[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
vaporwave is gentrified chopped n screwed discuss
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 34
Thread images: 3
vaporwave is gentrified chopped n screwed

discuss
>>
yes we know
they know
he knows
she knows
>>
Absolutely. Listen to any early DJ Screw stuff, it's essentially the same thing. Just done in a more creative way (fucking w/ records on wheels of steel vs. Slowing shit down in Ableton). Are we gonna call the Houston rap scene proto-vapor now?
>>
yes
maybe next time invoke discussion instead of making us do it
>>
>using economics to discuss an economical genre

interesting OP. I'll do some thinking and get back to you
>>
most proto vapor consist of song samples that are produced, and recorded by black musicians. Vaporwave has no color boundries. Most black musicians i know prefer the escapism route of creating music like rap and etc. Chopped and screwed no.... Most vaporwave composers have at least a little background in vintage synths, sound design, and engineering. whereas not to many black musicians i know of invest in vintage gear but pick up the other two skills respectively.
>>
>>64582245
>gentrified
There are no economics in vaporwave, just A E S T H E T I C S and the knowledge that we'll one day ascend the doldrums of life and be one with the V A P O R.
>>
When did berry juice and tea bottles become vapourwave?
>>
>>64584828
when it became a tumblr meme
>>
>>64584787
thank you friend
>>
>>64584868
Well it's shit and it should stop.
>>
Give me examples of gentrified vaporware.
>>
>>64582245
Vaporwave is barely a genre and if it wasn't for it's faux retro visual aesthetic it would have barely been a meme
>>
>>64584828
arizona tea was founded on vaporwave aesthetics
>>
>>64584701
vaporwave samples jap music far more than it does black music

vaporwave "composers" don't know anything about production other than how to use fl studio
>>
>>64584701
You're memeing right? 95% of vaporwave is made in a daw with samples and softsynths
>>
>>64585457
most of the japanese music they sample is imitating black american music
>>
File: serveimage.jpg (39 KB, 600x391) Image search: [Google]
serveimage.jpg
39 KB, 600x391
>implying grentrification is bad
>implying black culture is inately more valuable than white culture
>implying DJ Screw tapes contain more talent or value than t e l e p a t h or Saint Pepsi.
>mfw
>>
>>64585556
DJ Screw's stuff was genuinely original compositions from the originals and mixed several songs at once a lot of the time. Saint Pepsi isnt much more than looping and compression; maybe some added drums. t e l e p a t h isn't really comparable
>>
Vaporwave is just slowing down Diana Ross songs and throwing it over some lazy nostalgia
>>
File: 1460304479209-b.jpg (297 KB, 2093x608) Image search: [Google]
1460304479209-b.jpg
297 KB, 2093x608
>>64585684
Bullshit. DJ Screw's shtick was to was tracks from the screwed up click back catalogue, slow them down then repeat certain bars /words. Example: Lil Keke - still pimping pens.
>>
>>64582334
I love dj screw. Chopped and screwed only really shows in eccojams and the lazy produced vaporwave. Although eccojams is a staple. I wouldnt call chopped and screwed proto vapor, considering it is its own thing.
>>
>>64586239
Nice related pic
>>
both are talentless-ified music
>>
>>64584787
>There are no economics in vaporwave,

The whole genre is a deconstruction of 80's and 90's consumerist nostalgia
>>
>>64585807
nice fantano quote retard
>>
>>64586798

Just admit it, Floral Shoppe is a bad album
>>
>>64586492
Depends on the album.

>>64586816
And? It's not like it's some "pinacle" of the genre, and nobody acts like it's a good album, just has a few songs and got really popular.
>>
>>64586816
No matter how simply made it is, リサフランク420 / 現代のコンピ is an excellent chopped and screwed track.
>>
>>64586816
i didnt say it wasnt. just calling you out for being a fantano dick rider
>>
>>64582245
OK so I un-ironically enjoy vapor wave.

Can I still shit post in these meme generals?
>>
>>64584828
Literally Yung Lean
>>
>>64587273
Yeah, just find some good artists and don't listen to it exclusively or start changing your appearance because of it.
>>
interesting idea. can we try to predict the future now?
Thread replies: 34
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.