[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I wish I had musical talent.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 3
File: image.jpg (182 KB, 1136x1536) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
182 KB, 1136x1536
I wish I had musical talent.
>>
p r a c t i c e
>>
>>64539936
How do I motivate myself to practice?
>>
if you didnt start in middle or high school it's too late
>>
How do I motivate myself to learn an instrument?
>>
Don't worry. Plenty of perfectly good music is made by people without talent.
>>
>>64539936
came to post this
>>
>>64539936
this
>>64539878
but you dont actually need any talent
or inspiration
or anything
look at guys like james ferraro or dean blunt
people will eat anything for the sake of being hip
>>
if you didnt start during childhood it's too late
>>
Listen up. No one is born with musical talent. You learn hard, practice even harder and never stop. Pick an instrument of choice, learn to play it. Make music every day if you can. Read up on your theory and collect feedback from people around you. I have been making music for 5 years now and I am still learning new things every day. So stop pitying yourself and get working, because musical skill and good songs aren't magically going to appear in a puff of smoke for you. When you climb that mountain, you're going to fall and stumble, and it's going to hurt. But one you're at the top, you will feel like you own the world. So do it. I believe in you.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E1oZhEIrer4
>>
>>64540643
>No one is born with musical talent.
bullshit
>>
>>64539957
If you're not motivated then why are you even trying to make music
>wants skill
>too lazy to work for it
Get off your ass and play
>>
>>64539957
>>64540183

get into no-wave and outsider music

find out that you don't necessarily need a whole lot of technical skill to make amazing shit
>>
>>64540671
No, it does not happen, aside from the very rare child prodigies. Some children are raised with music and will have a better sense for it. That manifests itself in later life. OP is not that one in a ten thousand or less that is born with that kind of ability, just like most of us, so no, bullshit yourself dude.
>>
If you can't motivate yourself to practice you are doomed. Find an instrument or musical facet that you enjoy so much that you don't have to force yourself and you'll be on a decent track.

Whats your end game? Making it big? That's not a sound one. Regardless of talent many people get ignored, while some are lucky enough to get recognized.

Pursue the music for yourself but if you want recognition you'll have to make it for an audience. All that requires is that it be listenable.

You don't have to absolutely follow or abstain from trends, just pay attention to them. Try to give it your own original take and you will stand out.

At the end of the day there's a greater chance you will never go anywhere than a chance that you will... that goes for people who are naturally talented or not. Someone with no talent who applies themselves will outperform someone who has talent but no application.

Try. Try really hard. If you have to force yourself then look elsewhere.
>>
>>64539957
How do you motivate yourself to do anything?
>>
>>64539957
motivation is a meme
just force yourself to do it and it'll eventually will turn into a habit

t. goy with decent work ethics
>>
File: ac.jpg (306 KB, 504x1056) Image search: [Google]
ac.jpg
306 KB, 504x1056
>tfw too old
>>
>>64540741
It always amazes me how much a well-reasoned point can be undercut by slapping "dude" at the end of it.
>>
>>64541357
you're just an old man or an autistic autist if you think that
>>
>>64541368
And you're idiot if you think it doesn't.
>>
creativity > talent
>>
>>64541709
I believe this too.
Some of my favorite artists aren't necessarily talented in jack shit yet have made some of the most influential albums of all time.
>>
File: 1437375644987.jpg (57 KB, 606x559) Image search: [Google]
1437375644987.jpg
57 KB, 606x559
>>64541357
>>64541386
>>
I wish 80% of artists had musical talent.
Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.