[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 4
File: price.png (84 KB, 736x603) Image search: [Google]
price.png
84 KB, 736x603
What did they mean by this?

Is it an art statement against audiophiles?
>>
>>64576512

>charging extra for a 24 bit version of a brickwalled piece of shit with no dynamics.

Hail to the thief
>>
wtf what an out of touch old loon thom is
>>
more proof that radiohead is complete trash
>>
>>64576512

hahaha this goes perfectly with thom saying youtube was Nazi's or some shit. He's an old man now, it's weird
>>
File: 1413915394887.png (577 KB, 600x580) Image search: [Google]
1413915394887.png
577 KB, 600x580
>there are people who still fall for the radio"pretending to be avantgarde while playing mellow pop music"head meme in the year 2016
>>
File: jrepigdsfnlfdsgijbgsdfl.png (49 KB, 547x196) Image search: [Google]
jrepigdsfnlfdsgijbgsdfl.png
49 KB, 547x196
>FLAC - 8.00
>WAV - 9.00
what did he mean by this?
>>
File: cs.png (676 KB, 602x548) Image search: [Google]
cs.png
676 KB, 602x548
So i doubt the band has anything to do with pricing and some of the guys in their marketing team explained "it takes too much of our server power to just give out the higher quality out, so let's just give the option but overprice it so it results in less stress on our servers."

I honestly just think they know those who want flac will pay more while they still get a nice sale on those who just want mp3
>>
>>64576512
breaking news: storage costs actual money
>>
Hol up

I can buy the mp3 and flac for the same price on bandcamp, but not this?

sm h summin ain't right
>>
>>64576512
Considering that a 24 bit WAV will cost significantly more bandwidth, it shouldn't surprise you that it costs marginally more.
>>
>>64576621
WAV files have more bits, hence cost more.
>>
I think they only have a few digital copies for the wav compared to the mp3 so they overpriced it
>>
>>64577928
That's why Bittorrent distribution is great, bandwidth cost is divided among the thousands of buyers. That's what Thom used to distribute Tomorrow's Modern Boxes and he probably made millions out of it. But record labels are dumb as bricks. Good for Thom though.
>>
>>64578738
WAV and FLAC are the same quality dumb fuck
>>
>>64578766
I really hope this is b8.
>>
>>64578846
Maybe the FLAC version of the track is 16 bit but the WAV is 24 bit.
>>
>>64578846
I was being sarcastic you smartass. Calculating price based on file size and not on quality is probably the reasoning of distributors.
>>
>>64578917
File size is bits you mongoloid.
>>
>>64578980
file size is in bytes jackass
>>
>>64578766
Periodical maintenance to prevent rotational velocidensity may also play a factor in the pricing
>>
>>64579064
>What is a byte?
>>
Literally every online store that offers wav and flac does this.
Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.