[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
JANIS JOPLIN
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1
File: janis_joplin_6727.jpg (507 KB, 922x953) Image search: [Google]
janis_joplin_6727.jpg
507 KB, 922x953
I'm sorry, I just cannot fucking stand her voice. It makes my ears bleed. I mean, yeah she was very inspiring for what she went through in life, but I just don't see what the hype is about.
Thoughts?
>>
>>64534992
Wow the edge
>probably only listened to 2 songs by her
>>
She's a white chick with soul in her voice.

What's not to love?
>>
Stay pleb
>>
Stop being an actual infant. Your thread isn't worth a fraction of the hyperbole necessary to state that a woman's voice caused your ears to bleed.

What is even the point of this? So you can complain? Not only that, complain incorrectly? The woman's voice was clearly not an issue for her singing career.

I don't even like Joplin.
>>
>>64535349
>Implying all raspy voiced singers have soul
>>
>>64534992
She's probably my favourite female singer of all time. She had more soul than most singers of her time or since.

That being getting hooked on heroin and wasting her talent like that isn't very inspiring.
>>
>>64535527
that being said*
>>
>>64535440
is this unty?
>>
She was heavily influenced by blues singers, male and female. A lot of people compare her to Billie Holiday or Bessie Smith but I can totally hear a Howlin' Wolf influence in there. I think you have to have an appreciation of blues to like her voice.
>>
>>64534992
Do you even Bob dylan, op?
>>
Not too many white women can sing like Etta James, but Janis could. God bless her.
>>
>>64534992
Pearl is honestly one of the best albums ever made
Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.