[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How do I deal with my girlfriend? She only listens to shitty music
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 43
Thread images: 6
She only listens to shitty pop music and some awful trap music. It frustrates me greatly.

She's great in every other way but her music-taste is shit-tier. I tell her she's a pleb and try to get her into some good shit (Swans, Ween, My Bloody Valentine, Tame Impala, Radiohead) and she says it's lame and calls me a hipster.

Fuck that. Music taste does matter. I need someone who understands art. Fuck my life, mu. What do I do? How can I get her into some good shit? She just scoffs at me when I try and show her something experimental.
>>
>>64573457

Most of your music sounds shit as well.
>>
>>64573457
What does she like?

And I agree, taste does matter.
>>
>>64573489

Fetty Wap, Taylor Swift, Kesha, The Beatles, Melanie Martinez, Mac Demarco, 50 Cent, Katy Perry, Oasis, Of Mice & Men

Mostly poppy garbage and some rap shit.
>>
>>64573498
aside from fetty slop and taylor shit she has better taste than you faggot
>>
introduce her to some entry level "indie" like early coldplay, strokes, arctic monkeys, franz ferdinand
>>
I broke with my gf yesterday because of this

thing is, she didn't want to have sex, so if you are having sex just stay with her faget
>>
>>64573546

We've never had sex though. Not until marriage.

>>64573519

LOL Not at all.

>>64573534

I've tried but she mostly just passes. She only got into Mac Demarco cause of me and Crystal Castles. Otherwise she doesn't care about others I think.
>>
>>64573534
This, it's where most people start on getting a more refined taste.

Or, you could just respect that not everyone is as interested in music as an art form as you - just like you may not like movies as much as other people. Some people simply see it as a fun, energetic, background music that makes them feel happy or whatever.
>>
>>64573625

Wrong, anon. I'm huge into movies as well as music, reading, photography and art overall. It's always intrigued me. I hate when others just look at it at surface level... like with music, it's my life. All I do for 6+ hours every day (and have for years) is come on here to find more music, add to library of 27,343 songs and continue to listen, analyze and love a new album and enjoy each experience every day. I do the same with beautiful movies I find and paintings I buy. You obviously understand this as we love music but normies/people who don't get it just annoy me. Music is everything.
>>
>>64573625
>Or, you could just respect that not everyone is as interested in music as an art form as you - just like you may not like movies as much as other people. Some people simply see it as a fun, energetic, background music that makes them feel happy or whatever.
I'm not op, but like..
>I'm into music (duh, we're on /mu/), I'm into playing an instrument, I'm into making music with a pc
if you don't like these things it's ok but

>I'm into movies (my favourites are from the 50s)
>I'm into books (Dostoevsky is literally the best)
>I'm into tv series (classics from HBO)
>I'm into playing vidiya (including roguelike and gsg)

I've many interests, and I'm not say I'm a guru of these, but holy fuck if I find a single girl that has .. not perfect.. but FUCKING AT LEAST NICE tastes in any of these topics

truth is, they don't fucking care about the arts, and that pisses me off
>>
You can Consider yourself as happy, my girlfriend doesnt even Listen to music at all and i mean not even in youtube Ort spotify she doesnt Listen to music at all
>>
This shit literally does not matter at all. Don't let it bother you so much.
>>
>>64573457
Bruh. It's not worth arguing over. She'll like you more if you shut the fuck up about your music and let her enjoy her own shit.
>>
Most women have shit taste in music man... it's how it goes.

No sex before marriage? That's more cringe than this music situation.
>>
>>64574660

How nigguh? I respect my women
>>
Look, the most important thing is her. If she doesn't open her mind to other types of music, every effort you make is pointless.
Is she really interested in listening to other forms of music?
>>
>>64573457
This is subtle bait
>>
File: Love_-_forever_changes.jpg (29 KB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
Love_-_forever_changes.jpg
29 KB, 500x500
>>64574727
You can still respect a woman while fucking the shit out of here, unless you're some faggy religious kook.
>>
>>64573457

The only women who like good music are the ones you wouldn't want to be in a relationship with.
>>
>>64573457
Are you a cuck? You girlfriend listens to trap over Lame Impala. All the girls listen to Lame Impala
>>
>>64573579
bra she's fucking mandingo while listening to feddywapp. Don't fool yourself man.
>>
>>64573668
>I hate when others just look at it at surface level
That's on you though. You can't change what other people feel about that.
>>
>>64573498
She has better tas
te than you.

Eclectic millenial pop/trap taste > entry level bullshit
>>
>>64573668
This is copypasta
>>
>>64573684
Are you in high school?

This is highschool-core
>>
>>64573457
OP are you a fucking moron? She has her own tastes and you yours. Swans, MBV and Ween are not "good shit" according to popular opinion. And desu mate, all of our music taste in /mu/ is pretty damn shit, but we just think it's good.
>>
>>64573457
>She's great in every other way but her music-taste is shit-tier. I tell her she's a pleb and try to get her into some good shit (Swans, Ween, My Bloody Valentine, Tame Impala, Radiohead) and she says it's lame and calls me a hipster.
This might be because you are a hipster.
>recommending her /mu/-core only
>lacking any personal taste
>>
you fucking retards this is obvious bait
>>
File: feel bag.png (6 KB, 205x246) Image search: [Google]
feel bag.png
6 KB, 205x246
>>64573457
Don't just push her into the deep end, teach her to swim.
In other words, before you make her listen to To Be Kind on full blast, find something that connects with her tastes already. If she likes Taylor Swift, show her some Bjork. If she likes Mac Demarco, show her some Nick Drake or Elliot Smith.
You know like I would do for my girlfriend.

If I had one.
>>
>>64573579
Mac DeMarco and Crystal Castles is p good senpai. Some people just don't like experimental music. Sorry.
>>
>>64573457
SHE LIKES LOUD AND HAPPY MUSIC
YOU LIKE QUIET AND SAD MUSIC
YOU BOTH HAVE SHIT TASTE ANYWAY

THAT'S ALL THERE IS TO IT
>>
I'm in the weird position where my boyfriend says he doesn't like music and only listens to dad rock.
>>
>>64578115
>If she likes Taylor Swift, show her some Bjork
>wonders why he has no gf
>>
>>64573668
Jesus mate piss off
>>
>>64573668
Delicious pasta
>>
>>64573457
nice """lowkey""" bait
but if you're serious
please don't be autistic and try to force her to listen to music she's not interested in, just give her some songs she might like that are poppy and easy to listen to
>>
>>64578115
>teach her to swim
>>
>>64573457
>Swans, Ween, My Bloody Valentine, Tame Impala, Radiohead
that stuff is pretty lame, hipter
>>
This is bait, but why I never understood how can people become a couple without having certain traits in common. Music taste is one of the main points.
>>
I'm in the same position as you anon. I'm dating a girls go really likes me but music is very important to me, I'm not even an elitist but she's just not into music at all. The thing is I play in a very serious indie band and that's my life really, all I do is play shows, go to gigs, listen to music, talk about it etc and if she just can't do that with me then what's the point. The trouble is all the usual hipster chicks i meet just sleep with me while listening to my bloody valentine but never want anything serious while the basic girls want relationships but I just can't get over how basic they are being both a musician and a visual artist it's too important.
>>
whats wrong with mac demarco?
>>
File: 1689852.jpg (4 KB, 143x150) Image search: [Google]
1689852.jpg
4 KB, 143x150
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QNipumgHpnI
Thread replies: 43
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.