[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>Listen to song once >That was kind of underwhelming >Listen
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 30
File: Thom-Yorke-009.jpg (29 KB, 460x276) Image search: [Google]
Thom-Yorke-009.jpg
29 KB, 460x276
>Listen to song once
>That was kind of underwhelming

>Listen to song several more times
>Holy shit, this is actually amazing

How does he do it bros?
>>
you forced yourself to like it
>>
stockholm syndrome
>>
>>64560131
>your first impression is your true opinion XD
Fucking retard
>>
>>64560131
>>64560152
/v/ gtfo
>>
>>64560131
>>64560152
do people actually think this
>>
>>64560111
It's mediocre. Radiohead as a band are well past their prime, and certainly aren't putting out any music worth listening to at this point. Try to explore interesting new music that isn't being carried by the artist's early years and hype alone.
>>
>>64560167
the fuck does /v/ have to do with anything you shithead
>>
This song is amazing tho. Radiohead has lost some songwriting chops over the years, but they are masters in instrumentation, arrangement and sound production. It just sounds so effortlessly powerful.

I was dancing in my room like crasy desu
>>
>>64560234
by saying shit like "you like it because you forced yourself to like it", "you like it but it's actually artificial fun that you are having", "you like it but soon you will realise that you actually don't", etc
>>
>>64560111
radiohead's voice is really good. sometimes it takes a whole to get used to his voice
>>
basically just another rung in the ladder of a downward spiral that radiohead is building out of the industry
>>
>>64560153
Thinking there is something as "your true opinion"
>>
Whenever I see the phrase "Burn the witch" I just think of this video

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fvozYm3S-kw
>>
File: 2a7.png (571 KB, 1000x814) Image search: [Google]
2a7.png
571 KB, 1000x814
>>64560131
I didn't like the following bands the first time I listened to them:

Radiohead
Modest Mouse
Arcade Fire
Neutral Milk Hotel
The Beatles
LCD Soundsystem
Kendrick Lamar

IMO It definitely takes more than one listen of a song/album to really begin to appreciate/like it, with anything really.
>>
you forced yourself to like it

t. a former radiohead fan who realized i was forcing myself to like their pleb shit
>>
i've never liked radiohead and i didn't like this song
i understand why people do like them though
>>
It is pretty great, but not as GOAT as Separator or Backdrifts.
>>
>>64562385

Separator is the worst song on KoL.
>>
>>64562278
what a unique taste you have there anon
>>
>>64562439
Separator is the best song on their discography and you know it
>>
people who unironically dislike this need to listen to more chamber music imo, it's Radiohead taking it on and conquering it as per

idk it's just a great tune
>>
>>64562439
wrong
>>
Personally I think this song is about how those who don't conform are ostracized, or something like that.
>>
>>64562444
not necessarily trying to be unique
honestly it's pretty par for the course on /mu/
>>
>>64562439

That's a funny way of spelling Codex. Shit sounds like a Pyramid Song rough draft.
>>
>>64560225
you haven't even heard the album yet, for we know it could be their greatest
>>
Honestly, the strings make the song. If it weren't for that it wouldn't be that good. Hell, it could be JUST the strings and it would be great.
>>
>>64560111
>>64560153
>>64560167
>>64560173
>>64560332
>>64562278
Wait, so...you guys will listen to a song and not know whether or not you liked it until you listen a few more times? That's so weird. Does that carry over into every aspect of your daily life? I can't imagine how hard it must be for people like you to form opinions on things. Like someone asks you if you like the food you're eating and you go, "Gee I dunno, I need to eat it three more times." If you got raped would the experience be completely neutral for you until you got raped some more? Jesus, what blank slates of men you are. To think that your cognitive ability, not to mention your faith thereof, is so pathetically nonexistent that you hesitate to determine whether or not you enjoy something for fear of being incorrect in your judgment. It baffles the mind. I'm getting dumber just thinking of it. Fuck. Please tell me you're not serious. I don't think I can share a board--nay, a planet--with the likes of such spineless, cowardly weaklings.

>golly gee, timmy york's cord porgressions are so unfathomably complex 0_o ...gonna take a few more listens t o complete my extensive theoretical analysis (all internalized and unrecorded, of course :P ))! maybe mommy will give me good boy points for comprehending the great intricacies underlying yorky dork and the radheads!!

I hate you. I hate everything you stand for. I hate the way you have infiltrated the once good nature of this board, and I hate the opinions you have yet to form. For my sake, for everyone's sake, please never post again. I realize you'll have to read this at least six more times to fully grasp the meaning behind these words, but once you do I sincerely hope you leave. Permanently.

As a side note:
>>64562531
>Honestly
Die.
>>
Qué buena Quemar La Bruja
>>
>>64560111
placebo effect, OP
>>
>>64560131
this
Burn the Witch is totally unforgettable

Emotionless adult contemporary
>>
>>64562553
Hi there!

You seem to have made a bit of a mistake in your post. Luckily, the users of 4chan are always willing to help you clear this problem right up! You appear to have used a tripcode when posting, but your identity has nothing at all to do with the conversation! Whoops! You should always remember to stop using your tripcode when the thread it was used for is gone, unless another one is started! Posting with a tripcode when it isn't necessary is poor form. You should always try to post anonymously, unless your identity is absolutely vital to the post that you're making!

Now, there's no need to thank me - I'm just doing my bit to help you get used to the anonymous image-board culture!
>>
>>64562553

Chill out yr memery bro, go for a bike ride or something, take a xanny my dude
>>
>>64562553
who wants to bet this lad doesn't even finish albums before rating them on rym
>>
>>64562605
*totally forgettable
>>
>>64562605
can you rephrase into proper grammar that for those of us not disabled
>>
File: ur a faggot.png (322 KB, 420x420) Image search: [Google]
ur a faggot.png
322 KB, 420x420
>>64562553

so if you try something new and you don't like every aspect of it you just drop it?

the new radiohead song isn't as bad as rape. if I eat something I absolutely fucking hate I won't touch it again, but if there were enough things about it to like it'd be worth trying again.
>>
>>64562464
>Discography

would have forgiven you for saying best on KoL but thier whole fucking discography?

you must be jking
>>
>>64562622
Am I the only one who listens to only half an album?

If 51% of it is shit then that's still majority shit. Not worth listening to the rest.
>>
>>64562553

I hated Amnesiac with a passion the first time I heard it with the sole exception of Knives Out. Now I think it's a great album and Knives Out is my favorite song from the band. Another album that took time to grow on me was Katatonia's Discouraged Ones. Sometimes an album just grows on you, sometimes your first impression of an album isn't the most lasting. You hardly ever catch all the details of music on first listen, after all.
>>
>>64562622
Of course I do, because it doesn't take me multiple listens to come to a conclusion.

>>64562648
If I listen to a mediocre song, I recognize its mediocrity. That's all.
>>
>>64562553
how much butt hurt could a hurt butt hurt?
>>
>>64560225
like whom, for example?
>>
>>64562670

I certainly hope you are because that's fucking stupid.
>>
>>64562677
>sometimes an album just grows on you
this is how I felt about Yeezus. I thought it was a joke the first two times I heard it. And then I fell in love.
>>
>>64562684

I hope you're not trolling because it's fun to think about people as stupid as you having so much self confidence

Makes me feel like I can easily fake it, too
>>
>>64560111
i don't know. those strings are great. i love the way they turn sour and build up at the end.
>>
>>64562727

Yeezus is an album I just plain don't like. I gave it 3 listens and another right before TLOP came out and I just do not see much of worth in it.
>>
>>64562553
OH NO SOME GUY ON THE INTERNET TOLD ME TO NEVER POST ON THIS BOARD AGAIN OH NO WHAT WILL I DO?!
>>
>>64562669
Now, tell me 5 songs that are better than Separator.
And no, whole albums doesn't count, try to judge a song by its own merit.
>>
>>64562464

i think we just discovered a level beyond full retard
>>
Please stop talking about this pleb band. This board is Scaruffi territory now.
>>
The strings and vocals are top tier.
The drums and synths are terrible
>>
>>64562831
>Bloom
>Give up the Ghost
>Weird Fishes
>Everything in its Right Place
>The Tourist

I really like Separator but come on
>>
>>64562831

Not him but There There, How To Disappear Completely, Nude, Paranoid Android and Street Spirit.
>>
File: 1454994322688.jpg (9 KB, 156x134) Image search: [Google]
1454994322688.jpg
9 KB, 156x134
So I did a thing.
https://soundcloud.com/dielambasted/burn-the-witch-radiohead-cover

Fail or ok? I did it because someone said I sounded like yorke, another said billy corgan... I thought I sounded like a nail on a chalkboard.

Gave it more of an old style alternative rock vibe. Kinda rushed though (it's acoustic).

Really liked the song, just thought it needed more rockiness to it.
>>
>>64560131
btfo, fpbp
>>
>>64562831
not him and i love separator but
knives out
airbag
htdc
there there
pyramid song
>>
>>64562831
climbing up the walls
wolf at the door
paranoid android
let down
how to disappear completely
everything in its right place
idioteque
i might be wrong
packt like sardines in a crushed tin box

waht is it with the fascination with codex, seperator and give up the ghost? they're the most simplistic songs. codex's piano isn't crazy enough to have an off rhytrhm rhythm, and it's too convoluted to have a decent melody.
>>
>>64562553
This is funny.
>>
>>64562831

Hell, you know what? Fuck it, I'll name 5 better songs FROM THE 2010's.

Bloom
Lotus Flower
Staircase
Supercollider
Ful Stop
>>
>>64562928
>>64562932
>>64562969
You are all right.
Taste is subjective.
>>
>>64562956
pretty good for so early anon. enunciate words more though, you're even harder to hear than thom
>>
>>64562831

I can do this even limiting it to album closers

Blow Out
The Tourist
Life In A Glasshouse
Wolf At The Door
Videotape
>>
>>64560225
this would be true if In Rainbows wasnt beautiful and TKOL wasnt decent
>>
>>64563046
I have a mumbling problem I think.

Plus it's very early morning (infact it's no longer early morning... I probably should sleep)

The song could be alot darker than what it was.
>>
>>64563019
you are on the right path on becoming a sane /mu/ user, taste is subjective please understand this people
>>
>>64563076
in rainbow was their 3rd worst release. its a collection of simplistic pop songs with one or two exceptions that fans overpraise because they'ree starved for good, original tracks. that guy was right, radiohead's best albums were between 1997 and 2003.
>>
>>64563019

Nice backpedal, LOSER
>>
>>64562831
>The Amazing Sounds of Orgy
>Polyethylene
>Bishop's Robes
>Up on the Ladder
>>
>>64562553
With most my favorite music it's taken multiple listens, but they never get old and my enjoyment is typically more acute. The songs I immediately catch on to usually run out of replay steam after a little while.
>>
>>64563138
whoops forgot the fifth one

>Talk Show Host
>>
>>64563069

Now this I disagree with. I don't think Seperator is one if their better songs but I do think it's one of their better closers.
>>
File: 1456787125362.png (313 KB, 506x518) Image search: [Google]
1456787125362.png
313 KB, 506x518
>>64562553
>>
>>64562831
jesus, i can pick 5 better songs from TKOL alone

bloom
feral
give up the ghost
morning mr magpie
lotus flower
>>
>>64563069
Separator is the third best closer after Wolf At The Door and The Tourist.
>>
>>64562553
This is what happens when 14 year olds think they're intellectuals.
>>
>>64563176
You went full retarded dude.
Please leave
>>
>>64563181
>the tourist
>good
when will this meme end?
wolf > life in a glasshouse > motion picture soundtrack > videotape > seperator > the tourist
>>
>>64563176
jesus, i can pick 5 better songs from 2016 alone
burn the witch
burn the witch
spectre
hot head
burn the witch
>>
>>64563069
>names best closers

>doesn't list Motion Picture Soundtrack
please tell me you just forgot and not purposefully left it out.
>>
>>64563113

I somewhat disagree with this. IR is a mid tier Radiohead album IMO in part because it lacks the fire from the era you mentioned, but at the same time their songwriting was never tighter and their synthesis of rock and electrionic elements never more seamless. On a strictly executional level I'd call it their most mature record to date.
>>
so..many...faggots
geez, we're in /mu/ not /b/ or any of the other queer boards
>>
/v/ here
radiohead was better when they had guitars
>>
>>64562831
Separator is one of my favorites, but

>Everything in its Right Place
>Let Down
>Street Spirit (Fade Out)
>Reckoner
>Like Spinning Plates

runners up that are also better
>Paranoid Android, No Surprises, The National Anthem, Life in a Glass House, Idioteque, Jigsaw Falling into Place, There There, Pyramid Song
>>
>>64563353

Radiohead never lost them. Nearly half of Kid A prominently featured guitars and everything after is even more of a rock record.
>>
File: nice.jpg (43 KB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
nice.jpg
43 KB, 500x500
>>64563353
check out ed's new guitar
>>
The verses bore me, but the chorus rocks my fucking world. It sounds so grandiose, especially the "We know where you liiiiiiive" line. And obviously the strings make the song. Disappointed with the drums, but they could sound worse.
I'm overall pretty pleased with the song and looking forward to the album. It seems like it will blend what each band member has been uniquely working on during the hiatus (Thom's bleep bloops, Jonny's classical, etc.).
>>
>>64562278
Any enjoyment of value is a learned one. Candy, fast food and generic is ok the first time you try it. Wine, classical music or finer foods are usually not nice the first time you try it, simply due to them being different. Tastes must be aquried, learned and experienced. Nothing of value takes zero effort.
>>
>>64563367
10/10 taste in Radiohead
>>
>>64562553

Check out this little edgefag kek
>>
>>64563220

1. Street Spirit
2. Blow Out
3. Wolf At The Door
4. Videotape
5. Seperator

POWER GAP

6. Life In A Glasshouse
7. Motion Picture Soundtrack
8. The Tourist

Swear to God, those bottom 3 might be THE most overrated songs in Radiohead's discography. Reckoner might give one of them a run for its money.
>>
>>64563367
>Jigsaw Falling into Place
Can't stand that one.

Otherwise exactly my taste.
>>
>>64562553
this is how copypastas are born
>>
>>64560152
That's by Muse not Radiohead dude
>>
>>64560111
Just listened to it. Am now officially uber hyped for album, especially the song that comes after because of that exit. For anyone who is confused, you are the crowd that is burning the witch in the song. Just thinking of this made the whole thing click and I get it
>>
>>64562605
>Burn the Witch is totally unforgettable
How the eff?

I've memorised the whole thing already.
>>
File: image.jpg (279 KB, 640x640) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
279 KB, 640x640
dessappinted desu famia

was expecting more grand amazing stuff
>>
>>64562385
Both of those songs are worst on album, fucking lol!
>>
>>64560111
i'm so fucking upset. this album is gonna be shit if it all sounds like this.
this song sounds like TKOL part 2: electric boogaloo with added strings n shit and a pinch of the negative aspects of HTTT.
>>
>>64562831
This is such an easy as pie task I now ignore your request and rephrase it as personal Radiohead top 5.
>Pulk/Pull Revolving Door
>Life In A Glasshouse
>Everything In It's Right Place
>Bloom
>Paranoid Android
>>
>>64562553
This person is right and I'm guilty of everything stated here.

Not even being sarcastic, I am such a degenerate.
>>
>>64563181
Naw, it's not even top 5, y'all.
Ok Computer
Kid A
Amnesiac
Hail to the Thief
In Rainbows
all had better closers.
>>
>>64563353
dunno about this as a blanket statement, but god dammit if Burn the Witch could've just had some guitar in it.
>>
>>64563353
yep that's /v/ alright..
>>
>>64562553
You're without question among the five stupidest persons I've seen write or speak in the past five years of my life.
>>
Optimistic is the most underrated Radiohead track.
>>
>>64563367
>let down
Wow, I thought I was the only one who liked this song.

Great taste anon.
>>
>>64563138
Wow, B sides, nice work friendo. You left out
Palo Alto
Permanent Daylight
Fog (again)
Gagging Order
A reminder
How can you be sure?
And the excellent Talk Show Host.

Seriously, the standardof these Bsides shows the standardof the band.
>>
General question.
Why didn't they included Daily Mail on KOL?
burn the witch kinda has a same vibe.

On the other hand i'm waiting for lift
>>
>>64562553
yes to all of this unironically
>>
>>64563220
>>64563491

>wolf
>good

Nice try. Objective rankings are:
1. Street Spirit
2. The Tourist
3.Glasshouse
4. MPS
5. Seperator
6. Blow out
7. Videotape
8. Wolf

Honourable mentions to Palo Alto and TrueLove Waits too. Creep acoustic can fuck off.
>>
File: lossy thom.jpg (35 KB, 480x360) Image search: [Google]
lossy thom.jpg
35 KB, 480x360
i think it somewhat sacrilege to release radiohead in something other than 320/flac . . this is really not adequate quality for such a juggernaut of music and human consciousness. but i do appreciate you doing it, but like, would we upload Swans and not put flac? same diff.
>>
File: thom yorke.jpg (57 KB, 514x508) Image search: [Google]
thom yorke.jpg
57 KB, 514x508
secret 10/10 radiohead tunes:

Dollars and Cents
Knives Out
The Butcher
True Love Waits
Optimistic
Sail to the Moon
Lucky
Faust Arp
Go Slowly
Skirting on the Surface
>>
>>64563952
So close to the best openers. I'll give it a shot:

1. Airbag
2. Everything.
3.packt
4. Bloom
5. 2+2=5
6. Planet Telex
7. You
8. 15 step (really don't get desu senpai)
>>
>>64564061
Yes
>>
>>64562553
Wait, so... are you so bullheaded and stuck in your preconceptions that you can't understand why someone would require repeat listens to a song/album/artist to appreciate it? Does this carry into every aspect of your life? If someone does something that you don't like, do you then immediately decide that you will never ever like them? Do you often quit your jobs (kek) on the first day? Jesus, what a smug prick you are. Enjoy making snap judgements about everything and everyone, and never learning or enjoying anything beyond immediately gratifying stimuli.
>>
>>64563952
top 5:
let down
climbing up the walls
optimistic
paranoid android
sit down stand up
>>
>>64564096

Everyone loves Let Down, it' s one of the most common picks around here. Hell, it's my favorite on OKC.

>>64564195

Wolf is a great song but the problem is that it isn't really a great closer. It just kinda leaves me waiting for track 15 or something. That said, I do like how the album starts knee deep in shit with 2+2=5 and ends in even deeper shit with Wolf.
>>
>>64564267

1. EIIRP
2. 2+2=5
3. 15 Step
4. Packt
5. Bloom
6. Planet Telex
7. Airbag
8. You
>>
>>64562677
>I hated Amnesiac with a passion the first time I heard it with the sole exception of Knives Out.

That's odd. Knives Out was one of the hardest songs for me to get into out of that record. It's only after repeated listens that I managed to get through it.
>>
File: thom-yorke-promo-650x400.jpg (47 KB, 650x400) Image search: [Google]
thom-yorke-promo-650x400.jpg
47 KB, 650x400
That Radiohead song is garbage. It sounds like Coldplay with a didgeridoo thrown in to make it artier. It's been sitting around since Kid A and it wasn't good enough for that album, nor any of the albums they've made since, and it isn't good now. It's devoid of risk, sullenly egotistical and worst of all, boring. But because they deleted their internet presence before releasing it, because it's got a trite video just unsettling enough to bother nobody, because it's Radiohead, it will be showered with praise and hype.
>>
I'll settle that science for you
True top 5:
Exit music
Nude
Paranoid android
Street spirit
Kid A (no not the album)

No one can achieve greater enlightenment until you realize these are the top.

Honorable underdog mentions-
Morning bell(kid a version)
Knives out
Subterranean homesick alien
Scatterbrain
Sail to the moon
>>
>>64564540

I loved the bleak lyrics and intertwining guitar melodies from the get-go. Honestly, if it weren't for that track I might've given up wholesale on the album. It was more or less the only reason I came back to it at all. Eventually the whole thing clicked though so all's well that ends well.
>>
>>64562607
expert use of pasta, right here.
>>
>>64564627
except for that it's basically just Paranoid Android played a little differently
>>
>>64564602
exit music and paranoid sure, but fucking kid a? nude? what is this list? climbing up the walls should be there, at least in underdog mentions
>>
>>64564599

I dunno man, the strings on it are nice and it's good to hear a paranoid as fuck Thom again.
>>
>>64564602
Unpopular opinion: Nude was the worst track off of In Rainbows
>>
>>64564599
>It's devoid of risk, sullenly egotistical and worst of all, boring. But because they deleted their internet presence before releasing it, because it's got a trite video just unsettling enough to bother nobody, because it's Radiohead, it will be showered with praise and hype.
fuck i just realized this
>>
>>64564675
agreed
>>
>>64564654

Paranoid Android is also a great song with great melodies so whatever.
>>
>>64564599
>It sounds like Coldplay with a didgeridoo thrown in to make it artier
God dammit.

Thom really understands memes and how these posts will positively affect the album.

>make dumb meme insult
>people cringe and react by liking the alternative

Nice.

Not that I care, I honestly liked the song so much I covered it.
>>
>>64564654
Not who you replied to, but I'm pretty ok with that. I really enjoy those bouncy, dance-like guitars.
>>
>>64564675

> Nude
> not Reckoner

If you're gonna unpopular opinion then do it right.
>>
>>64564662
>it's good to hear a paranoid as fuck Thom again.
That was unavoidable.

The whole world is paranoid right now. It's fucked.
>>
>>64564655
>he's never enjoyed a car ride home late at night with kid a gently pulsing in his ears
Have you even lived?
>>
>>64560225
They're literally only one album removed from In Rainbows, which was their best.

It's too early to tell whether LP9 will be great or shit. Burn the Witch could be this album's Electioneering.
>>
>>64564627
That makes entire sense. In all honesty, I disliked the song for the very same reasons you listed. I guess I wasn't in the right mood to listen to such a foreboding record as Amnesiac.
>>
>>64564599
Agreed

Don't forget about the soulfully sassy vocals. I guess I've heard the likings of that before with Yorkes vocals, but this time, it just seemed slightly more granddadish to me.

The tank is running on fumes
>>
>>64564061
YES
>>
>>64564655
Climbing up the walls is in no way an underdog. Everyone knows it's good
>>
File: thom-yorke[1].jpg (64 KB, 600x368) Image search: [Google]
thom-yorke[1].jpg
64 KB, 600x368
/hm/ here, radiohead was better when thm didn't look like a forest troll
>>
>>64563181
Wolf At The Door is great in the scope of their catalogue and GOAT in the scope of HTTT
>>
>>64563220
switch the tourist and separator and you've done it lad
>>
>>64564379
agree w that wolfpinion
>>
>>64564793

It's actually divisive, apparently. I see people around here shit on it just as much as I see praise for it. I've seen it be called OKC's worst several times here. Never seen a single explanation for it, though.
>>
>>64562553
The amount of sand in your vagina must be staggering. You poor soul.
>>
>>64563367
My brother. Let down doesn't get the respect it deserves.
>>
>>64562553
This is good bait. Well done, tripfriend.
>>
Tbqh I don't like Seperator that much. I love the rest of TKOL (even Give Up the Ghost) but I just can't stop being bored by Seperator.
>>
>>64562684
If you aren't baiting, how does it feel to be actually retarded? Like, I really do pity you.
>>
File: image.jpg (88 KB, 1000x802) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
88 KB, 1000x802
>>64562553
Dude
>>
>>64564953

I couldn't possibly be bored with Seperator after the TKOL pt. 2 fiasco.
>>
>>64562831
Yes hello I would also like to give you my personal Radiohead top 5

>Pyramid Song
>The National Anthem
>Lucky
>Jigsaw Falling Into Place
>Life in a Glass House
>>
File: lmao.png (6 KB, 1758x42) Image search: [Google]
lmao.png
6 KB, 1758x42
Eloquent deconstruction courtesy of /v/
>>
>>64564599
this is already gonna be a pasta
>>
>>64562831
>Let Down
>Street Spirit (Fade Out)
>Like Spinning Plates
>There There
>Life in a Glasshosue
>>
>>64562553
do less
>>
>>64564061
Fog tho
>>
>>64562553
So have you never been depressed?, if you ever do feel sad i expect you'll just kill yourself instantly. I hope you get sad.
>>
>>64562891
i found the opposite to be true

predictable vocals and lyrics
forgettable strings

novel synth
driving drums
>>
>>64562553
Ctrl+C
aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaand
Wait, so...you guys will listen to a song and not know whether or not you liked it until you listen a few more times? That's so weird. Does that carry over into every aspect of your daily life? I can't imagine how hard it must be for people like you to form opinions on things. Like someone asks you if you like the food you're eating and you go, "Gee I dunno, I need to eat it three more times." If you got raped would the experience be completely neutral for you until you got raped some more? Jesus, what blank slates of men you are. To think that your cognitive ability, not to mention your faith thereof, is so pathetically nonexistent that you hesitate to determine whether or not you enjoy something for fear of being incorrect in your judgment. It baffles the mind. I'm getting dumber just thinking of it. Fuck. Please tell me you're not serious. I don't think I can share a board--nay, a planet--with the likes of such spineless, cowardly weaklings.

>golly gee, timmy york's cord porgressions are so unfathomably complex 0_o ...gonna take a few more listens t o complete my extensive theoretical analysis (all internalized and unrecorded, of course :P ))! maybe mommy will give me good boy points for comprehending the great intricacies underlying yorky dork and the radheads!!

I hate you. I hate everything you stand for. I hate the way you have infiltrated the once good nature of this board, and I hate the opinions you have yet to form. For my sake, for everyone's sake, please never post again. I realize you'll have to read this at least six more times to fully grasp the meaning behind these words, but once you do I sincerely hope you leave. Permanently.
>>
>>64562553
you will never be this mad
>>
>>64564675
Finally someone says it

Here's another: they ruined Videotape. Listen to any live recording from the tour they did the year before In Rainbows came out and you'll hear a 1000x better version of Videotape
>>
>>64565429

Radiohead has admitted to having no fucking clue what to do with Videotape. They tried a shitton of arrangements apparently and just settled on the one on the album.
>>
>there are people in this thread right now who dont like bodysnatchers
>>
>>64565369

Dude, the strings make the song and the lyrics are basically what would happen if Thom pulled coherent phrases out of the Kid A lyrics hat.
>>
File: ok kid.jpg (9 KB, 239x250) Image search: [Google]
ok kid.jpg
9 KB, 239x250
>>64562553
>>
>>64562553

> when you get BTFO'd so hard there's nothing left to blow out
>>
>>64564267
Move 15 Step to 3 and you nailed it, love every one of there openers though
>>
>>64563220
i used to dislike The Tourist then one day it just randomly clicked with me

it's a fucking goat song now
>>
>>64562553
reddit: the post
>>
>>64562553
you belong in another web site it might be called reddit
>>
>>64562553
you should make text based videos
>>
>>64563790
underrated
>>
Why all the hate on Nude?
>dat intro makes you feel like your floating
>relatable lyrics for all of 4chan, also pretty deep and expand outside of relationships
>the exit is wonderful
>nothing wrong at all
>>
>>64562516
That was his joke
>>
>>64566542

I always found it to be pretty mundane. It's best quality is tying in thematically to Airbag, and it's not even the best airy rock tune on the album - that'd be my next least favorite, Lucky.
>>
>This is a low flying panic attack
what did he mean by this?
>>
>>64566804
>low flying panic attack

Sounds like a terrorist attack.

But I think it's about the state of panic in the world causing severe reactions. It may also question the people behind the whole thing (think New York & "wealthy")
>>
>>64566804
>what did he mean by this?

Absolutely nothing. None of Thom's lyrics have meant anything since at least Kid A, possibly since OKC. It's just pulled from a hat at random bullshit non-sequiturs to make high schoolers think they're 'so deep, maaaan' and it's the most irritating trope in Radiohead's music.
>>
>>64563161
this
>>
>>64562553
>Like someone asks you if you like the food you're eating and you go, "Gee I dunno, I need to eat it three more times.
If it's a flavor or set of flavors that I'm not familiar with, then fuck yeah I will need more time to evaluate it
>>
>>64566774
thematic ties to Airbag?
Explain
>>
>>64567028

The Tourist is before the car crash, Airbag is the aftermath.
>>
>>64564943
this
>>
>>64566732
Fuuuuck

This changes everything
>>
>>64562607
kek. best pasta
>>
>>64566949

They aren't devoid of meaning so much as just very imagery-laden. The stuff from OKC to HTTT has a pretty clear sense of dystopian fearmongering to it all, especially HTTT. IR and TKOL are a bit more aimless but even then songs like Bodysnatchers and Seperator have a clear lyrical direction.
>>
>>64564379
Wolf is a perfect closer
>>
>>64567349

There's no real sense of resolution behind it. The only argument I can think of is that Thom just had his firstborn child around that time, to which yeah Wolf would be a terrifying song to anyone in that position. But at the end of the day that still doesn't really "close" the album.
>>
>>64567187
Cmon really, why?
>>
>>64567187
Cmon really, why?
>>
>>64567187
Cmon really, why?
>>
>>64562608
>dude
>>64563215
>dude
>>64563790
>dude
>>64564982
>Dude
>>64565713
>Dude

chad pls leave
>>
>>64562553
b-boldfaure?
>>
It's like people have never heard minimalism before
>>
>>64568082
>>64568128

>Favorite album of all time, so it obviously means a lot to me
>Airbag & Tourist are two of my favorite tracks
>Fuckin love thematically tying music
>>
So I've listened to this song a couple of times now and I think I've figured out the lyrics

Someone correct me if I'm wrong anywhere please

WIHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA UWEHEYEYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY

IWAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH UWEHEYEYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY

Don't shoot the messenger

WIHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA UWEHEYEYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY

IWAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH UWEHEYEYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY

Quality stuff. Real quality stuff.
>>
File: image.jpg (105 KB, 1024x768) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
105 KB, 1024x768
>>64568133
Dude...
>>
>>64568133

Dude, chill.
>>
>>64568271
>>64568304
lol simply epic XD
>>
>>64562553

Just replying to ebin copypasta.
>>
>>64567228
if by "best" you mean "autistic" then yeah
>>
Listen to three minutes of this & you'll see that they're not really doing anything new here.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XRaa34E8tXQ
>>
great thread /mu/, thanks for reminding of how much of a shithole this place is
>>
>>64560225
I hope you realize the song was written like 12 years ago, when they were in their prime.
>>
File: 1445732445802.gif (2 MB, 480x360) Image search: [Google]
1445732445802.gif
2 MB, 480x360
>>64562553
>>
>>64569159
then maybe there's a good reason they decided to not put in on any records till now
>running out of material much?
>>
>>64569091

Radiohead has never done anything new. They made a few successful rock albums and then proceeded to blend various niche forms of music into a more digestible pop format. They have literally made their career on doing this.
>>
>>64569182

Not him but they sometimes hold onto material for years before releasing it. Motion Picture Soundtrack predates Pablo Honey, for instance. Nude is also a Bends era track if I'm not mistaken.
>>
>>64562553
2 0 1 6 - Birth of a New Meme
>>
>>64560111

>>
>>64562956

This is pretty good anon! We should make a Radiohead tribute album, as a compliation, of /mu/ users. Wouldn't that be great

We should totally DO that
>>
>>64569243
*Ok Computer era
>>
>>64569091
if all music were judged by whether it were doing something new, 99% would be shite
>>
>>64562553
here's your reply
>>
>>64569404

Eh, I was close.
>>
>>64569091
but I do love Terry Riley. good ear, desu
>>
>>64569293
lol, this seems a little over the top. probably bait, and I don't even like the new radiohead if it's at all relevant (it isn't) but tons of recordings reveal new things on repeat listens. granted, more classical than radiohead, but everyone's different. you're just listening to boring music probably
>>
>>64560111
How is it that this man looks like both a pirate, and a hippie. Like qui gon jinn's autistic brother
>>
>>64562553
oh you posted it again
>>
>>64562553
Fresh pasta

>>
i actually never listened to httt, tkol, or amnesiac in full but now that i have and here is my new ranking

1. Kid A
2. OKC
3. IR
4. The Bends
5. TKOL
6. Amnesiac
7. HTTT
8. PH
>>
wheres ed on this
>>
>>64570773
>>64570773
Good god man listen to them a few more times and then come back here.

1. HTTT
2. IR
3. Kid A
4. TKOL
5. OKC
6. The Bends
7. Pablo honey
8. Amnesiac

Amnesiac was their" fuck it we can't decide on a sound so let's just do whatever" attempt of an album.

Ten years and I still can't appreciate it as much as their other releases.
>>
>>64570895
I might be wrong might be one of my favorite songs by them ironically.

I'm also upset with amnesiac because it took me so long to realize there were 6 better songs from the era that are just considered b-sides now.
>>
File: 45191647.gif (706 KB, 126x110) Image search: [Google]
45191647.gif
706 KB, 126x110
if this song is good is because jonny
>>
File: image.jpg (89 KB, 505x745) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
89 KB, 505x745
mfw hyped for lp9 too much, new song is kinda ok kinda sucks
>>
>>64570895
disagree

1. OKC
2. Kid A
3. IR
4. Amnesiac
5. HTTT
6. TKOL
7. The Bends
8.Pablo Honey
>>
>>64560131
The first post is the best post once again.

Radioheads entire last ten years have been nothing but you people convincing yourself their irritating poorly written songs are better than they actually are. Muh dissonant chords. Muh transcendental songwriting. Muh haunting melodies. It's all code for "damn this shit kinda sucks but I'm afraid of sounding like a pleb in front of my internet buddies so I'll join the meme and say I love this song!"

I swear Thom did this intentionally this time. He made a cover version of a Coldplay song and watched you pretentious fucks eat it up. If this song was released under a random band's name you'd all hate it. But no, everyone's gotta be super cool and deep and profound so apparently this is now the SOTY.
>>
Where will BTW be on the LP9 tracklist? Sounds like a track 2-3 to me.
>>
>>64571102
Haha it wont be in the album, its just a stand alone single. You guys got memed
>>
>>64571080
Is it really easier to convince yourself that thousands of people are deluded self-deceiving zombies than to accept that not everything shares your opinion?
>>
>>64571156
Yes, in the case of Radiomeme, very much so.
>>
>>64571174
ok
>>
>>64571122
honestly I kinda hope so
>>
>>64562553
Fuck off faggot
>>
>>64560111
He does it with making stupid random noise and singing over it, yet imbeciles like you still fall over this joke of a band.
>>
>>64562956
A bit too slow. Also, try to articulate
>BUUUUAAAAAAAAWAAAAAAAAAAAA
Otherwise it was pretty good
>>
>>64571102
maybe a 4-5?
I feel like that ending would be good right before the record-flip
>>
>>64560111

>>
File: image.jpg (59 KB, 723x723) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
59 KB, 723x723
>>64572035
I love this pasta
>>
>>64572035
>I'm getting dumber just thinking
We can tell.
>>
I mean I was constantly expecting the song to go somewhere but it didn't

static as fuck
>>
>>64562553
trying out new pasta for the first time
>>
>>64572720

I think all the intrigue lies in the energy and dynamics of the strings, not to mention this is probably one of Thom's clearer paranoid rantings. There isn't much of a progression in the typical sense, though there is some playfulness in the second verse; the strings get more conventional in the first half and the electronic grooves switch it up a bit in the second half. By and large though it is pretty static but I don't think the song suffers for that.
>>
File: image.jpg (86 KB, 712x750) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
86 KB, 712x750
>>64562553
>>
Drums are awful on this track, it sounds just like a flaccid electronic beat.
>>
hi hats are too low in the mix, also sound shitty

strings are too trebbley
>>
>>64573583
>>64573596
>it's shit
*pitchfork gives it an 8*
>the bass compliments the track well etc.

Please stop pretending you have opinions of your own.
>>
>>64564675
>not Jigsaw or Videotape
Nude is arguably one of Radioheads best songs.
>>
How did the guy even get out of the burning thing at the end
>>
>>64562928
>>64562932
>>64562969
>>64563000
>>64563011
>>64563069
>>64563138
>>64563176
>>64563367
>>64563952
>>64565129
>>64565245
>No one mentioning Kid A

H-how pleb am I if for me Kid A is their best song?
Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 30

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.