[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What does /mu/ think about this album? I can't decide whether
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 38
Thread images: 2
File: The_king_of_limbs.jpg (46 KB, 250x250) Image search: [Google]
The_king_of_limbs.jpg
46 KB, 250x250
What does /mu/ think about this album? I can't decide whether i like it or not.
>>
Top3 Radiohead and by far their most creative album
>>
>>64567699
took a bit to grow on me but for sure not as bad as some people make it out to be. It has a few miss moments (Feral, while groovy, is admittedly disposable, and Little by Little still doesn't sit quite right) but the moments that hit rank among the best in Radiohead's entire discography (Bloom, Lotus Flower, Codex, Give Up The Ghost, and Seperator. 5/8 ain't bad).
The B-sides for the album could've replaced/lengthened it a good deal, though. It's a shame they didn't find their own way on.
>>
>>64567979
>took a bit to grow on me
Wait, so...you guys will listen to a song and not know whether or not you liked it until you listen a few more times? That's so weird. Does that carry over into every aspect of your daily life? I can't imagine how hard it must be for people like you to form opinions on things. Like someone asks you if you like the food you're eating and you go, "Gee I dunno, I need to eat it three more times." If you got raped would the experience be completely neutral for you until you got raped some more? Jesus, what blank slates of men you are. To think that your cognitive ability, not to mention your faith thereof, is so pathetically nonexistent that you hesitate to determine whether or not you enjoy something for fear of being incorrect in your judgment. It baffles the mind. I'm getting dumber just thinking of it. Fuck. Please tell me you're not serious. I don't think I can share a board--nay, a planet--with the likes of such spineless, cowardly weaklings.

>golly gee, timmy york's cord porgressions are so unfathomably complex 0_o ...gonna take a few more listens t o complete my extensive theoretical analysis (all internalized and unrecorded, of course :P ))! maybe mommy will give me good boy points for comprehending the great intricacies underlying yorky dork and the radheads!!

I hate you. I hate everything you stand for. I hate the way you have infiltrated the once good nature of this board, and I hate the opinions you have yet to form. For my sake, for everyone's sake, please never post again. I realize you'll have to read this at least six more times to fully grasp the meaning behind these words, but once you do I sincerely hope you leave. Permanently.
>>
>>64568060
what
>>
>>64568060
this
>>
>>64567900
nailed it
>>
>>64568060
food and rape aren't the same as music you fucking retarded faggot
>>
>>64569391
Wait no i change my mind this is a pasta, innit?

Where'd this originate from?
>>
>>64569420

>>64562553
>>
Seriously cannot wrap my head around the concept of not knowing whether or not I enjoy something.
>>
I thought it was good, the first half apart from Bloom is pretty weak though
>>
>Bloom - Feral
10/10
>Lotus Flower-Separator
7/10
>>
>>64567699
>can't decide whether I like it or not
That should be enough for you famalam. It's shit
>>
>>64569506
>Bloom - Give up the Ghost
10/10
>Separator
6/10
>>
>>64569506
honestly I think it's all 10/10 except LBL
which itself is nice enough, but it just totally kills the mood of the rest of the album

goddammit why do they always do that
>>
>>64568060
Why did you post THIS
>>
>>64567699
Give Up the Ghost is quite possibly my favorite Radiohead song.

It's up there with the best of their albums. (Kid A > OKC > IR or TKoL)
>>
is king of limbs gone on spotify for anyone else?
>>
>>64570326
For me too
>>
>>64569594
People like the hippy chant of Give Up The Ghost?

It just plods around for several minutes doing nothing until the end injects just a little life into it.
>>
>>64570326
what the fuck why would they remove it?
>>
>>64568060
Niice pastA
>>
>>64568060
love de new3 pssta
>>
>>64567699
The only one I don't like is Codex, I almost think it'd work better as a shorter, instrumental lead in to Give Up the Ghost, or scrap it entirely. They also should have went with a more live feeling with Bloom, the Basement version is perfect.
>>
i fucking love TKOL - Bloom, Separator and Codex are all top-tier Radiohead, and Morning Mr Magpie, LBL are also great. The only two tracks I don't care for on the album are Lotus Flower and Feral, the former cause it's groovier live and it ruined the studio version for me, and the latter cause it's just not my thing.

i think the general opinion on TKOL here is either people love it or hate it, but it's my second favourite album from then and i still haven't got bored of listening to it, so
>>
the only song on the album as good as daily mail / staircase is magpie. tkol from the basement is great though
>>
It's a perfectly fine album that got raked through the coals because it dared not to be groundbreaking or revolutionary
>>
Bland and boring, much like their newest album.

Radiohead meme is over, plebs. They stopped being good after Kid A.
>>
I like it but you're delusional if you think its one of their best
>>
File: 1459630767872.png (188 KB, 700x709) Image search: [Google]
1459630767872.png
188 KB, 700x709
Bloom and Feral are GOAT-tier Bloopiohead tunes.

The rest I could take or leave.
>>
>>64569470
This.

It's like as if you were eating something and then you had to ask the people next to you if you're enjoying it?
>>
7/10 at best and that's being generous

Too slow-paced and not enough payoff.

Also too short and their second worst album art.
>>
>>64573054
You've never been divided on something before? Must be nice for everything to be so clearcut for you.
>>
>>64573138

Life must be hard being a Sorta Suzie, huh?
>>
It was my first Radiohead album and honestly, it's good. Not quite great, and I'd go on to like The Bends through In Rainbows more but TKOL is fine on its own merits. Really should've had Supercollider and Staircase on it, though.
>>
>>64569470
Grow up a bit. Music changes over time.
Many years ago i heard a cd in a friend's lounge room that sounded to me like LA rock but kind of orchestrally arranged. It seemed a bit noisy and edgy, discordant but i liked the way the idiotic parts fit together to make a whole.
A few tracks later there was a spoken part by Henry Rollins, whose voice i recognized just as i was thinking i really liked the way the song slowed down into an intense sort of address by a quiet voice.
Turns out it was Tool's Undertow i was listening to and that first song seems to have morphed over the years as my understanding of it, music in general and I have changed. I can totally understand not liking something immediately, then coming to love it. If your appreciation of everything is violent, extreme and dramatically black and white then damn son.
>>
>>64569420
itsa fresh-a-bitta pasta
Thread replies: 38
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.