[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
pleb dads
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 4
File: ladda ned.png (7 KB, 257x196) Image search: [Google]
ladda ned.png
7 KB, 257x196
>dad see's me listening to new radiohead song
>''all english things are shit anon''
>''nothing good ever came out of the uk''

>he listens to ramones and volbeat and old punk bands

fucking pleb he will pay and this idiot poplover homocuckland
>>
all i know is my dad liked the eagles and queen

>tfw going through his old records and realizing hes just the typical dadrock guy

and my mom was mompop/rock

i mustve inherited patrician taste from my grandparents...
>>
>>64585939
r u a gril
>>
I'm taking my dad to see Swans in September. Even if he doesn't listen to their music i think he'll respect their musicianship, especially since Gira is around his age and my dad used to be a musician who made music similar to Bob Dylan (his favorite artist).

Also i showed him TMR and he kind of liked it. Probably cause he listens to a lot of blues.
>>
File: 1437675848732.png (29 KB, 633x758) Image search: [Google]
1437675848732.png
29 KB, 633x758
>tfw my dad listened to talking heads, jazz, and other cool dad things
>i just listened to top 40 bullshit
>you always said how old and gross his music was
>now you like all the bands he liked
>you never got to connect with through music before he died
>>
>>64586005
m a gay
>>
My dad has some pretty shit taste at times but he was the reason I really love Interpol so that makes up for a lot of it

>>64585907
The Ramones are good though
>>
File: o_709201.jpg (21 KB, 220x221) Image search: [Google]
o_709201.jpg
21 KB, 220x221
>>64586051
that sucks man

i hope you become patrician and dont let it happen to your kids
>>
>dad dislikes the beatles
>likes the beach boys

thats about as patrician as he gets. he just likes everything american and hates english bands. I feel the opposite way though
>>
>>64585907
Volbeat are danish...
>>
>>64586109
they are still pleb and ramones are american
>>
>>64585907
cringe
>>
>>64585907
You think that's bad?

My Dad likes Meghan Traynor, Christina Aguilera, Pink, Alannah Myles and Whitney Houston.
>>
>>64586172
is he a cuck?
>>
File: 1461879018209.jpg (137 KB, 1439x1079) Image search: [Google]
1461879018209.jpg
137 KB, 1439x1079
>show my dad a song from k-on
>he beats me
:(
>>
>>64586172
You think that's bad? My dad exclusively listens to bad 80s pop music and new pop country. He calls anything outside of that pretentious
>>
My dad has a king crimson tattoo and is taking me to see them in august
>>
>>64586941
Based Dad :'(
>>
>>64585907
Your dad just trolled the shit out of you anon lol
>>
>tfw mom and dad both like the beatles, the beach boys, lots of other 60's pop that gets played on classic 60's pop stations
>both love Chicago
>dad likes shitty easy listening music like the Carpenters and Barry Manilow
>Mom likes Pink Floyd and other memecore prog rock
>both were into disco in the studio 54 era
and i'm just a pleb that listen to vaporwave and indie rock
>>
>>64586172
I think that's just him trying to be cool with the kiddos.
He can't actually like those things.
>>
>>64586941
I went with my dad to King Crimson too last year He used to love ITCOTCK and he gave me the LP of it when I started collecting records. Saw they were playing where my family home is. It was a hella sick concert.

More generally my dad is pretty cool, he listens to a lot of bluesy rock stuff, but he's happy to listen to whatever and generally seems to enjoy it. We went to see Mark Knophler as a family last year too for one of his birthdays which he liked cause he used to be hardcore into Dire Straits
>>
My dad isn't awful, he loves Wilco, Bob Dylan, Bowie, Sufjan, Arcade Fire, and listens to Sung Tongs and Melophobia.
>>
My dad likes pink floyd and blues, like all dads, which i like because we bond over pink floyd
>>
My dad is 53 years old and exclusively listens to 70s and 80s disco MEGAMIXES that he rips off of youtube on full blast in the car. every day i hear his sub screaming when he pulls in from work
>>
>>64585907
I'm a dad, I find that offensive.
>>
My dad was a Deadhead but he's actually dead now.

So now he's a Deadbody.
>>
>>64589214
But what does he listen to?
>>
>>64589214
Ashes can't listen to the Grateful Dead you silly goose
Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.