing to do with black struggles? There's a lot of that stuff on soundcloud
>>
>>64592188
sounds like you killed it (but in a positive way, like "I totally killed that test! I bet I got every question right.")
>>
>>64592188
>>
He's right, but I would take it further than that. White people listening to rap in general is cringe, it's not music for white people.
>>
i swear to god lol once these people marry white people and have half white kids their kids are going to think all this cultural appropriation shit is retarded
>>
>>64592412
pretty much this.
I have a shitton of black friends but it's a recurring fight we have that blacks complain far too much and it prevents them from accomplishing their full potential, whichever it may be.
>Most disagree and keep complaining, justifying whichever dubious action they are engaged in
>A few agreed and went to college... (although they would have gone either way)
>Americans : Quit letting your minorities tell you, you are wrong for being the way you are.
>it sets a bad example around the world.
>Last time i checked, you built this country from a joyous agricultural power to a military powerhouse
>you can't be entirely wrong
>>
>>64592157
It must be so painful to live in a first world country instead of west Africa. I can't believe how bad blacks in America have it.
>>
>>64592535
No they won't, the kids will just identify as black like what always happens with mixed kids since being white is uncool and they'll continue saying the same thing.
>>
>>64592558
I wonder who they'll mooch off of and accuse of oppression once the white race has been taken over by blacks. Do you think they'll find a way to pin it on Asians next ?
>>
I would argue and ask what he would even do about it. If he's so passionate about his views what is he going to do about it besides post on YouTube?
>>
>>64592554
>On multiple occasions I've whitesplained how black people don't understand the problems of black people

>I have a shitton of black friends
>I have a shitton of friends
>I have friends
O I am laffin
>>
>>64592594
Actually yes, Asians don't have the best reputation in black communities as it is, especially Koreans, and it's been that way since at least the LA Riots where they chose to not join in.
>>
>>64592188
sounds like you krilled it
>>
>>64592558
Black men dont care about cultural appropriation and only ugly black college sjws care about cultural appropriation. Indians care the most followed by the asians, followed by hispanics, followed by whites ironically enough. Blacks care the least except a couple really loud sjws. And mixed indian/asians want to be white because as lame as it is to be white, it is more lame to be asian because asians are nerds.
>>
File: tmp_6780-1462288927215687853341.png (389 KB, 431x450) Image search: [Google]
tmp_6780-1462288927215687853341.png
389 KB, 431x450
>>64592620
>using the term "whitesplained" unironically

>>>/out/
>>
>>64592621
Yeah, but the difficulty would be getting Asians to actually care about their "oppression." They're pretty good about having their priorities straight and not giving a fuck about other races.
>>
>>64592620
bait
>>
>>64592157
>rap is about black oppression and not class oppression
what.
>>
>>64592691
What exactly are you not understanding about that?
>>
>>64592157
>>64592323
NOTICE THAT BLACK PEOPLE NEVER SAY SHIT LIKE THIS I BEG YOU FOR THE LOVE OF GOD

Know your enemies/meme kids. 99% of 'black people' have nothing to do with BLM. 99% of 'black people' you know are cool with you and don't care what you listen to. Like at all. There is a culture war going on but the 'blacks', by and large, aren't the ones fighting in it.

Also delete your Facebook already. Jesus Christ. Nothing good ever happens there. You know this.
>>
>>64592674
>current year
>being a bigot

how does it fell being less socially progressive than your grandfather?
>>
>>64592620
Even if i had one black friend it would still be a shit-ton
>Dudes are huge...
>Also whitesplained ?
>Not sure if bait or incredibly retarded beyond all definition of the word...
>>
>>64592759
do people like necro not exist?
>>
>>64592779
Yeah, news flash, white Americans are fucking nuts.
>>
>>64592783
not him but holy shit you are an insufferable faggot
>>
>>64592783
My grandfather killed fascists,
I just argue into them feeling stupid
>I feel i'm nicer.
>>
>>64592157
No, the blues are more like this, not rap. Maybe rap was like this initially, but expressing black pain via this genre had dwindled over time with the exception of a few modern artists. It's not revolting, it's music. And people are going to enjoy it either way if it sounds good. They don't care what it's rooted in usually.
>>
File: wayq.png (90 KB, 679x415) Image search: [Google]
wayq.png
90 KB, 679x415
>>64592799
>all those meme arrows

Who are you quoting?
>>
>>64592813
It's white people in general really with the exception of Eastern Europe where they have actual problems to deal with
>>
>>64592783
>>>/pol/
You seem to have gotten lost, friend
>>
>>64592813
I think that black people are simply really good at trolling them. Like all of the mental gymnastics surrounding the new definition of racism. "all white people are racist!" "black people can't be racist!"... these types of statements naturally piss off white people, but then the black people turn around and say things like "blacks can be prejudiced but not racist" and "racism is about le system", all the while mocking whitey with childish insults like "DUDE WHITE PEOPLE CAN'T COOK LMAO" "WHITE PEOPLE CAN'T DANCE" "WHITE PEOPLE SO EXTRA BAKA" blah blah blah.

in other words, both white and black people are going crazy with all of the racebaiting bullshit in America.
>>
>>64592889
>white people can't have actual problems

I guess the semester did just end. I'm sure you did great on that sociology exam!
>>
Oh I get it, you want to change the way things are in society by crying about made up shit that doesn't affect anyone, nice.
>>
>>64592878
i assumed i was quoting the guy i quoted ?
>Who are you quoting ?
>>
>>64592936
Any individual can have a problem, but white people, as a group, have lived a very privileged history. You either have to be blind or racist to not see that.
>>
>>64592878
>There is only ONE use of ">"
you are retarded...
>>
>>64592936
The Starbucks barista getting your special cappuccino wrong does not actually qualify as a legitimate problem, if you can believe it.
>>
>>64592813
But when shit hits the fan, they always say it's the blacks when it's white racist SJW vs white racist opposite of that who are the ones doing the fighting. I'd wager most 'white people' don't even care about shit like this at all, it's just the people at the two ends of the spectrum who are trying to influence their thinking.

Also it's funny how bait threads don't look like bait threads sometimes.
>>
>>64592906
Except those white people don't get upset so much as they agree and start apologizing for it
>>
>>64592972
>Any individual can have a problem, but white people, as a group, have struggled long and hard to live a very comfortable life . You either have to be blind or racist to not see that.
Ftfy
While you were sleeping under trees we had that period called "the middle age"
Most blacks would have died trying to survive it.
>>
File: howtoquote.jpg (54 KB, 638x479) Image search: [Google]
howtoquote.jpg
54 KB, 638x479
>>64592945
>>64592979
>>
you ever notice how most people say this shit are whites or self-hating half-breeds?

most people think it's awesome when somebody takes an interest in their culture and enjoy talking about it with and spreading it to others
>>
>>64592979
it's a meme you dip
>>
>>64593043
And can you also show me the doc that says ">" can only be used for quoting ?
>still pretty retarded
>(see how that worked ?)
>>
>>64593074
>You are now that bowlcut kid from that one video that one time.
>>
>>64592972
Its kind of like how Steve Jobs and Wozniak built Apple, they were privileged at Apple, they could see everything before black people, got paid more than black people and had most of the command decisions.

Other races talk about white privilege in America, they act like we didn't actually build the damn place, they act like it was stocked full of white soldiers, lawyers, judges, and government who built all the buildings and wrote all the laws.

Then they come in and demand equal parts of everything though they contributed very little.

It makes sense that white people would have the power in the place they built from nothing.

Of course 2016 is much different and all should have equality I am only saying that history is fine because its fair. I hate that kids always say how it was an unfair world for hispanics and asians, wow, tough shit.
>>
All art is the appropriation of that which came before it.

No person or group can morally claim ownership of any art, even what they create, because art is indebt to its past, which is indebt to its past, etc.

Culture belongs to no one.
>>
>>64592972
>>64592990

History does not only consist of the past 300 years. Did you know that white people have been enslaved, plagued, and suffered all sorts of misfortune throughout history? Probably not because it doesn't suit your agenda. You're probably a self-loathing white person, anyway. Which would make you the perfect target for black people like the guy OP linked who will milk your bleeding heart dry.
>>
>>64592906
But black people mostly don't say that. Shit tier comedians whose shtick is based around it say shit like that.

Also I get what some are saying about racism only belonging to whites because you have to be in a position of power to discriminate, oppress, deny etc. It's still a dumb fucking way to say it. Everybody's prejudiced. Everybody's a little racist. We're human beings from different tribes, it's in the blood. But the active ACT of racism is saying no, you can't live here, no you can't have this job or this loan from my bank because I don't trust darkies. Shit like that, THAT'S active racism. Everything else is just the internet.
>>
>>64593072
Whites have always been full of hatred. Now that it's no longer socially acceptable for them to (at least publicly) project that hate onto minority groups, they've turned it inward and now hate each other and are consuming themselves. There must be something fucked up in their genes.
>>
>>64593109
pretty much this,
But i can guarantee you noone will agree with you
Realism was never a famous value with ideologist.
>>
>>64592972
Wow, only white people are allowed to be generalized I guess.
>>
>>64592188
>>
File: howtoquotepart2electricbogaloo.png (35 KB, 622x181) Image search: [Google]
howtoquotepart2electricbogaloo.png
35 KB, 622x181
>>64593081
arrows are either used for direct quotes or "implied quotes" in order to build on (or more communally reduce) what another person is saying. Individual statements that you are making on your own do not require a meme arrow

>uses green text
>isn't quoting someone
Who are you quoting?
>>
>>64593145
3/10
>>
I don't agree with the person in the pic, but I do understand his sentiment. People who intentionally avoid songs in hip hop because they make them feel uncomfortable, I think, are excusing themselves from the parts of music that can have a big impact.

For example, in pic related, I know that I felt some discomfort with "u". Nobody wants to have to consider something like depression and losing the loved ones around you, and then trying to drink away the problems. People typically want their music to be, at the very least, enjoyable and fun to listen to.

But it's those very ideas that are central to albums like TPAP. Ignoring songs like "u" because they don't sound "fun" or aren't easy to listen to is to dilute the artist's original message.

It's like if you only ate the ham and cheese in a sandwich a chef prepared. It's an insult to the creator and you don't get to appreciate the product as a whole.

Idk why i wrote so much, but this is something i do feel strongly about.
>>
>>64592157
This fag, whoever it is, is zero percent right. Not even 1% correct. His opinion is shamefully stupid.
>>
>>64593023
>Most blacks would have died trying to survive it

Literally what?
>>
>>64592188
>>
>>64593194
You know it's true. White hatred of everyone else has been replaced by White self-hatred. It's like they always have to hate something.
>>
>>64593175
Who are you quoting then ?
>Brings forward only two uses for the arrow
>Uses neither
>Getting severely retarded.
>mfw you actually bothered to screencap a DEFINITION of the arrow
>As if 4chan lived by a set of rules other than creativity...
>definition which isn't even entirely true either...
>>
>>64593225
There might be something to that conversion of hatred thing.
>We are a warrior people at peace, this energy needs to get converted.
>Calling the genes fucked up when ALL you used in your daily life is white originated makes it 3/10
>>
>>64592188
Zounds! You killed it!
>>
>>64593175
>But as no one one 4chan has any respect for petty distinctions
Apparently you do, you might be the only one here
>no one one
>definition written by a tard
>trying to hard so hard.
>>
>>64593145
except for the part where white people literally invented democracy and defend it to this day
>>
>racism still existing among whites

best meme
>>
>>64592157
I came to /mu/ to talk about music without seeing fucking sjw bullshit where the fuck did 4chan in general go
No, cultural appropriation is a way to essencally remove cultures from combining. While yes, people should learn to respect some older rap, but most rap songs that will be played in a white area (yes there's always exceptions) is mostly pop rap
So seriously, I'm fucking tired of everything
>>
>>64593205
(cont.)
Rap music has incredible potency. It has roots in a deep and conflicted history of a minority who still feels the effects of their pasts today.

But even ignoring that, rap music by character typically has more words per minute than other genres. This means more words can be used to convey larger or more complex messages.

I think that's why I have been so captured by rap music lately. It allows artists to speak more than any other music, so it allows them to speak their mind more. Music should help convey and reflect one's thoughts and ideas, and I think rap music does that terrifically.

And the great part is that rap doesn't even have to be super deep or meaningful. It can be just as playful and jumpy as pic related can be.
>>
>>64593145

Keep telling yourself this even as whites prove themselves to be much, much better at nearly every important thing than blacks. They are also better at making music.
>>
>>64593330
The Ancient Greeks were not white.
>>
>>64593399
errrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr...
>m'kay
>>
>>64593411
WE
>>
>>64593399

Probably false bait, but this would be immaterial since the important thing is that whites TODAY create higher standards of living than brown people and therefore should be able to be free from them.
>>
>>64592157
>songs about about being rich, partying, and shooting people
Ya totally an expression of pain
>>
>>64593334
This, the only true white racists left are the ones who "won't hire a darkie" or who will call black people niggers. The rest of the white people in America are too busy working and making money with all sorts of races. Interestingly, it tends to be the black and white people who don't have jobs who take the time to whine about racism on the internet.
>>
>>64593391
>They are also better at making music
Opinion disregarded
>>
File: 121025-apotheon-1.jpg (33 KB, 310x277) Image search: [Google]
121025-apotheon-1.jpg
33 KB, 310x277
>>64593411
>>
>>64593399
SOCRATES WAS A BLACK MAN!
>>
>>64593435
>>
>>64593455
>Wait lemme get my popcorn first.
ok. Go !
>>
>>64593498
Already been proven by science that these statues were colored and the paint worn off
>>
>>64592534
lol
>>
>>64593455
>>64593493
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Black-figure_pottery
Funfact 1043 : Those pots were made and used before the greeks were democratic, had an army or any any large city
>Maybe they were indeed black.
>But then they accomplished something and started getting clearer skinned.
>>
>>64592534
the sentiment that white people can't be affected by "black people music" is so ridiculous that I can't rap my head around why you think that.

No he's not. Rap music doesn't inherently have to be about: oppression, low class struggles, fUCK the POLICE!!!! and, even if it was, the idea that you have to personally relate to all stories told to you is stupid. It gives you perspective.
>>
File: monkey.jpg (17 KB, 324x324) Image search: [Google]
monkey.jpg
17 KB, 324x324
>>64593493
>scratching head and crotch
>tail

Hell, maybe they were black after all
>>
>>64593516
Are you retarded ?
It's a white marble statue...
>white marble is white...
>I call terrible bait...
>...
>>
>>64593540
The ancient Greeks didn't start getting light-skinned until a little bit before the fall of Greece
>>
>>64593569
[citation needed]
>>
>>64593205

>People intentionally avoid songs in hip hop

I've listened to every /mu/-core hip-hop albums and the "uncomfortable" material is basically repetition of the myth that the cops and courts are out to get black people, which is discredited by NCVS data, reaction timed tests on cops, and controlling for repeat offense and IQ on sentencing times, in conjunction with the fact that whites are more likely to be killed by police in arrest situations.
>>
>>64593585
arguing with bitter blacks is like arguing with women...
>Your proofs have less value than their feelings anyway
>>
>>64593580
You can read all about it here: http://realhistoryww.com/

Links at the top
>>
Why are race threads on mu so mean but on pol it's just funny bants
>>
>>64593624
Because people on /pol/ are openly racist, so they don't need to prove it, they can just joke about.

The spoiled white hipster kids on /mu/ however, pretend like they're not racist, so when the chance comes they like to really let it out.
>>
>>64593585
Can you provide some sources on those? I'd like to look into that
>>
>>64593139
EVERYONE'S A LITTLE BIT RACIST
SOMETIIIIIIIIMES

DOESN'T MEAN WE GO AROUND COMMITING
HATE CRIIIIIIIMES

AND IF WE COULD JUST ADMIT
THAT WE ARE RACIST A LITTLE BIT
MAYBE IT WOULD HELP US

GET ALONG!
>>
File: black_jesus_2990.jpg (1 MB, 2377x3168) Image search: [Google]
black_jesus_2990.jpg
1 MB, 2377x3168
>>64593615
I see the light now pham
>>
>>64592157
That was some of the dumbest shit i've ever read.
Anyone who even remotely agrees is an idiot
>>
"cultural appropriation" isn't real. Groups of people have mixed and shared ideas, inventions and culture for millions of years. Forcing people to limit their lifestyle to arbitrary groups is obviously the more racist thing to do.
>>
>>64593585
>the "uncomfortable" material is basically repetition of the myth that the cops and courts are out to get black people
I disagree. There are plenty of songs that deal with subjects that are uncomfortable for people regardless of race and do not involve discrimination by the government.

Tribe's "The Infamous Date Rape", for example, comments on rape, an issue that has only become even more controversial today. "Crown" by RTJ deals with coming to terms with one's past trespasses on the lives of others.
>>
>>64592188
a big benis
>>
>>64592188
sounds like you killed it.
Thread replies: 117
Thread images: 12

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.