[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
why did he shit so hard on it?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 2
File: fantanwoah.jpg (24 KB, 636x359) Image search: [Google]
fantanwoah.jpg
24 KB, 636x359
especially the comments he made about '9'. I mean really, is it that bad or is he just being autistic about this? I personally thought it was the best track
>>
>>64542837
Cause it was bad.
>>
>>64542837
he had to give it a lower score than p4k to seem legit and the rest of /mu/ followed suit
>>
>>64542877
>he had to give it a lower score than p4k to seem legit
because I really don't even believe what hes saying is his honest opinion.
>>
Because it was the biggest let down of the year
I haven't been this disappointed by a rapper I enjoy since Kid Cudi dropped Inducid. Granted Views isn't as bad as that but its damn near as boring.
>>
its literally over an hour of drake wallowing around and whining
>>
>>64542917
I agree with some of his opinions including the well memed Blue-Pinkerton but his reasoning for his opinions are honestly pretentious and empty and that's all I can say about Anthony Fantano

>>64542943
posts like this is what I mean because this is what Drake has been doing his entire career so why did he rate it so many points fewer than NWTS and Take Care?
>>
>>64542994
because at least before it was somewhat novel. what was once seen as vulnerable confessions is now just drake-by-the-numbers.
>>
the album isn't good but 4/10 is obviously way too harsh. but this is fantano's shtick and it's how he keeps people talking about him so it's whatever. there wouldn't be three threads on the front page of /mu/ about this review right now if he gave it a 6.
>>
>>64543034
Considering Take Care was the only album stylistically close to Views then he should have rated NWTS just as low but he didn't

Because he's (mostly) full of shit even though I think you guys take his reviews more seriously than he does
>>
>>64542926
>Kid Cudi
kid who? lol
>>
>>64542837
drake sounds like a faggot when he raps
>>
>>64543067
i don't take fantano seriously at all. i had already listened to and appraised the album as mediocre before the review came out - i haven't even watched it.

most people just read the description for the score, honestly.
>>
lol, poptimists have been getting a hard dose of reality over the past few days

turns out that being a Jewish Canadian child star turned rapper doesn't make you as hard as you think

go figure
>>
File: drizzy.jpg (410 KB, 1440x1503) Image search: [Google]
drizzy.jpg
410 KB, 1440x1503
>>64543105
oh that's a cool remark. did you actually turn 9 years old recently?
>>
>>64543155
this is quite possibly the most retarded post I've seen all day

thank you
>>
>>64543182
You're probably Jewish or Canadian or a child star

walk it off son
>>
>>64543118

He's just p4k on youtube imo

Well at least pitchfork offers something other than their shitty reviews
>>
>>64543195
>You're probably Jewish or Canadian or a child star
>walk it off son
yeah, bleh bleh bleh "he didn't actually start from the bottom" yeah we know, but how the fuck else are you going to get taken seriously in the 'rap game' unless you at least act like you're hard.
>>
>>64543200
yeah, i agree. not a fan of p4k but i can at least say their curation is better too - they sometimes review albums/artists that i'm not aware of. can't say the same of fantano.

he's just a really shallow reviewer imo. it's all blunt surface-level face valuations. a wikipedia summary basically.
>>
>>64543230
You don't have to start from the bottom.

But I think you're missing something.

Drake is Jewish. And Canadian.
Jewish and Canadian.

And he wants us to listen to his rapping. A Canadian Jew.
>>
>>64543279
it's not a lot to ask man he releases like one project every two years
>>
>>64543273
People are better off going to Wiki and looking at metacritic scores than watching theneedledrop

"LIGHT AIRY synths" and "BOMBASTIC dark production"

these are the actual music terms he uses in his reviews and if you watch enough of them they're all just variations
>>
>still posting this retard and giving him attention
>thinking his opinion matters

take e-celeb garbage to reddit or your le ironic facebook meme page
>>
y'all are just jealous because fantano's the only successful /mu/tant there is
>>
>>64543399
>>64543399
actually the perfect description of him
>>
>>64543399
Frankjavcee is next pham.

A E S T H E T I C W A V E
>>
>>64543399
successful relative to what
>>
>>64542837
oh look another "fantano was wrong!!!!" thread
Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.