[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>Radiohead redefines mixture of IDM and Rock on TKOL >Five
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 67
Thread images: 7
>Radiohead redefines mixture of IDM and Rock on TKOL
>Five Years Later
>Just sound like Viva la Vida with a bit more dissonant strings

REVOLUTIONARY

What a fucking waste of time.
>>
>>64554544
Nah there's a sense of texture on the new track that is definitely inspired by the current techno diaspora, stay pleb
>>
>>64554608
Maybe pleb shit like Jamie xx
>>
This is better than anything Coldplay could come up with.
>>
Burn the witch would be a better album title. Whatever they came up with is going to pale in comparison
>>
>>64554656
Viva la Vida is a better track desu
It works better.
>>
>>64554544

I'm ok with this
>>
>>64554544
Radiohead are FINISHED. They are over. Rock music is dead!
>>
>>64554728
LOL Viva la Vida is fucking annoying
>>
>radiohead will never make a trap inspired album
they really dropped the ball on this one
>>
>>64554766
Viva la Vida was an anthemic track that succeeded at being anthemic.
Burn the Witch is another weak track that yearns to be anthemic.
>>
>>64554544
Nice bait
>>
>>64554850
>yearns to be anthemic
What gave you that idea?
>>
>ITT: People falling for the bait
>>
I thought it sounded better than anything off the King of Butts. The only reason you're saying it sounds like Coldplay is because they are both British and the song had strings in it.
>>
Didn't really like this song.
I'm afraid Radiohead has lost it, those shitty side projects and Yorke albums were a sign
>>
>>64554873
It's a loud, bright, poppy track, following in Coldplay's steps.
>>
>>64554850
Why do you think it wants to be anthemic; it has a very foreboding mood
>>
what are you fags talkin about is there a new track what?
>>
>>64554908
>I thought it sounded better than anything off the King of Butts.
Then you're a fucking child, because TKOL is one of their best albums.
>>
>judging the album off one song
>>
>>64554914
Poppy? what.
>>
>>64554924
use google fuckface
>>
>>64554914
But why does that have to be described as 'anthemetic'?
>>
Your opinion is worthless
>>
>>64554924
http://www.radiohead.com/deadairspace
>>
>>64554952
it gives nothing
>>
File: 1461814326104.jpg (275 KB, 632x483) Image search: [Google]
1461814326104.jpg
275 KB, 632x483
>>64554544
>In The Bends, the title track wasn't even that great compared to the rest of the album
>In Kid A the title track was merely filler

Radiohead title tracks usually aren't the best parts of their albums, this is nothing new.
>>
>>64554986
update your google
>>
>>64554989
wtf I didn't mean to post that image.
>>
>>64554980
coldplay+steve reich this shit sucks
>>
>>64554951
How the fuck do you not see this track as poppy you moron?
>>
File: ho.jpg (89 KB, 391x379) Image search: [Google]
ho.jpg
89 KB, 391x379
>>64554989
>In Kid A the title track was merely filler
>>
>>64554989
>TT in Kid A
>Filler

what
>>
File: wot.jpg (63 KB, 760x1040) Image search: [Google]
wot.jpg
63 KB, 760x1040
>>64554989
>"Kid A" isn't a masterpiece
It's the best track on the album besides How to Disappear Completely

Also "The Bends" is feelsy af ffs
>>
File: charlie.png (86 KB, 264x240) Image search: [Google]
charlie.png
86 KB, 264x240
>>64555027
Why are you so angry? It's not good for you, you know.
>>
desu this guys were so much better when they were just a alt rock band with a god-tier guitarrist
Just is their best song
>>
>>64555061
Because you're probably another fucking redditor who hated TKOL because it was intelligent and challenging and like this track because it isn't.
>>
File: anus.jpg (30 KB, 600x311) Image search: [Google]
anus.jpg
30 KB, 600x311
>>64555080

I actually really dig TKOL tbthqfam
>>
>this TKOL contrarian faggot
Stay pleb
>>
>>64554908
Lifelong Radiohead fan, and songs like Separator, Lotus Flower, and Give Up the Ghost (at least the way Thom does it live) are easily the best material they've ever written.

So sick of this album hierarchy meme. Radiohead are entry level af, stop pretending you're an 'elitist' for liking any of their work in any capacity. Their early records are stuffed with filler. Part of what makes them great is that they've created incredible songs throughout their career, and keep pushing forward without changing too much or sticking to the same tired formula either.
>>
Track was middling as fuck. Another dud from Radiohead on the way.
>>
i didnt think this song was that bad
im hoping the album has more exciting stuff on it though
>>
Will Radiohead ever play Creep live again?
>>
>>64555190 >>64554938

To each their own I guess. I think people who claim stuff of off TKOL is their best are just trying to be different.
>>
>>64555574
No, they aren't. The material on TKOL is much more harmonically interesting, rhythmically interesting, it's a fantastic album you fucking pleb.
>>
this song is kinda growing on me lads
>>
>>64554544
Well it works though. I mean the arrangement isn't complex or anything, it has nothing special in itself, the mixture of strings and some underlying electronic sounds is well done but kind of obvious when you're fuckin goddamn Radiohead. It's hardly the best they could do, but they are not supposed to throw their best track now, now they just want everyone (even the usual I-love-Creep-fag) to listen to this, and therefore it can't be that strange or clever. I don't like them acting like this, fuck it, but looks like this is the point. Maybe (I hope) there's some more brave shit in the album. This is just everyone's anthem, not bad but not even that good. The composing direction they seem to be following might pay off though, if there's something more to it.

Or maybe I'm wrong, the whole album will go like this and I will hate them even if I love them so much for all the other stuff.

I like the lyrics, for what it's worth.
>>
>>64555611
I'm still hyped for the album but agreed, it feels more a publicity/cash grab than anything.
Greenwood's written far better arrangements than this.
>>
>>64555611
I don't think a band that released Kid A after the massive hit OKC cares about the I-love-Creep fan base too much.
>>
HHHHHIIII'M A CREEP
>>
File: 1459879794641.jpg (197 KB, 900x1200) Image search: [Google]
1459879794641.jpg
197 KB, 900x1200
>>64555080
>Because you're probably another fucking redditor who hated TKOL because it was intelligent and challenging
>>
>>64555720
Tell me how I'm wrong.
>>
>>64555682
well they shouldn't. That's why I'm pissed.
>>
>>64554696
yea i agree burn the witch is a sick album title
>>
>>64554914
Coldplay more like MOULDPLAY
>>
The thing is, anyone might dig a song like this, even people who know nothing about TKOL or even In Rainbows or Kid A, but those who actually listened to their whole discography won't be amused. Fair? I'm not sure. Feels like attention whore. Feels bad - but the song isn't that bad still.
>>
>>64555605
Alright fine, If you honestly believe Lotus Flower and shit is Radiohead's best then thats your opinion. My opinion was that it wasn't that great. By calling me a pleb you in fact prove my point of thinking you're cool and different, but lets just agree to disagree.
>>
>>64556201
i don't think TKOL is their best album as well, maybe the most experimental, interesting, but not the one that will have you listening to it time after time after time
>>
Sounds like it belongs on In Rainbows or something.
>>
does sound like a coldplay song
>>
>buuuuuuuuuhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh wwwwchhhhhhhhhh

you don'y really enjoy this music, do you?
>>
I like it. It seems as rhythm-heavy as TKOL with the added strings. I'm sure this is not the best track on the album, though
>>
Won't one of you sons of bitches post a mega link to the wav file here https://store-us.wasteheadquarters.com/products/burn-the-witch
>>
>>64554544
are you kidding me? do you know anything about rhythm? That's like saying the fucking strings on bela bartoks string quartet one are ripping of the strings on one of the brandenburg concertos.
>>
thm yrke BTFO

>>64556844
>>
Not only is the song completely bland, but the video is a ripoff of The Wicker Man. Fuck this gay band.
Thread replies: 67
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.