[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What are your thoughts on King Crimson? Favourite album by them?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 4
What are your thoughts on King Crimson? Favourite album by them?
>>
File: infinite drummers.jpg (166 KB, 800x844) Image search: [Google]
infinite drummers.jpg
166 KB, 800x844
>3 drummers
>>
>>64579292
Bump
>>
>>64579292
ItCoCk or Larks' Tongues or Red.
>>
File: R-2184450-1293293058.jpg (8 KB, 100x100) Image search: [Google]
R-2184450-1293293058.jpg
8 KB, 100x100
Discipline
>>
File: IMG_0052.jpg (1 MB, 1024x1015) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0052.jpg
1 MB, 1024x1015
King Crimson is one of my favorite bands... in all of their forms.

But I really liked the Larks-Starless-Red trilogy.

Also really liked Islands.
>>
>>64582939
This. Larks part 1, Fracture, and Starless are them at their peak
>>
Red was pretty great, honestly surprised by how superior it was to ITCOCK
>>
Larks' Tongues is easily my favorite
>>
Red for music, Konstruktion for pure complex fuckery
>>
What's the deal with Earthbound? Is it a good album?
>>
Discipline. The Sheltering Sky is what I imagine god sounds like, and Discipline is what I imagine the fabric of reality and order of nature sounds like.
However, with the exception of Islands which never interested me and Lizard which leered into pretension territory, I love every single one of their albums. I'm particularly fond of the Belew era, and know all the albums from Discipline to The Power to Believe by heart.
>>
>>64584277
I found Lizard much more interesting after I learned more about what was going on in the band at the time, plus Jon Anderson on the title track is GOAT
>>
>>64579292
Kinda weird how a project that became "Robert Fripp and guests" so fast, still managed to put out so much great material. I guess he had a good eye for great musicians.

LTIA is without a doubt the best, but Red and ITCOTCK are great too.
>>
>>64584325
Lizard has Cirkus and Happy Family, which I think are great tracks. The title track was full of filler music but the part with Anderson is great.
I don't think Lizard is bad, I just think it was consciously being made as a prog album with prog tropes rather than its own thing, and that was very unfitting for KC who usually do their own thing.
>>
>>64579292
My absolute favourite band and Larks' Tongues in Aspic is my favourite album.

BTW saw the new Crimso in Paris last year and it changed my life. Been learning guitar since then.
>>
>>64584494
Yeah. From what I understand after ITWOP the entire band left except for Fripp, so he basically rebuilt the band with studio guys and was just fucking around trying to make something wholly different than the first two albums, cause there was at least one established KC sound and he wanted to find a new one to explore, which eventually he did
>>
>>64581238
this
red is close tho
Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.