[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
what's /mu/'s opinion on this band?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 34
Thread images: 4
File: 2000px-Nirvana_album_cover.svg.png (44 KB, 2000x1980) Image search: [Google]
2000px-Nirvana_album_cover.svg.png
44 KB, 2000x1980
what's /mu/'s opinion on this band?
>>
never heard of them lol
>>
Bleach >>> Live At Reading > In Utero >>>>> MTV Unplugged >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Nevermind

Bleach is only a 7 though
>>
>>64585197
never heard of them lol
>>
File: meek.jpg (1 MB, 1000x1057) Image search: [Google]
meek.jpg
1 MB, 1000x1057
between me and you, I find them a little hokey, but don't go telling your mother that.
>>
Daily reminder that hating Nirvana is the most contrarian musical opinion.
>>
>>64585203
>>64585227
it's a hard rock band, heaviest music i've heard so far
>>
never heard of them lol

singer is shit though
>>
>>64585197
Never heard of them lol
>>
>>64585247
Daily reminder that calling people contrarians for not liking what you like is a red flag for a pleb who can't actually hold an argument about music.
>>
>>64585197
Fucking love their music. One of my favourite bands.
>>
>>64585244
This.
>>64585197
God I hate myself for saying this but I find them underwhelming.
>>
I honestly do not like them. I find them unengaging. I understand why people like it, similar to how I understand why people like metal, but I just don't enjoy it.
>>
They're pretty good, but incredibly overrated (in my opinion). I think that they don't hold a candle to Husker Du, Pixies or any of the other bands that immediately preceded them. I think if Cobain hadn't have killed himself, they'd probably be treated on the same level as Soundgarden or Mudhoney or any of the other big grunge bands, instead of as the greatest band of the 90's. Also, they're fanbase of teenage 'outcasts' is more annoying than any other one I can think of. Plus, they sort of strike me as the classic rock fan's token alt. rock band, who wouldn't give a shit about any of their contemporaries.

With that said, they were consistently pretty decent, and occasional made great songs, but they just don't hit me on the level that I think they do for most people.
>>
>>64585290
this. I like Nirvana quite a bit but I fucking hate music that you're "supposed to like" (looking at you, AOR)
>>
pretty gay 2bh
>>
File: image.jpg (2 MB, 4032x3024) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
2 MB, 4032x3024
I celebrate their whole catalog
>>
aaaaaaaaaaaAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA
>>
>>64585519
Oh, also their best song is You Know You're Right
>>
>>64585197

Aren't they Fred Dursts favorite band?
>>
Their sound was the most remarkable thing about them.

The songwriting was pretty much by the book. The lyrics are ultimately for atmosphere. The performances weren't sloppy but there are plenty of lackluster bootlegs out there. As effervescent as weezer, just with a less annoying premise.

In utero was good way to end it, they (he) obviously weren't going to progress any further.
>>
>>64585762
Neat!
>>
>>64586250
as good a way to end it as pic related?
>>
>>64585519
>I think if Cobain hadn't have killed himself, they'd probably be treated on the same level as Soundgarden or Mudhoney or any of the other big grunge bands, instead of as the greatest band of the 90's.

This is objectively not true. The reaction to Smells Like Teen Spirit was almost on par to the reaction of The Beatles on Ed Sullivan. It literally changed the face of popular culture. I'm not denying the fact that Kurt's untimely death has blown their legacy a bit out of proportion, but the only reason Kurt's death was such a big deal in the first place is because of how big of an impact Nirvana had. You don't see people suddenly acting like Amy Winehouse was the best pop artist of the 2000s, for example.
>>
>>64586986
THIS.
People who say Nirvana only got big because of Kurt's suicide are wrong.
>>
shit band. they did absolutely nothing new apart from write basic pop songs that sound like the music much better actual innovative bands did but polish it up for mainstream audiences. name me one single thing nirvana did that was original or new, it just sounded different because mainstream audiences never listened to underground music before. and kurt cobain wasnt even a good songwriter, the lyrics are meaningless trash written by an edgy junkie who thought he was much more intelligent than he actually was, the riffs are incredibly boring and basic and everything about this band is absolute shit, its music for people who don't know any better.
>>
Wipers are better
>>
>>64585197
Reminder that Bleach is the best Nirvana album, In Uterus a close second
>>
>>64587580
LOL :)))

fuck off you wetwipe
>>
>>64587580
You're just contrarian hipster. If Nirvana didn't get popular, you would not talk shit about them.
>>
NIRVANA is pretty damn PURE

upvotes if u know what I mean ;)
>>
Am I the only one who adores their studio albums but thinks their live albums all sound the same and are mediocre
>>
I mean, I guess I sorta appreciate their cultural impact, but not necessarily the music itself. Sorta like the Beatles. Their music is by no means shit, but I'm not sure if they're necessarily the best band of the 90s.
>>
their riffs are pretty simple that's true, but shit the whole package has something to it. I like the emotion they transmit through their sound, the despair of depression lol. I like them, simple yet emotionally heavy. just listen to unplugged
Thread replies: 34
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.