[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What are some essential right-wing artists?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 45
Thread images: 4
File: Frank Zappa.jpg (514 KB, 900x878) Image search: [Google]
Frank Zappa.jpg
514 KB, 900x878
>>
DUDE HIPPIES LMAO
DUDE I SMOKE AND PROBABLY DIED BECAUSE OF IT BUT DRUG TAKERS AM I RIGHT LMAO
DUDE SHITTY PARODY DOO WOP SONGS LMAO

Frank Zappa was a mediocre prog artist at best when he wasn't making those stupid albums like sheik yerbouti
>>
>>64539377
wow rude
>>
>>64539285
Zappa would probably be sick to his stomach if he went on /pol/

He wouldn't like uptight SJW dipshits who would bitch about songs like "Titties n Beer" but still, he's not the modern 4chan right winged.
>>
>>64539521
This.
>>
>>64539521
/pol/ is an embarrassment to the world
>>
>>64539285
Just because Zappa was openly against the hippies, hardcore drug abuse, government spending, etc doesn't mean he wasn't against wars, the religious right, reagan, etc
>>
>>64539521
>>64539547
>>64539572
these
>>
File: CS436443-01A-BIG.jpg (112 KB, 700x708) Image search: [Google]
CS436443-01A-BIG.jpg
112 KB, 700x708
>>
>>64539572
Wasn't he against the state and a proto-anarchocapitalist aswell?
>>
>>64539663
He called himself a "practical conservative" (but I think he meant "conservative" in the sense that he opposed radical/violent revolution and overthrowing the state).

It seems like he was a pragmatist, more or less, who recognized (and chastised) the flaws in the government/society, but advocated taking an active role in it and trying to make it better rather than doing away with it.

He seemed to like the U.S. Constitution and later in life talked about how he supported the concepts of a military and social security.
>>
>>64539572
government spending on what
>>
>>64539888
The welfare state and the "Star Wars" program for the military in the 80s at the time
>>
>>64539377
are u fine?
>>
>>64539521
No one mentioned /pol/ dude
Are you triggered or something?
>>
>>64540141
Fairly relevant to the discussion of right-wing politics on 4chan.
>>
man imagine if Zappa was alive for this presidential race
>>
>>64539377
>Frank Zappa was mediocre
as much as you dislike him, this is wrong
>>
>>64540805
I'd vote for him.
>>
>>64539377
Do you listen to music, sir?
>>
>The Mothers, and particularly Frank Zappa, were all brilliant musicians, but Zappa would hold them back and make them play loud, irritating, cacophonous bilge until the audience was so annoyed that it would get up and yell insults at them. Then Zappa would turn his Mothers loose and the audience would be stunned by the sheer technical brilliance of the musicians.
>But sometimes the outrage would work in reverse. Frank told me that his biggest disappointment was when he came to lecture at the London School of Economics and all the students wanted to know was what was happening to "The Revolution" in America, and how were the Campus riots organised.
>He told me: "Those stupid young English ------ wanted to copy the idiots here who think they can change the world overnight. Don't they realise that if there is a Revolution like they would have us think, it will fail because there is just no leadership for those kids?"

http://wiki.killuglyradio.com/wiki/Zappa_%E2%80%93_Outrageous_Star
>>
>>64539377
Your a retard
>>
>>64540963
>"I was invited to speak at the London School of Economics. So I went over there and asked, 'What do you want me to say?' So here's a bunch of youthful British leftists who take the same youthful leftist view that is popular the world over. It's like belonging to a car club. The whole leftist mentality – 'We want to burn the ... world down and start all over and go back to nature.' Basing their principles on Marxist doctrine this and Mao Tse Tung that and all these clichés that they've read in their classes. And they think that's the basis for conducting a revolution that's going to liberate the common man. Meanwhile, they don't even know any common men. With their mod clothes, either that or their Che Guevara khakis. It's a ... game.
>"I do not think they will acquire the power to do what they want to do, because I'm positive that most of them don't really believe what they're saying. I told them that what they were into was just the equivalent of this year's flower power. A couple of years before those same shmucks were wandering around with incense and bells in the park ... because they heard that that was what was happening in San Francisco. The first thing they asked me was what was going on at Berkeley. I was thinking to myself, 'What, you guys want to copy that too?' ... It's really depressing to sit in front of a large number of people and have them all be that stupid, all at once. And they're in college."

http://wiki.killuglyradio.com/wiki/Frank_Zappa:_The_Mother_of_Us_All

Some other "good reads":

http://wiki.killuglyradio.com/wiki/An_Explosion_Of_Non-Communication
http://wiki.killuglyradio.com/wiki/The_Truth_Is_%E2%80%93_They're_Not_As_Ugly_As_Their_Pictures
>>
>>64539285
Zappa wasn't all right wing man, he frequently attacked republicans, democrats too but republicans got the worst of it. He was for increasing taxes and taxing the churches that's not very right wing.
>>
>>64540963
>>64541032
And a final one, with a quote:

And a final one, with a choice quote:

http://wiki.killuglyradio.com/wiki/Zappa_%E2%80%93_The_Great_Satirist

>"An interesting thing happened when I was last in London," Frank mused when I raised the subject of the LSE. "I was sitting in the Speakeasy and there was this young man, an American, buying drinks for a large number of people. He came over and apologised, said he was one of the people who had been bleating at me at the London School of Economics.
>"I remembered him. He was really running his mouth. He wanted to know what did I do with my money. He was in the full Che Guevara costume. At the Speakeasy I asked why he was in England, why he was at the LSE. It turned out he was there on his parents' money, avoiding the draft or something.
>"Actually, my main disagreement with those Maoists is not that they want to change things. I want to change a lot of the same things. But most of the really radical revolutionaries' conception of change is a swing of the pendulum in one direction only."

The way I see it, Zappa didn't like hypocrisy.

Not one bit.
>>
the beach boys
>>
>>64539547
>the world
The world doesn't care about 4chan
>>
>>64541414
Mike Love and Bruce Johnston doesn't count brah
>>
>>64542541
i've seen a shitload of articles about neofascism and how it started on boards like /pol/
>>
File: Curvy dress.jpg (62 KB, 467x700) Image search: [Google]
Curvy dress.jpg
62 KB, 467x700
>>64542811
>shitloads
>>
>>64539377
im not a straight edge but chill you're making an ass out of yourself
>>
>>64542838
what does this post even mean? the quote isn't correct
>>
>>64542811
sigh
neo-reactionaries*
>>
File: boobies.jpg (60 KB, 500x701) Image search: [Google]
boobies.jpg
60 KB, 500x701
>>64542908
>correct
>>
>>64539285
Mixing music with politics is fucking despicable, didn't you watch "clockwork orange"?
>>
>>64542950
okay i saw one poorly written article by a redditor probably

>>64542965
i mean she's hot but these aren't really reaction images

>inb4 another marina pic with >really quoted
>>
>>64542978
all art is political whether it wants to be or not
>>
>>64539285
>If you don't do drugs that makes you right-wing conservative

This is what liberals actually believe.
>>
Neil Young is economically conservative, oddly enough.
>>
>>64543204
He's very anti-republican though. He wrote the anti-Nixon song Ohio, and wrote Let’s Impeach The President while Bush was in office.
>>
>>64539547

You spelled saviour wrong ahmed
>>
>>64542811

> salon.com reader
>>
>>64539547
The entire alt-right is an embarrassment to the world.
>huuurrrrr let's unironically believe in bullshit like divine right of kings, that even our great great grandparents would have laughed at
As for Zappa, afaik he seemed closer to small-l libertarian than conservative.
>>
>>64542838
>>64542965
post more marina lad
>>
>>64546353

> alt right is one homogeneous ideology
> even a minority of the alt right believes in divine right

Wut
Thread replies: 45
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.