[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What's the best Insane Clown Posse album? I know they're
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 1
File: image.jpg (143 KB, 960x640) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
143 KB, 960x640
What's the best Insane Clown Posse album? I know they're often denigrated by music aficionados, but they seem to have a pretty distinctive, if albeit ridiculous, aesthetic from what I have heard, and they've managed to establish their own subculture. I think that warrants a genuine attempt to engage with them. So which release of theirs would give me the best understanding of what they're about?
>>
>>64538699
whatever you're looking for, you sure aren't going to find it on /mu/, as no one here seriously pays attention to juggalo culture
>>
>>64538737
I have faith that at least a handful of my /mu/ brethren have an appreciation for ICP, even if from afar. Not everyone here is a /mu/core drone, thankfully.
>>
>>64538807
There's a skyperoom for ICP /mu/ fans, would you like to join it?
>>
y u do this
>>
>>64538870
Don't have Skype on this computer and am too lazy at the moment to download it. What's your favorite ICP album though?
>>
more like insane clown pussies X^)))))
>>
ringmaster
>>
>>64538870
yes pls
>>
>>64540460
this

just got my tickets to see them today :^)
>>
>>64538699
The Great Milenko > Riddle Box > The Amazing Jeckel Brothers > Hell's Pit > The Marvelous Missing Link: Lost > The Ringmaster > The Wraith: Shangri-La > Carnival Of Carnage > Bizarr/Bizaar > Bang Pow Boom > The Mighty Death Pop > The Tempest > The Marvelous Missing Link: Found
>>
Please stop supporting violent gangs on this website.
>>
>>64538699
Probably the Great Milenko since it has the better of their only 2 good songs
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rPkWGZYocCo

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dN5ezCTvqeQ
Note that I have never listened to an album of theirs.
>>
Interesting thread OP
I'm sure ICP isn't as bad as they're made out to be, but I have no interest in listening to them.

Glad to see someone on this board remain fairly open minded on a group that receives so much hate.
>>
>>64540866
>>64540806
Think I'm going to give Great Milenko a spin as my introduction to ICP. Cheers, /mu/
>>
>>64540874
>Glad to see someone on this board remain fairly open minded on a group that receives so much hate.
it's mostly out of morbid curiosity and that we barely know anything about them
>>
Milenko and Riddle Box are where you start

Also, Mostasteless by Twiztid
>>
ICP made legit great music from 1993-2004, not even trolling

https://youtu.be/KStFT0SiX7Y
>>
anyone have a dl link to milenko?
>>
>>64542365

sounds like a rap version of slint
>>
>>64542365
this is actually really cool
>>
>>64543988
joking, right?
>>
>>64544090
no, it's a neat track. reminds me of dr octagon a bit.
>>
i like the hook in this one

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VNtmBrLzklk
>>
If you want to get a sense of what they're about, then listen to their first two or three albums. That's when they were at their rawest, and had shit to prove.

ICP actually have a respectable legacy in my opinion, but I still think their music is unlistenable.
>>
If you're into mainstream rap, start with The Great Milenko.

If you're into darker lyrics, more on the Horrorcore style, Riddlebox > Ringmaster > Carnival of Carnage > The Amazing Jeckel Brothers

If you're into gangster rap, start with Carnival of Carnage.

If you're into thinly veiled religious propaganda, Shangri-La, and Hell's Pit.

If you want weird a fuck rap that fits in exactly nowhere, Bizaar/Bizzar (2 albums)

If you hate yourself, listen to any of their post-2006 music.
>>
>>64544123
Kool Keith was on RLP for a minute, so he may have actually toured with ICP at some point in time.
Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.