[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why is this a guilty pleasure for a lot of people? Nostalgia
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 2
File: hqdefault.jpg (23 KB, 480x360) Image search: [Google]
hqdefault.jpg
23 KB, 480x360
Why is this a guilty pleasure for a lot of people? Nostalgia?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R95KftL2H1g
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MCu3dIJ6JFc

There has to be SOMETHING there because this shouldn't be able to work 1/10th of extent that it does. The title sounds a fucking parody of shitty covers.

That and I still kinda like the music video for Habit.
>>
>>64574656
That, and it's actually not a bad record. Especially when compared with the likewise edgy shit that was popular at the time like Good Charlotte and Limp Bizkit.
>>
Linkin Park are pretty good song writers. The album is a perfect balance between edginess and pop accessibility. Personally I like Reanimation more, but it's only good because all the songs they remix are well written.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=efOXAoDk86E
>>
>>64576071
>God Charolettte
>edgey

GIRLS DON'T LIKE BOYS,
GIRLS LIKE CARS AND MONEY
BOYS WILL LAUGH AT GIRLS WHEN THEY'RE NOT FUNNY

AND THESE GIRLS LIKE THESE BOYS, LIKE THESE BOYS LIKE THESE GIRLS
THE GIRLS WITH THE BODIES LIKE BOYS WITH FERRARI'S

GIRLS DON'T LIKE BOYS,

LETS GO

HEY HEY!

GIRLS DON'T LIKE BOYS,
BOYS WILL LAUGH AT GIRLS WHEN THEY'RE NOT FUNNY

AND THESE GIRLS LIKE THESE BOYS, LIKE THESE BOYS LIKE THESE GIRLS
THE GIRLS WITH THE BODIES LIKE BOYS WITH FERRARI'S
GIRLS DON'T LIKE BOYS,
>>
>>64574656
Limp Bizkit were huge at the time, and pretty shit. Then LP released an album that was a decent version of that. What you should be asking is why everyone gives a shit about Hybrid Theory when this was the real good shit. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wL7VSc3_s3E
>>
The Emptiness by Alesana. It's honestly a 7/10, regardless of the nostalgia,but damn was that 14 year old me's shit.
>>
>>64576426
Taking this anon's lead. This is a guilty pleasure album thread now. Link related https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1Er-zFejDr0
>>
Go ask John Kasich.
>>
>>64576426
All of Alesanas shit is good except Where Myth Fades To Legend. That album is fuckin garbage.
>>
>>64576779
SUNLIGHT WARMS MY FACE ONLY IN DREAMS OF YOU
>>
>>64576779
I only enjoy The Emptiness and On Frail Wing of Vanity and Wax. There most recent stuff is even worse than When Myth Fades To Legend.
>>
>>64576862
Wings* Their* I had to correct myself
>>
File: epica.jpg (199 KB, 450x450) Image search: [Google]
epica.jpg
199 KB, 450x450
this and some other power metal bands
>>
>>64574656

I really only listen to my 'guilty pleasure' music while drinking by myself and I'm feeling moody for whatever reason.

Definitely Hybrid Theory, especially since I listened to it A LOT when I was younger and can sing along to pretty much any of the albums songs.
A bit of Yellowcard (although not so much anymore)
Any edgy whiny stuff (certain Three Days Grace for example) that I can sing along to basically.
>>
This takes me back OP. I'd say I hardly ever listen to music I did in the 90s/early-ohs because I'm pretty embarrassed of it. Not only was I ten and angry for no reason but I feel all that teen angst was wrapped up and sold to me by MTV and that for every band I thought was 'real shit' it was them trying to cash in on the newer edgier pop. I will say that sometimes I revisit old favorites like Creed, LP, POD, and various others to reminisce ...or possibly see what I could have found appealing by those albums. But then again it was a different world where all we had was MTV and local radio.
>>
>>64576426
I haven't listened to The Emptiness until a few months ago, after listening to the re-release of Try This With Your Eyes Closed. it's actually good if you are looking for teen angst, and cliché "Emo" lyrics. the vocal tone of the vocalist ist pure sugar, it's melting me away.
besides that, I couldn't get into any other releases of them. On Frail Wings Of Vanity And Wax is basically a recycled version of Try This With Your Eyes Closed plus some unspectacular tracks.

I'm currently listening to The Black Parade and I can't see why this is considered a "classic". Three Cheers For Sweet Revenge was actually pretty enjoyable, but there's nothing to The Black Parade
Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.