[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Which genre got the best qts and why is it shugazi ?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 62
Thread images: 11
File: 564654565.jpg (65 KB, 960x640) Image search: [Google]
564654565.jpg
65 KB, 960x640
Which genre got the best qts and why is it shugazi ?
>>
>>64533661
please do not discuss Rachel outside of /shugazi/ she is not for normoes of the rest of the board to perve over
our appreciation for Rachel and the rest of the band goes beyond physical appearance
it is a spiritual connection and thus this is why /shugazi/ has the superior qts
>>
>>64533661
Rachell Goswell is so attractive and has such a great voice.
I love slowdive
>>
Literally the only good thing about Slowdive, and by that I mean appearance only

Fuck /mu/'s obsession with shitty, entry level bands
>>
Kpop obviously
>>
File: 9Ul6ahE.jpg (45 KB, 614x470) Image search: [Google]
9Ul6ahE.jpg
45 KB, 614x470
>>64533716
>>
>>64533822
this
>>
>>64533822
dubs of truth
>>
Because as a listener, shoegaze is highly accessible and approachable, while as a musician, shoegaze is scarcely demanding or technical. Simultaneously the genre is niche enough to spawn its own scene.

In whole, this makes shoegaze probably the most rewarding genre for women to invest their time in.
>>
>>64533822
get the fuck out you plastic surgery loving cunt
>>
File: 1457922371321.jpg (185 KB, 1024x768) Image search: [Google]
1457922371321.jpg
185 KB, 1024x768
>>64533661
>>64533716
>>64533745

>>64533787
well that but she's not even attractive anymore. MBV is by far the better band with a more interesting sound, and Belinda's still a MILF while Rachel looks like shit
>>
File: 1461872690756.gif (41 KB, 285x321) Image search: [Google]
1461872690756.gif
41 KB, 285x321
>>64534129
>>
>>64534192
Look, I don't think all women are vapid creatures seeking recognition and validation, just most of them.

While it may be unpleasant and politically incorrect to say so, you have to recognize the accuracy of my assessment.

Shoegaze IS both accessible and approachable, AND BOTH scarcely demanding and technical. Yet, the genre has its own scene.

For each of those reasons, it makes perfect sense why you'd find an oddly large number of women invested in the genre: It's much easier to get involved with, yet the scene's participants will still shower you with unwarranted attention because you're a girl stepping ever so slightly out of the mainstream musical sphere.
>>
Shoegaze was the hot genre at the time when Slowdive and Chapterhouse and Curve and a million other shoegaze bands were coming out. It's very pretty music so it gets even more audience friendly once you add a pretty face. Souvlaki is boring as Fuck though.
>>
>>64533787
>entry-level=bad
when will this meme end
>>
>>64534323
/mu/ should be an enthusiast board but we are left discussing the same shit reddit does

Reddit is absolutely not interested whatsoever in avant-garde genres, /mu/ should be the place where they are discussed because there are few places to do so
>>
>>64534185
i hate all the waifu shit but bilinda is hot as fuck to be honest
>>
>>64534353
That has nothing to do with entry-level music being automatically bad by dint of its popularity.

(I agree with your argument, though.)
>>
>>64534353
and who keeps you from discussing all those 'avant-garde' genres anon?
>>
>>64534353
This.

I fucking hate this place. I look through the catalog and 9/10 I can't discuss anything that I listen to because this board is cluttered with discussion tailored to some twitter post, or the newest Drake/Beyonce album, or some other bullshit that could be discussed just as efficiently on any number of other sites.

These retards only come here for the goddamn memes and I'm fucking sick of it.
>>
>>64534353
why? so people can get into dick-measuring contests over it?
>>
>>64534353
you're right but entry level = bad is not true.
>>
>>64534412
No, to discover new shit.
>>
>>64534316
>>64534411
Go back to being dead. You've either reinvented yourself as a complete troll or have really lost whatever self awareness you had.
>>
>>64534411
>hurr-durr people dont have the patrician taste i do, i'm sick of it
>i hate this place
>tripfag

dont embarrass yourself pls
>>
Girls can't play guitar without fuckloads of effects to cover up how shit they are. Don't get me wrong, there's plenty of talented famale musicians but the majority just picked up a guitar thought 'omg, look how hot I look holding this thing' learned a few chords and bought a fuck ton of pedals to play with in lieu of writing noteworthy music. Come to think of it, that's just most guitarists but the women playing them are especially bad when it comes to this.
>>
>>64534412
No, to discuss them faggot. Only entry level tards get salty that good albums they haven't seen on pitchfork are currently being discussed

>>64534376
>>64534435
Ok fine, entry level is not automatically shit but I think we are all sick of seeing it all the damn time? I just find most of it boring when you've fully explored a genre. Some of it keeps neat qualities like a good twist on a style that make them still worth listening but honestly there is so much interesting music out there it's a crying shame it gets ignored so everyone can circlejerk the same shit everyone but dumb pop only fags have heard of
>>
File: J Mascis.jpg (19 KB, 290x429) Image search: [Google]
J Mascis.jpg
19 KB, 290x429
it's noise rock
>>
>>64534512
Then do something about it.
Change won't come over night but be the poster you want to see in the board.
Create quality threads and people will come.
>>
>>64534129
even though you're a meme I have to agree with you; DG/AnCo/pop rap is to /mu/ as GoT/capeshit is to /tv/. no substance to those discussions whatsoever.
>>
>>64533661
prog
>>
>>64534452
>you've either reinvented yourself as a complete troll
False.
>or have really lost whatever self awareness you had
Also false.

In my first post, notice how I recognize that not all women fit my description, how I recognize that someone women invest their effort and time in shoegaze and other genres through a sincere interest. That's a consequence of my still omnipresent self-awareness.

Put some effort into your refutation or don't bother submitting anything at all.

>>64534479
That's not what I said.

Discussion on this board is dominated by the same, narrow set of genres, bands, and topics. There is no deviation, no exploring. Honestly, the fucking closest this board gets to exploring new music is in those goddamn shitty circlejerk chart and RYM threads, which is a fucking testament to how reductive and repetitive the rhetoric and tastes on this board have become.
>>
>>64534559
I create a thread about bands or genres I like or think /mu/ might find interesting every day

No replies. Bump several times and give up

I refuse to post bait just to get replies, fuck the stupid kids on this board. The reason every board sucks dick is because mods don't exist and jannies are such rulefags they won't delete obvious shitty bait or meme threads because they are 'on topic'
>>
>>64534129
this is true

>>64533716
shoegaze is literally the most normie """obscure""" genre. just rich kids half-heartedly singing about love. it was also extremely popular in the UK in the 90s, not the niche thing we see it as today
>>
>>64534512
Yeah, agree.
>>
>>64534559
>create quality threads and people will come
Oh, really? You think so? Well, you're fucking wrong.

Have a look at some of the threads I've made: https://archive.rebeccablacktech.com/mu/?task=search2&ghost=&search_text=&search_subject=&search_username=unty&search_tripcode=&search_email=&search_filename=&search_datefrom=&search_dateto=&search_media_hash=&search_op=op&search_del=dontcare&search_int=dontcare&search_ord=new&search_capcode=all&search_res=post

Several of remarkable novelty and nuance, yet each universally ignored because people on this board have become goddamn complacent and culture has made it a sin to be anything but an apathetic meme.
>>
>>64534749
THIS.

Fucking Christ I made a Lisa Germano thread a few weeks ago and got MAYBE 3 unique posters to reply.

People on this board don't even fucking know who Lisa Germano is.
>>
>>64534791
minimal wave is literally the most normie """obscure""" genre. just berniefags half-heartedly singing about being disenfranchised wage slaves. it was also extremely popular in the UK in the 80s, not the niche thing we see it as today
>>
File: gero.jpg (71 KB, 770x654) Image search: [Google]
gero.jpg
71 KB, 770x654
Noisecore
>>
File: 1458085657830.jpg (10 KB, 236x365) Image search: [Google]
1458085657830.jpg
10 KB, 236x365
Skip to 17 minutes 52 seconds in, or just copy and paste this link in your URL, and watch.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8t8HxBF9FzM&t=17m52s

Just try telling me she isn't the most qt shoegazer ever, with those teeth and that awkward smile, I dare ya.
>>
>>64534749
This.

Unfortunately /mu/ is the only platform for music discussion I know of where someone will quickly reply to your post. I fucking lose brain cells skimming rap threads here, especially DG threads.
>>
>>64534889
wow kid i really don't like this comment and would like you to take your memes elsewhere please
>>
>>64534959
>tfw i'll never have a qt like bilinda to make whacky warpy music with
>>
>>64534998
>calling shoegaze a "normie" genre
You're the memekid, faggot.
>>
>>64534976
I don't really care so much about quick replies any more, I just come here to be anonymous without any forum bullshit with usernames because it just leads to circlejerk faggotry

If a forum you had to register for but every username was anonymous appeared and had better discussion I think I'd leave 4chan behind at this point

I just want to talk about shit without people's fucking egos getting in the way. Fuck stupid children for ruining this haven
>>
>>64534353
>complains about lack of discussion and no avant-garde content
>shitposting as we speak
why complain when you're part of the problem?
>>
>>64535308
>shitposting
That isn't shitposting you fucking invalid
>>
>>64533822
This desu
>>
>ywn have a girlfriend like her
>>
>>64534810
C'mon mate, babu steps. Gotta learn to walk before you can jump.

Also, your trip may be hindering you efforts.
>>
>>64536179
>baby steps
>gotta learn to walk before you can jump
What the fuck are you implying? Also, it's definitely not my trip; it's this fucking board. There was a /soc/-tier "faces of /mu/" thread up a few minutes ago that had accumulated almost 100 posts in less than 30 minutes.

It's not my trip. It's this fucking board. This board doesn't fucking care about music and it's fucking sickening and I don't know why I bothered coming back because this somehow manages to be worse than I remember it.

I hope other people follow suit and quit this place, and eventually perhaps we'll all find each other from which a community that actually gives a damn about music can spring forth.

Fuck this place.
>>
>>64536471
People should ignore the trip in reference to the actual content of the post but people don't.

Perhaps a few of your thread idea were too focused. It will take time to cultivate a culture which can foster proper discussion.
>>
>>64536471
>tfw i'll never be so autistic that i can't even fit in on 4chan
wew lad
>>
>>64536605
>will take time to cultivate a culture which can foster proper discussion
I like to believe that at a prior point in time /mu/ could foster proper discussion. This board is going backwards.
>>
>>64536471
Damn I actually agree with this.

Only problem is there isn't really anywhere else to go
>>
File: sara.jpg (22 KB, 236x353) Image search: [Google]
sara.jpg
22 KB, 236x353
Post-hardcore had some QT's too senpai
>>
File: sara vs vern.gif (4 MB, 443x355) Image search: [Google]
sara vs vern.gif
4 MB, 443x355
>>64537298
Agreed.

I wish so much that I could've seen them perform live in their raw youth.
>>
>>64534810
>Several of remarkable novelty and nuance
Get over yourself, hoss.
>>
>>64537446
Several of those threads are of remarkable novelty and nuance. If you're going to deny that simply because the notion that a tripfag does more to facilitate engaging and novel discussion than you is offense to you, then you're part of the problem that >>64536605 is referencing.

Time for some introspection.
>>
File: 1461161408233.jpg (19 KB, 255x255) Image search: [Google]
1461161408233.jpg
19 KB, 255x255
>>64533661
>shugazi
>not shoegaze
>>
>>64537666
I'm not denying it because of your trip, I'm denying it because many of them are pedestrian /mu/ threads that just happen to lack some of the sensationalist wording that attracts posters. Others are rooted in you more than any particular topic. Have you considered just getting a blog?

Conversation here can be fleeting, just like any other board on 4chan. I've made many posts--surely just as "remarkably" novel as yours--some of which were successful. Some weren't. Boo-hoo.
>>
>>64537826
>many of them are pedestrian /mu/ threads
Boasting that several of my threads are of remarkable novelty and nuance doesn't mean that many of them can't be pedestrian. You misunderstand me.

On that first page alone I found at least 4 threads satisfying those qualifications without being blogs.
Thread replies: 62
Thread images: 11

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.