[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Admit it /mu/, if you were born in the late 80s-mid 90s, you
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 53
Thread images: 8
File: korn-fav.png (35 KB, 600x601) Image search: [Google]
korn-fav.png
35 KB, 600x601
Admit it /mu/, if you were born in the late 80s-mid 90s, you liked Korn, Limp Bizkit and Linkin Park at some point.
>>
>admit it
I never denied.
>>
Limp Bizkit were trash, even back then.

Korn and early LP are dope though.
>>
I laughed at them and their shitty fans back then and I laugh at them now.
>>
>>64539857
of course
>>
>>64540025
keep wollin wollin wollin
YEAHH
>>
>>64540035
/thread
>>
>>64540035
really?
>>
>>64539857
i did and i still like early korn and limp bizkit. that shit goes hard
>>
there was a time where LP was my favorite band. Issue is, I cant listen to many of their stuff without thinking about my douchebag 12 year old self and cringing.
Never cared about Limp, and I never got into Korn, however I hear their first album still holds up pretty well
>>
Not so much Linkin Park, but the others yes.

I bought this CD and listened to it every single day for a long time.
>>
More of a soad guy
>>
>>64539857
>linkin park
yes. my favorite band in mioddle school. looking back, a thousand suns is a good alblum and hybrid theory + meteora is fun, too. not too bad
>korn
nah
>limp bizkit
only rollin
for me, it was linkin park, breaking benjamin, crossfade, sum 41 in middle school
>>
Never got into Limp Bizkit. Loved Korn though, in retrospect the guitarwork still holds up.
>>
korn and linkin park for sure

i liked the edginess and cussin' from limp bizkit but even back then I could only tolerate their albums for like five songs at a time.
>>
I still like them.
>>
>>64539857
Linkin Park is still a guilty pleasure of mine tbqh
>>
I don't think I was really into Linkin Park... they were a little after Korn and Limp Bizkit if I remember right.

But yeah, I had a Korn CD, I forget which one it was but it had a teddy bear on the cover I think. Then I had whichever Limp Bizkit CD had the single that was kind of a sad ballad and I think they were in a jail cell in the music video. So, yeah. I was in 4th grade.
>>
Linkin Park was always faggot shit.

Korn fucking rocked though.
>>
>>64541411
same. I have Hybrid theory and Minutes to midanight in my CD collection senpai
>>
File: Slip.jpg (46 KB, 368x270) Image search: [Google]
Slip.jpg
46 KB, 368x270
Slipknot were still the best band to come out of the nu-metal era. They were basically a far better, more experimental band masquerading as a shittier pop-metal band. Hell, their first 2 albums still hold up pretty well and any time they do anything experimental it tends to be some of the best stuff they've ever done.
>>
>>64539857
Limp Bizkit only and I never seriously got into them... Fuck I was in like 7th grade... They were just popular
>>
>>64540025
limp bizkit were so much better than linkin park though

riff-wise for sure
>>
>>64541599
Nah, Slipknot were nowhere near as experimental as bands like Kron and the Delfonics.

They were pretty much meathead rock, all riffs no atmosphere.
>>
>>64541664
>all riffs no atmosphere
Have you even heard Iowa?
>>
>>64541693
I think their most atmospheric was when the Bassist overdosed. Really created a feeling.
>>
>>64541693
I was more talking the first wave, by the time Slipknot released Iowa Korn had already burnt out. 2000 was the last good year for Nu Metal.
>>
>>64540125
when we're you born? like 2000?
>>
File: 1114 - 7pqOIY6.png (223 KB, 850x600) Image search: [Google]
1114 - 7pqOIY6.png
223 KB, 850x600
>>64541693
>>64541664
iowa is pretty fucking good man, the self title is shit, but vol 3. has some good songs too and desu stone sour not that bad either
>>
>>64541713
I take it you just blindly hate this band then?
>>
>>64541756
No actually. Enjoyed the live album. No doubt that Korn is superior in every way though.
>>
Didn't really get into Korn, only liked 2 songs from Limp Biz, Hybrid Theory and Hybrid Theory II however, I listened to religiously. Whenever I'm feeling like an old fart trying to relive his past I'll indulge myself
>>
>>64540025
limp bizkit were the only good nu metal band u tremendous memer
>>
>>64539857
I TRIED SO HARD
>>
>>64541807
AND LOST MY CAR
>>
File: aroundthefur.jpg (27 KB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
aroundthefur.jpg
27 KB, 500x500
All you whipper-snappers will never understand the appeal of nu metal. Pic related is the best pure nu metal album in my opinion.
>>
>>64542032
>tfw learning my own summer on my Ibanez niu metal guitar

Feels nostalgic
>>
Just Linkin Park's first two albums. I was smart enough to tell that Korn and Limp Bizkit were shit.
>>
>>64542056
Oh man you've gotta learn Be Quiet and Drive too. Such nice guitar work on that song.
>>
TRL played Korn and Limp Bizkit non stop. Especially that fucking Freak on a Leash video. They would play half of the video and have screaming idiots yell at the camera.
>>
>>64539857

I wasn't big on Limp Bizkit, but yeah for Korn, but only until Take A Look in the Mirror.

I recently listened to all their stuff again and the stuff I didn't listen to. The only two songs that stood the test of time was Somebody, Someone and Here to Stay. I also watched a documentry they released about Head returning to the band. Jesus Fuck, that guy had a rough couple of years fighting an addiction and raising a daughter who his wife abandoned. Glad to see him back in the band even if I don't listen to them anymore.

Jonathan Davis, on the other hand, seems to enjoy cosplaying as Jabba the Hutt.
>>
>>64541288

Korn's guitar work is top notch. It's probably the band's only redeeming quality.
>>
Nope.

All of us REAL patricians liked pop-punk
>>
Slipknot fans, what was your opinion on Vol. 3: The Subliminal Verses when it came out?

I remember buying it and thinking it was shit, but I went back to it recently and I found myself enjoying it more then 15 year old me did.
>>
>>64542982

Gob
>>
File: images.png (3 KB, 225x225) Image search: [Google]
images.png
3 KB, 225x225
>>64542032
And then they put this out and everybody died

I love this album still
>>
>>64543001
It's actually a solid record, nothing special though.

It's also pretty technical at some points too.
>>
>>64543001
their best album but with the worst fucking production ever
>>
Nah, never liked them. I was born in the early 90s but didn't really get into music until the mid 00s. I knew people who listened to them but I didn't really have much of an opinion as I didn't care about music at the time. And then when I started caring about music I started as a wrong generation fag.
>>
>>64539857
I did. When I was 14.
>>
File: Picture 12.png (165 KB, 781x438) Image search: [Google]
Picture 12.png
165 KB, 781x438
>tfw lost my virginity to [WITH_TEETH] with a country music gf listening to Nine Inch Nails for the first time, who thought Hurt was a Johnny Cash original.
>>
I thank God I never fell into that phase
>>
>>64543053
Yeah that was a real game-changer, still one of my favourite albums.
Thread replies: 53
Thread images: 8

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.