[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What's the musical equivalent of this? Joanna Newsom's
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 5
File: 484.jpg (97 KB, 935x1201) Image search: [Google]
484.jpg
97 KB, 935x1201
What's the musical equivalent of this?

Joanna Newsom's Divers gave me really similar vibes with the lyrics and themes.
>>
>>64539804
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PXgjdhLnufo
duh
>>
Henri Chopin - Cantata for Two Farts
>>
WHIP IT
>>
File: folder.jpg (117 KB, 953x953) Image search: [Google]
folder.jpg
117 KB, 953x953
you know why
>>
File: image.jpg (138 KB, 1024x1023) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
138 KB, 1024x1023
Feels stupid having to say it. You can pretty much us their entire catalogue, but...

Gnostic themes (pyramid song)
Borgesian labrynths (pulk/pull)
(There's someone listening in...)
Dollars & Cents
You & Whose Army???
Other stuff, but, yea..
>>
>>64539919
why?
>>
>>64540043
You know
>>
>>64540189
The banana represents a phallic symbol in both the novel and on the cover? That's the only thing I can think of.
>>
>>64540041
Also, while not the same book, Radiohead's merchandise distributor is W.A.S.T.E.

So, safe to say Pynchon made a big impact on Yorke & Co.
>>
lit posts are always shit posts.

there are no musical equivalents to your pomo tomes. both mediums can be enjoyed without weird attempts at cross pollination.
>>
>>64540555
Pat Benatar literally has an album called "Gravity's Rainbow"
>>
>>64540043
Sadomasochism?
>>
>>64540242
in the opening of GR there's a banana-themed scene. it's hilarious.
>>
>>64539804
Killing yourself
>>
>>64540638
yes but does that mean listening to pat benetar's album an equivalent aesthetic experience experience?
>>
>>64540695
It's safe to assume there's some...to use your phrase..."cross-pollination"
>>
>>64540695
And I think the Radiohead comparisons are more than reasonable.
>>
>>64540695
It's also pretty well known that Pynchon was a Beach Boys fan (even shared a joint with Brian WIlson once). So, in it's own weird high brow/low brow way Pet Sounds and Smiley Smile
>>
File: image.jpg (63 KB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
63 KB, 500x500
>>64540555
Also, not to drive the point home too much, but your comment kind of annoyed me, this.
>>
>>64540555
>>64541074
And by this album I'm obviously referring to Moby Dick, not Pynchon.
>>
>>64539804
>Joanna Newsom
are you sure you're sensing an affinity, and not simply associating Pynchon and her work because she appears in the Inherent Vice movie?
Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.